Become a Patron!

please help

So I had the v8 stick rainbow and I accidently broke the glass. so I went out to buy a new tank and bought a tfv8 tank and its different from the tank before and when I try to vape a little bit of smoke comes out and it really hurts my throat. did I buy the wrong tank or is this tank compatible with the smok stick v8 rainbow edition. please help I spent a lot of money on this.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Get a new coil installed, and soak it in eliquid inside and out, and let it sit a few minutes before vaping it. Sounds like your coil was dry

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It burned the cotton in it, you could still use it if desperate but it will probably taste bad and be likely to get dry too fast. So I recommend just throwing it away, getting another one, and dripping ejuice thoroughly inside and out of the coil, let it soak that liquid up before hitting the power button.

It burned the cotton in it, you could still use it if desperate but it will probably taste bad and be likely to get dry too fast. So I recommend just throwing it away, getting another one, and dripping ejuice thoroughly inside and out of the coil, let it soak that liquid up before hitting the power button.
I got a new coil and soaked it before using it. I let it sit and its still hurting and no clouds are coming out...

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I got a new coil and soaked it before using it. I let it sit and its still hurting and no clouds are coming out...

Are you getting spitback? If so, then the coil is flooded, which is easy to fix. Tilt your tank upside down, wrap a cloth around the air holes, and give a couple good blows. If it still hurts, it could be the juice, what is your PG/VG/nic content? High nic in a sub ohm is pretty rough if you aren't used to it.

EDIT Oh and welcome to VU, happy to have ya

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some people poke holes in those coils with a needle, that might help...ehhh...not sure what the problem is

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
what should I do if I did that? is the coil ruined?
Depends on how burned the coil is.. if it is only scortched a bit, you might be able to use it. If it is burnt, better off replacing it.

This has me puzzled. If you get no cloud, what is hurting?
Smok stick is a mechanical mod, so as you vape the voltage gets lower and you get less vapor until you recharge it. Now being a mech and using a prebuilt factory coil, then 0.15 ohm to 0.30 should work fine. Open your air flow to full and try that. That will cool the coil more as you vape. Once you get that part going, you can adjust your airflow to taste.
Those are some pretty big coils, so you should get at least one hit just from priming.

The 0.15 ohm quad coil should work on you mod. Running between 82w at 3.5v up to 118w at 4.2v. ( recommended 90~150W) which seems within your coil and mod range. In other words.. you should get at least some vapor. Here is a link to calculate coil resistance and battery voltage and amps draw and wattage...
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

Now, if i read the package contents on that tank correctly, it comes with a rebuildable coil. Since you are new, do not go below 0.15 ohm. We already know the battery can handle that, from the premade 0.15 ohm coils. Keeping around 0.20 ohm would be even better. I know you CAN build lower resistance, but DON'T. Since you don't know what battery is in the mod, you can't know it's stress test results. I would recommend just using factory coils until you learn more, and mention this only in case you do want to "give it a try".

The 0.15ohm V8-T8 Octuple Coil (6.6T) - rated for 50~260W, recommended 120~180W may be more than your cell can push at 0.15 ohm and would be more suited to a 2 cell regulated mod. If you were using this, you might just barely get a whisp of vapor.

Replacement Glass for your Big Baby tank.....
https://www.fasttech.com/product/6824700-replacement-glass-tank-for-smok-tfv8-big-baby

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Could you confirm the name of the new tank you bought ....is it the TFV8 beast tank with big chunky coils in it? Or baby beast?

Which coil did you put in it? Does it say T8 somewhere?

If you happened to buy the normal sized beast that stick is going to struggle to power it

And the smok stick is most definately not mechanical as per above post it’s just working in bypass mode

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Could you confirm the name of the new tank you bought ....is it the TFV8 beast tank with big chunky coils in it? Or baby beast?

Which coil did you put in it? Does it say T8 somewhere?

If you happened to buy the normal sized beast that stick is going to struggle to power it

And the smok stick is most definately not mechanical as per above post it’s just working in bypass mode

Could be.. I noticed I was looking at the 2000mah version. The 3000 mah version has protections, but wattage is determined by coil resistance. You can not adjust voltage or wattage.

Having looked further.. this coils for this mod are specific to this battery.. see
when used with the included baby M2 coil head, which specially made for stick v8 battery
But the smaller coils should work when using your new tank.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Could be.. I noticed I was looking at the 2000mah version. The 3000 mah version has protections, but wattage is determined by coil resistance. You can not adjust voltage or wattage.

Having looked further.. this coils for this mod are specific to this battery.. see
when used with the included baby M2 coil head, which specially made for stick v8 battery

100% correct. The Stick was made to be used with the M2 coils

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Where I was going with the questions buying the new tank sounded like OP bought the beast tank

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
That's what I thought as well. If that's the case I would recommend a different mod or tank. Doesn't seem to me as if the stick will work properly with the Beast. Not familiar with either, but would never have sold a Beast v8 to pair with a Smok stick.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I had the v8 stick rainbow and I accidently broke the glass. so I went out to buy a new tank and bought a tfv8 tank and its different from the tank before and when I try to vape a little bit of smoke comes out and it really hurts my throat. did I buy the wrong tank or is this tank compatible with the smok stick v8 rainbow edition. please help I spent a lot of money on this.

If you ever have a question on some of the "newer stuff" you can feel free to PM me. I get most of it and if I can not help you I can definitely point you in the right direction.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Where I was going with the questions buying the new tank sounded like OP bought the beast tank
Figured they did. They said the tank was not the same, so I figured they went tfv8. I got the wattages from the website for the coils that came with that tank kit. The 0.15 quad coil will work, just not as well as the M2 coil on that battery.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors