1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Pledge to Stop the Stinkies

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by Woodsman, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Woodsman

Woodsman Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Okay, I'm one of the 13% (Vape Magazine poll) who double dips (+/- 5 stinkies/day).
    Well, the photo is of my last Stinky. As of Now, I am no longer a double-dipper.
    Signed,
    Woodsman
    June 29, 2015
    gator2.jpg

2. rolltidevaper

rolltidevaper Still here! Just covered up with "life" VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Congrats Woodsman! And good luck. I did the same thing, but only for a couple of weeks. I can't even imagine going near the stinkies again! Hang in there!!!!

Woodsman likes this.
  3. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    I'm educating myself about the health effects of Nicotine. Seems that Nicotine is not necessarily a bad thing:

Try separating the smoke from your nicotine fix. Doing so will save your life.

That’s because the deadly poisons in a burning cigarette and the spectrum of devastating health effects come from the smoke that’s created, and not from the nicotine itself. That fact is the biggest misconception about tobacco smoking.

Understanding this key fact, which is highlighted in ACSH’s “The Effects of Nicotine on Human Health,” is the first major step addicted smokers can take to break free from the insidiously deadly grip of cigarettes. Smokers smoke for the nicotine…but they die from the smoke. Nicotine is not a carcinogen. And it is not toxic in the amount delivered by a cigarette. Many smokers, and even some physicians, falsely believe that nicotine is the primary cancer-causing agent in cigarette smoking.

“This publication clearly demonstrates that it is the inhaled products of combustion of a lighted cigarette — the smoke —which causes disease and death, and not the nicotine,” says Dr. Elizabeth Whelan, president of the American Council on Science and Health. “All smokers need to know this.”

http://www.scribd.com/doc/195347257/Nicotine-and-Health

DickyT likes this.
  4. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Thanks!! I have plenty of vape gear and juice, so I'm ahead of the game...

smacksy likes this.
  5. RMarcusY

RMarcusY ☮ Ambassador ☮ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yes Yes YES

Woodsman likes this.
  6. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    From the Report:
    "In the health sector, nicotine is used as a treatment for people trying to stop smoking and has few side effects. But its main role is as the addictive substance in tobacco and cigarettes, keeping people smoking for many decades, long enough for the gases and solids in smoke to eventually kill them."

Markw4mms likes this.
  7. Markw4mms

Markw4mms #Team Jimi Supporter VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Congrats and good luck, Woodsman!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Woodsman likes this.
  8. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, Mark!

9. outwest

outwest VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    congrats and hang in there, it gets easier :)

Woodsman likes this.
  10. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, Outwest!

11. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, Marcus!

12. OBDave

OBDave VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Good luck! I hung onto the last 3-4 a day until the wife came to me one day after a month or so into our second vaping experiment and declared "We're going to quit smoking tomorrow." That was that - never looked back...hope the transition goes as well for you...

Huckleberried, Markw4mms and Woodsman like this.
  13. Discobob

Discobob Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I will give you the advice I give everyone I have turned to vaping, when your dying for that smoke literally chain vape, HIT THE SHIT out of whatever your vaping, It worked for me and man will you feel better the further you get away from the death sticks. Keep it up man:)

14. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, Dave!

OBDave likes this.
  15. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like really good advice! Thanks, Bob!

OBDave likes this.
  16. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Chain Vaping does work, yes it does!!

Mykline, hogboy261 and Markw4mms like this.
  17. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Well, signing off and going to bed. First day without a Stinky for quite awhile. It wasn't so bad. Chain Vaping can be fun!

Markw4mms likes this.
  18. OBDave

OBDave VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Congrats! Tomorrow you have a chance to double your time as a quitter...

Woodsman, Huckleberried and Markw4mms like this.
  19. pjerzy

pjerzy Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    A few of my friends smoke. The hardest thing for me is to not accept one when they offer. They offered a lot, not so much anymore since I've been turning them down. I still want one. Been about a week or week and a half and it gets easier. Stay strong and congrats on taking this big step. You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. outwest

outwest VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Congrats on making it through the first day! That's the hardest one. It only gets easier from here :)

Woodsman, Mykline and hogboy261 like this.
  21. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Congrats!

And next comes phase 2 when you realize your car REEKS!

Walker, Woodsman, outwest and 2 others like this.
  22. DickyT

DickyT ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮ VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    This ^ yes! It took me a month to get the smell out of the car, but all is good now.

Congrats woodsman on putting down the stinkies. Vape on brother!

Woodsman likes this.
  23. philup23

philup23 Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I am done with the "stinky's" for a week now. The amount of vapor produce compare to smoke made a cigarette feel down right wrong. The taste was hornendous and the smell as well when I smoked one last week. I really like that picture!

Woodsman likes this.
  24. philup23

philup23 Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hahahaha! I thought my car would reek, but my bubble gum air freshener can has been the only smell inside my car. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Woodsman likes this.
  25. Markw4mms

Markw4mms #Team Jimi Supporter VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Congrats Woodsman! The first three days are the hardest. Hang tough, brother, you can do this! Vape on my friend!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Woodsman likes this.
  26. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    And on more positive notes than you possibly reeking car, you will start to breath better before long and you will be able to taste your food again.

Which can go either way depending on the skills of whoever does the cooking at your house.

DickyT, Woodsman and outwest like this.
  27. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Such an outpouring of heartfelt support!! I think *sniff* I'm gonna cry...
    "Man Up, Boy!!"
    Alright, then, I won't cry...but thanks all the same!!
    I made my pledge, and I have the vape that works for me...so I feel quite confident.
    I'd figured Pledge Day would arrive, but first I wanted to find my vape, which I did after spending my life savings plus all I could borrow from "Scarface Malone and his Boys" (at 700% interest, compounded daily...hey, isn't that him and his boys at the door now?) BRB.........

OBDave, UncleRJ and DickyT like this.
  28. DickyT

DickyT ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮ VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Did the lil gator eat the last stinky? :p

29. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Nope. I ate the last Stinky.

DickyT likes this.
  30. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, PJ.
    After only a day, I notice smells that I wasn't noticing...even though I was smoking "only +/- 5/day."
    This morning I smelled smoke, and saw that a woman in her car parked next to me had just lit up. Don't think I would have noticed that a few days ago.
    And, it sure is fun to show off my vape gear to smokers. A few are interested...actually, quite a few. But I'm not ready to mentor anyone yet.

31. UncleRJ

Blog Posts:
    If you are that uptight for money to get your vape on, you could always make money by selling sections of your beard to the rich yet beardless guys out there:D:D:p:D:D:eek:

Woodsman and DickyT like this.
  32. potholerepairman

potholerepairman

Blog Posts:
    Congrats Woodsman, one thing that really brought vaping to the heart to me was the black circles of my finger nails went away after 6 months.

Woodsman likes this.
  33. Nitrowolf72

Nitrowolf72 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hang in there woodsman. I'm in the same boat as you. Double dipper since august '14 and have decided enough is enough. I burnt my last stinkie on June 30th and not gonna look back. I know its not gonna be easy after 30 years of puffing them but I'm gonna give it hell trying. Best of luck to you.

Woodsman likes this.
  34. Swerved

Swerved Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    You got this my friend. It's easier than you think it is...

Woodsman likes this.
  35. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Like Discobob advised, when wanting a smoke, chain vape like mad!! Hopefully you have a vape setup that works for you. A video discussion noted that it's not outside the norm for the transition from smoking to vaping to be gradual. I was letting it be gradual while I found my vape. Okay, so I found my vape...now why delay any more?
    I'll say this...having a good vape means a lot!

36. othurme

othurme Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I am still going back and forth. Every weekend I can vape without the need of a cigarette, but the whole thing falls apart when I have to go back to work. Somewhere in my head, my brain still thinks that cigarettes are for relieving stress. I hope to figure it out soon. My work weeks starts back again tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can get through it without a cigarette.

37. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    It's easier than you think, especially if you have found the vape that feels just right.

38. othurme

othurme Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Yeah... it's way more mental than physical. There are no real excuses. I just have to figure out how to stop letting stress equate to needing a cigarette.

Woodsman likes this.
  39. Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Chain vaping relieves stress.

othurme likes this.