Become a Patron!

plotting my local vape business, tips?

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have plans in opening my own vape shop locally here. I'm in the homework phase as I'm new into business. I've been a factory worker for 10 years. Anywho I live in the country, last year I had a long unemployment streak which netted some bad credit so I'm leaving towards a private investor of which I don't know any. I've already began trying to gather wholesale prices on juices, devices, and accessories to those companies willing to give it to me and planning costs etc etc. Anyone willing to chime in pointers is more than welcome. I have a guy that is running a cape shop near me willing to make the transition As far as an employee. Small buildings are around $400 month here to rent plus utilities. Getting people off cigarettes and making a living doing something I enjoy is very appealing.

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live in the country. a lot of ppl near here seem intimidated by vaping or have tried the smaller vape products or lame convenience store ecigs and labeled vaping as not working

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything as far as the business end on homework pricing, products, and such is done. Just gotta contact locals and see about a business licence...and the big one my credit is doomed from a economic catastrophe last year. So ill have to locate an investor that's the biggest hump in the road . I have a strong urge it will be a great success. Thanks for the encouragement and advice

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run a meat shop and i can tell you that variety and good customer service is key. I tend to carry the more obscure items in case someone walks in looking. That 1 customer can be won just by carrying that one obscure item or lost forever.
ive been in vape shops that dont carry something like wire, they were cut from my list. Or if they cant tell me the vg pg ratio in their house juice, i wont buy.
its good to have something for everyone. Ive been to shops that only have clones on display. I like to buy authentic and dont mind paying for it.
all that stuff is important.
also running ads and cutting gross profit on an item while doing a tie in on a high gross profit is good for shrink margins. Gotta be the right balance of give and take so the customer feels like he walked away with a steal.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Double post

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do plan on carrying all authentic and a variance between entry level products and also a way for the customer to feel like their product is special to them. Customization in looks and the best juices. No cheap shit. I want people to have the full vaping experience with a large variety of devices as well

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotta tend to the cheapos too. Theyre the majority.

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There will be a line or two of budget juices and some cheaper devices but the nice things will not lack either. Great points :)

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Put together a complete business plan before you even start thinking about finding an investor. If you don't know how to do one then do lots of research or get help from an experienced businessperson who does. As far as your building, remember the three most important retail considerations - location. location, location.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The biggest thing that will kill a vape shop is over stocking! Be careful of buying to much of one item at first , until you get a handle on your clientele and their needs.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The biggest thing that will kill a vape shop is over stocking! Be careful of buying to much of one item at first , until you get a handle on your clientele and their needs.
As much as I'd hate to be out of stock on a hot item, with the pace at which new gear is coming out I'd probably also be scared to stock up on something that could be old tech before I've burned through half my stock...

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah its a double edge sword..and it's a really thin line between over stock and understock that you won't really know till you find your customer base

Be very well informed on what your local government has in the works regarding vaping. Here in Indiana it's become quite a battle, not only for small vape shops but also for individual vapers due to recently passed ridiculous laws and regulations.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ city fear mongering can get you shut down before you start.....sell a wide selection of juice,from cheap to some high end juices..and lots of sub-ohm tanks and cheap robomods..and coils.....appeal to beginners...no experinced vaper I know buys anything from a B&M. if they do go they go to sample juices. juice and coils....vaping has changed,we have a generation of vapers that will never learn to use a rebuildable....that would be the back bone if I opened a shop.....but on a personal note, I'd most likely have a section devoted to rebuildables to try and introduce that handfull of fanatics toward a higher level of vaping pleasure. be located close enough to the city center to be convenient but far enough away not to attract the attention of the "straight" bussinesses that might freak out about their air quality,and your wierd customers.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
As much as I'd hate to be out of stock on a hot item, with the pace at which new gear is coming out I'd probably also be scared to stock up on something that could be old tech before I've burned through half my stock...

This is something I have to deal with on an almost hourly basis now lol

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Georgia is safe. Just no sales to minors under 18. I checked. Anything different is always radical to closed minded people in general. Someone will find a health hazard and although not even on the same level as tobacco whatsoever it'll be publicized to the Max by media As a bad thing. But...it just isn't all that bad. I've gotten all the information on licensing ready to go. All down to building and investor. Gonna get a couple more cheap device price quotas and come up with a final business plan. I have an employee for start up In the works

VU Sponsors