Plug and players unite!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish I had the patience, time and - most importantly - the skills to work with RBAs. However, I consider it a personal minor miracle whenever I refill a tank with juice that somehow I haven't left any pyrex shards in the carpet, started a fire, etc.

So, for the foreseeable future, it's clearos/cartos and coils for me. Cost wise, I'm still saving money vs. regular cigs, so I'm fine with it.

Oh, I enjoy a cloud like everyone else, but it's not like I'm invading zee Germans and need to pop smoke to provide cover for an infantry division. :p

Am I really missing out on something, or is anyone with me?!:confused:

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm with you. Just graduated from evod vv's to a Vamo V5. If the jump from the Vamo to the RBA is as much better as the jump to the Vamo you might be able to convince me jump. But, in the mean time I'm ok with a VV/WW unit and looking for an iTaste 134 just because I like the looks of it.

I'm sure it's again a matter of preference too...I don't have to build the engine to like driving my car. The grease monkeys I know are always playing with their "toy" and wouldn't have it any other way.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bump. I know we have got to be more than a nation of 2! upload_2014-7-30_6-56-45.jpeg

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to use clearos, but they weren't enough to keep me off analogs. Now I have a mod, a Russian, and an RDA. And like my signature says, I've been off for exactly one month as of today.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in this club. My "best" gear is one spinner and 2 Protanks. All my other stuff is just 650 batts and Kanger tanks. I'm dreaming of a Vamo. A rainbowy one. (Thanks to Joe for putting it on my radar)

SOMEday maybe I'll go nutty and get a drippy thingy like the grownups. I could see it being handy when meeting up with other vapers so I could try a buncha juices all at once. But that's about it I think..?

Yeah, I'm good.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in this club. My "best" gear is one spinner and 2 Protanks. All my other stuff is just 650 batts and Kanger tanks. I'm dreaming of a Vamo. A rainbowy one. (Thanks to Joe for putting it on my radar)

SOMEday maybe I'll go nutty and get a drippy thingy like the grownups. I could see it being handy when meeting up with other vapers so I could try a buncha juices all at once. But that's about it I think..?

Yeah, I'm good.
Have you never vaped out of an RDA? It's like night and day compared to a clearo.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you never vaped out of an RDA? It's like night and day compared to a clearo.

How about you start by letting me know what RDA means, then I can tell you if I have or not. :p

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Youre right RDA's do produce a totally different vape, however, if this is what works for folks, I say awesome sauce!!! The bottom line is whatever keeps you off cigarettes is the best set up you can have ;) When/if you all decide to start rebuilding, you will have lots of support. Even if you never decide to rebuild, I would hope that you still have lots of support :D

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

OH! Derp, yes I have. :) It was great whilst hanging out with a group of vapers and trying out juices without having to empty a tank, clean the tank, fill the tank. And blowing neat clouds. So of course I want one for those occasions. Other than that, I really can't see me *neeeeeeeeeding* one for every day life.

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Youre right RDA's do produce a totally different vape, however, if this is what works for folks, I say awesome sauce!!! The bottom line is whatever keeps you off cigarettes is the best set up you can have ;) When/if you all decide to start rebuilding, you will have lots of support. Even if you never decide to rebuild, I would hope that you still have lots of support :D

Help and support is in big supply here, best help i've ever had in the vaping world. Kudos to all of you.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
doesn't take a whole lot to satisfy me, so i don't need the latest and greatest of everything. (ok so i can't afford it :p)
but since i have found dual coil clearos i am really ok right now. they deliver lots of vapor and flavor, more than enough for me, so it's all good. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While I mostly use RBAs, when I am in public and I am looking for a smaller profile, I still use and enjoy my Kanger ProTanks and T-2s.

Not a darn thing wrong with them.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like rebuildables for the longevity of them. With clearomizers you always need to keep extras for when they go bad. I don't chase clouds but the Vapors and flaver are better. With rebuildables changing the wick and cleaning the coil is very easy. A well built coil with 28 gauge wire will last a very long time. I mean months or maybe forever. So clearos are just fine I just like how long rebuildables last. Usually my coils are 1.5 to 2.0 ohm. No sub ohm builds. You can build how you like.

Last edited:

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've seen one video where someone did a rebuild in about 10 min. Of course, that's a very short period of time, but it still looked like too much work - and skills - for me ...
With rebuildables changing the wick and leaning the coil is very easy.

The following is about the easiest and fastest rebuild tutorial I've found so far ...

Unfortunately, to me at least, it still doesn't look so easy. :(

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does take some practice and some are easier to build on than others but like I said once you get a good coil that suits your needs there is no need to rebuild it. Just change the wick from time to time and dry burn the coil. It's like having a new atomizer. But I get it. I just started a few months ago rebuilding because I just didn't see the point of it. But at the same time I got tired of clearomizers leaking, short life span, duds and waiting for then to be in stock to order more. You should buy a cheap dripper ,some wire and cotton and give it a try. You just might surprise yourself .

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I was nervious about rebuilding RBAs myself.

The first time took forever and several tries before I got it right. Now if I don't mess around, I can take apart my KFL, rinse out all of the parts, wrap the coil, install the wick within about 20 minutes. The coil will last a couple of weeks easy if I make it a point to dryburn the gunk off about every three tanks depending on what I am vaping.

If I can do it, so can you!

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, I'm good.
Get a Vamo when you can. I still use my Evod VVs when I'm at work or just out on the town for whatever reason, a bit more convenient. But, when I'm home it's the Vamo all the time. I'll bank on you loving the Vamo. That's why I said if the difference tween a stick and a Vamo is relative jump up like going to an RDA I may give it a whirl someday. For now I just can't see myself and don't have the time for rebuildables. Everyone who's been vaping a long time tells me it's the way to go...still trying to talk myself into giving it a try.

VU Sponsors