Become a Patron!

Plume Veil, Veritas, Tobh, or Quasar?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So many variables with "flavor" on top of ones personal preference I think its impossible to formulate a perfect recipe of juice, delivery method, mod, ect... There are delivery devices that by majority consensus are better than others which should give you a general idea, but in no way set in stone.

For me personally, I find that some juices do well under extreme heat, others don't. Some juices taste better in tanks, others in RDA's, and dual coil vs single coil, well, very subjective but I always found single coil builds to taste better than duals.

Too much airflow can mute flavor, too little can over-intensify the throat hit. What is just right? Take lots of trial and error, but that's the best part of vaping. You could never get such a customizable experience with cigarettes ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought a Plume veil today. Incredible.
Where did you get it? And how much, if I may ask?

Wish I hadn't cheaped out and made sure mine was the Acerig one. Might just cough up the cash at the local B&M and just use the top cap from my FT one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine at a local B&M. Clone paid $20 for it. Could have gone the china route but I wanted instant gratification. Haha

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine at a local B&M. Clone paid $20 for it. Could have gone the china route but I wanted instant gratification. Haha
Damn, my local wants $38 for it. I was thinking if trying to hock a killer ejuice recipe I just made in trade for one. They have their own line for which they make their own recipes. Good idea?! Probably not...

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's always Fasttech. 10 bucks, don't know anything about them. Haven't heard anyone saying anything good or bad.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the initial route I went... arrived on Monday with no holes drilled in the negative posts. Got a ticket in over 24 hours ago, but alas, no reply.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn. That's shitty. Sorry to hear that was planning on getting another from Fasttech. Have one in hand and wasn't worried about waiting. Won't take the chance now.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's the initial route I went... arrived on Monday with no holes drilled in the negative posts. Got a ticket in over 24 hours ago, but alas, no reply.

Thats very rare , every RDA clone i have bought from them has been outstanding. Of course you need to read the discussions and reviews and see which one is the best one to buy. They are not all created equal by any means , i think FT offers the Veil in 18 different versions .

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I ordered the copper one with the stainless DT. Read 5 pretty much raving reviews. I think I just got a bunk one. I've ordered a Trident, a Magma, and a Stillare from them and all were perfect other than thin o-rings.

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a plume veil and love it. You may also take a look at the Mephisto. Both of mine came from Focalecig (US Warehouse) and I think both are great.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I ordered the copper one with the stainless DT. Read 5 pretty much raving reviews. I think I just got a bunk one. I've ordered a Trident, a Magma, and a Stillare from them and all were perfect other than thin o-rings.

Well thats really weird then if it got five excellent reviews , what a major bummer since letting one slip by that has no holes drilled for the negatives should of been caught but apparently they do not check for quality control. There are bad units that slip through with most every product but it is a major hassle , no doubt about it.

I have a plume veil and love it. You may also take a look at the Mephisto. Both of mine came from Focalecig (US Warehouse) and I think both are great.

Never bought from there but i think Angelcigs is like a Fasttech site that ships from a warehouse in the US. Some have brought up a lack of quality though so it's just another gamble.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been tempted to order from AngelCigs, but I've seen mixed reviews with regard to quality of product AND customer service. Read something about a change in shipping prices as well, but couldn't find any info on how much it actually costs. No go for me so far.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What we need is a walk in mini warehouse in every neighborhood thats chocked full of every RDA and ecig device on the planet with the ability to take it out of the box and examine the item first hand to check out quality.

Oh, of course at ridiculously low prices lol.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be perfect wouldn't it? I may consider buying my stuff from my local B&M from now on. Other than the Plume, I'll have everything I want besides a 50+ watt box mod... for now...

Bassman333

Member For 4 Years
I stay with my patriot and TOBH for the ease of building on them.
The TOBH does have an airy draw though.
I do have a 5 post rda that hits like a beast but every time I have to do a build on it I want to throw it across the room.
Would that RDA happen to be an iGo W3?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That would be perfect wouldn't it? I may consider buying my stuff from my local B&M from now on. Other than the Plume, I'll have everything I want besides a 50+ watt box mod... for now...

I have found B&M's to not only have a much more limited selection but the prices are usually considerably higher , that doesn't work for me unless i'm facing an emergency.

Now if everything you bought online turned out to be a mess it would be much more understandable but when you can buy very very good clones that function perfectly for peanuts you do it imo.

Especially when you can return it many months later if you decide to do so , you said your very pleased with the others you bought , getting a clunker happens sometimes , as long as it's not most times.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's true about the limited selection and higher prices. Before I started making juice I would buy it from local shops, but I just plain can't afford it. The cheapest place around here sells 30mls for $16.99 which isn't bad, but the juice is harsh and I don't like it.

Maybe buying online form US vendors is the answer. Only problem is that when there's a deal you have to get right on top of it or it sells out. At least from what I've seen.

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you get it? And how much, if I may ask?

Wish I hadn't cheaped out and made sure mine was the Acerig one. Might just cough up the cash at the local B&M and just use the top cap from my FT one.

I got mine from 101vape and only cost like 2 dollars more than you paid from fasttech

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might just go that route if these clowns don't send me a replacement base soon. Thanks for the tip

VapeHogSD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just getting into rba's- I researched A LOT on youtube and other blogs, etc. I finally went with the Plume Veil. LOVE IT! I'm a quadriplegic with partial use of one hand so it takes me longer to build than most people and to keep it safe. My favorite so far is using 22 gauge single coil at .92 ohms. I've tried organic cotton balls a Japanese organic cotton - my taste buds must be unrefined because I can't tell the difference, lol. The Japanese sheets are easier to use, though. Love the flavor and vapor production but a lot of it is just having fun and the challenge of building the coils!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just started with RBA's a month ago, too. Cheers! As far as the taste bud thing, have you been vaping long? I've been vaping now for a year and a half and I'm really noticing my palate is really coming back to me in the past month or so. Which is great, since I'm a chef and all. Keep it up, VapeHogSD! I have a TOBH atty on the way too. I'll let you know how I like it.

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been tempted to order from AngelCigs, but I've seen mixed reviews with regard to quality of product AND customer service. Read something about a change in shipping prices as well, but couldn't find any info on how much it actually costs. No go for me so far.

Hi,

Thank you for your attention on Angelcigs.

We have black plume veil in stock now and it needs 13.95 USD including shipping fee.

Angel

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick update: after a RIDICULOUS number of emails, a 4 day Chinese holiday, AND another wait to get it in stock, my copper Plume arrived two weeks ago. Yeah, 6 weeks after I received the initial screwed up one.

That being said, I love the flavor and clouds from this thing. Buuuuut, it's messy as hell, I'm annoyed that I can find a drip tip for it that doesn't constantly pool condensation, and that Delrin wobbling pisses me off too. Pros and cons I guess.

Now, to hijack my own thread.
I have a stainless Quasar (freaking awesome) and I'm debating between a black one or a black Vulcan. Anyone that can comment?? I'm leaning towards the Vulcan...

VapeHogSD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quick update: after a RIDICULOUS number of emails, a 4 day Chinese holiday, AND another wait to get it in stock, my copper Plume arrived two weeks ago. Yeah, 6 weeks after I received the initial screwed up one.

That being said, I love the flavor and clouds from this thing. Buuuuut, it's messy as hell, I'm annoyed that I can find a drip tip for it that doesn't constantly pool condensation, and that Delrin wobbling pisses me off too. Pros and cons I guess.

Now, to hijack my own thread.
I have a stainless Quasar (freaking awesome) and I'm debating between a black one or a black Vulcan. Anyone that can comment?? I'm leaning towards the Vulcan...

IMO I would definitely go with the Vulcan if for no other reason than ease of use. The holes in the Vulcan are twice as big if you want to use twisted wire or quad coils or whatever. Plus you don't need a screwdriver or hex wrench. (On the down side, you won't be able to add to your little blue screwdriver collection.) ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All those things were right in line with what I was thinking. Any comments as to flavor as opposed to the Quasar?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My new opinion after getting the Lancia today is it owns them all .. Its like a Magma but with huge holes that you can play abc blocks with to adjust the airflow best flavor I have yet encountered without having to baby sit a RDA

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My new opinion after getting the Lancia today is it owns them all .. Its like a Magma but with huge holes that you can play abc blocks with to adjust the airflow best flavor I have yet encountered without having to baby sit a RDA

Wow, interesting . There is a thread about that one on here somewhere and i think many said it is more prone to leakage but i don't have one so ....

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
I own 2 Vulcan's (authentic) and 3 Quasars (clones)......I call them a complete draw. I get equal flavor and plumage from both RDA's. The authentic Vulcans are better machined without a doubt...but they are authentics vs. my Quasar clones so it's not a fair comparison.

It's important to ask though, are you buying clones or authentics? If clones it's a toss up. If you're buying authentic, go with the Vulcan. It's much less expensive and as I mentioned above, it performs at least equal to that of the Quasar.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, interesting . There is a thread about that one on here somewhere and i think many said it is more prone to leakage but i don't have one so ....
Well since I am busy as hell I will just be blunt no offense @VH fan as I am busy this may come out blunt... I am sure there is thread with people whining
If you look at either the Magma or the Lancia you will see the holes are right over the air holes on purpose the Magma has a deep well..
The Lancia has the little air hole adjusters that I think are cool as hell firstly they are raised so the only thing over them if X person builds it corretly is the coil nothing more so if its built right and only the coils is over the little adjusters that stand up about 3-4mm it will not leak the correct way to build the Lancia is to put the cotton or silica or whatever your poison on the side no material above the airholes and when you drip ya do not drip it like a madman all over the holes and it does not leak.. I am a slob so when I first got it I freaking pumped liquid like a nut now I just shoot it on the sides where the cotton is... No leakage ... I like to try things myself before listening to muttering and whining because some do not know what the fuck they are doing..

My opinion stands :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own 2 Vulcan's (authentic) and 3 Quasars (clones)......I call them a complete draw. I get equal flavor and plumage from both RDA's. The authentic Vulcans are better machined without a doubt...but they are authentics vs. my Quasar clones so it's not a fair comparison.

It's important to ask though, are you buying clones or authentics? If clones it's a toss up. If you're buying authentic, go with the Vulcan. It's much less expensive and as I mentioned above, it performs at least equal to that of the Quasar.

Yeah I'm going clone. Vulcan seems to be the better choice for me considering I already have a Quasar clone. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't taking a step down in flavor. I'm actually really excited to build on it!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'm going clone. Vulcan seems to be the better choice for me considering I already have a Quasar clone. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't taking a step down in flavor. I'm actually really excited to build on it!

The Vulcan is very well built I like it I usually build it low ohm I like that the airholes if set up properly suck straight across the coils

Godspeed

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well since I am busy as hell I will just be blunt no offense @VH fan as I am busy this may come out blunt... I am sure there is thread with people whining
If you look at either the Magma or the Lancia you will see the holes are right over the air holes on purpose the Magma has a deep well..
The Lancia has the little air hole adjusters that I think are cool as hell firstly they are raised so the only thing over them if X person builds it corretly is the coil nothing more so if its built right and only the coils is over the little adjusters that stand up about 3-4mm it will not leak the correct way to build the Lancia is to put the cotton or silica or whatever your poison on the side no material above the airholes and when you drip ya do not drip it like a madman all over the holes and it does not leak.. I am a slob so when I first got it I freaking pumped liquid like a nut now I just shoot it on the sides where the cotton is... No leakage ... I like to try things myself before listening to muttering and whining because some do not know what the fuck they are doing..

My opinion stands :)

You know i like blunt , of course no offense taken , now, if you had addressed me with "hey, shit for brains " it may have thrown me off temporarily but everything's a OK on this end.

Funny you should mention slob, i'm kind of slob like myself actually (pretty sure thats normal for most guys though so no issues there), very valid point about people not having a clue , best to have some sort of clue about the proper usage of a device before doing a review on it saying it sucks .

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In your list I've owned both a Plume Veil and a Tobh and the Plume Veil is vastly superior

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally agree. Maybe when the TOBH Atty came out, it was great, but after drippers like the Magma, Quasar, PV, and even Stillare, it just doesn't hold a candle

VU Sponsors