Become a Patron!

Possible to get great clouds with a sigelei mini and RBA/subtank?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. I recently got my first mod, a sigelei 30 watt, with a nautilus. I wish I got the subtank instead though, so am buying one and an RDA on Saturday when I get payed.

I already have 26 gauge kanthal and 10 sheets organic cotton.

I just wondered, will I be able to get decent clouds out of this set up? Or will I need a more powerful box? I really don't want to have to get one unless I have to, and the clouds I get with the nautilus are pretty good, I can fog my whole room up quite quickly if I want too.

Any advice much appreciated.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes the subtank will create more clouds for you..Probably by a substantial amount.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you Mike H. Happy times, as I guess more vapour also+more flavour.
To an extent, yes but not always...The subtank is considered a good flavor tank but so is the nautilus....On the subtank you will need to turn up the watts to get the flavor you are now but it will produce more clouds as well.

On my subtank nano ive found using a smaller bore drip tip to improve its flavor yet not really lose any vapor because the drip tip is still the same diameter as the chimney is on the tank and doesnt restrict air flow.

Im using a standard Kanger protank 2 drip tip..The inside diameter is the same as the chimney (larger by maybe 1 mm or so) all the way through..Im getting improved flavor with no loss in vapor.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In other words the smaller the drip tip bore the better the flavor within a limit to which you then start to lose clouds.

My best flavor drip tip is from a kayfun... it has a standard inside diameter bore but the hole on the top where the tip goes into your mouth is very small and it restricts air flow.

Finding YOUR happy medium will give you your best results in both flavor and clouds.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the el cabron clone yesterday, with all the accesories the genuine one comes with. My good god. I run it at 25 watts, and the amount of vapour is insane. I tried 30 this morning and couldn't really see a difference, although there might of been a bit more flavour, I'm not sure though need to use it a bit more. I am using the delrin competition drip tip at the moment to have some fun with it, and building different types of coils.

I have a 1 OHM sleeper coil in there at the moment, and it is the only one I haven't used for an hour then changed, it seems to produce vapour like a dragon. Also I will get slightly longer battery life at 1 ohm vs 0.5 wont I?

Hey, Currently im using the Istick 50watt paired with the atlantis v2 and its a cloud chaser no doubt! my smaller setup is an istick 30 watt and a subtank mini! so I've had some experience with a similar setup as your thinking of! It will give you good clouds and pretty good flavor even at lower wattage's too! Things to note is the subtank coils wont really allow you to go over 30 watts anyway! I found the sweet spot is between 23 and 26 watts with the .5 ohm OCC coil! so in short the subtank will be a good investment and is a big change from the nautilus! will allow you to get the use out of your 30 watts also!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I am honest, I have not used the nautilus since I got this. I don't know what RTA to get though, a Lemo or something or a subtank.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Horizon Artic sub tank. Looks nice. I Add it to the farm & Damn! It blows Fog Banks, well I do. Never seen a tank do that. I paid 24.00 The coils are rebuild able. I have good lungs now I don't smoke. I have 80 attys or so.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Horizon Artic sub tank. Looks nice. I Add it to the farm & Damn! It blows Fog Banks, well I do. Never seen a tank do that. I paid 24.00 The coils are rebuild able. I have good lungs now I don't smoke. I have 80 attys or so.
I really want to get a rebuildable though, apparently a new version of the subtank is coming out a local shop told me, so maybe I will wait for that?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you can fog up a room with a nautilus, you'll be able to fog up the whole house with a subtank!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never been afraid to take on a coil. Been rebuilding those coils for months. I often wonder what a 60 year old man sees in making clouds. Coils are somewhat of an art. Keeps me calm, makes me happy.

I have the Subtank Mini and the RBA section has been a pleasure to use with good vapor production. At 20 watts, the vapor is just enough for me to practice tricks with even though it doesn't compare to RDAs at higher wattages. It's currently my ADV on my Eleaf iStick 30W, although I would have bought the Youde Zephyrus instead if I had known about it earlier. The Zephyrus is a sub-ohm tank that you can build dual coils on and it seems to have superior wicking + airflow compared to the Subtank Mini.

The Kayfun-style wicking of RTAs will impede you as you reach higher wattages (80+), so I don't use RTAs for cloud chasing. I only associate RDAs with cloud chasing, and you should stick with your El Cabron if you're serious about producing as much vapor as possible. As for power, I thought the vapor production of a 0.2 ohm dragon coil in a Mutation X v1 + mech mod (80~ watts) was insane the first time I tried it. I was impressed because I was only used to 20 watts on my Kayfun at the time. However, my clouds on my Mutation X were miniscule compared to those of experienced cloud chasers with crazy powerful builds.

If you're happy with the clouds you can produce on your Sigelei 30W, then you're all set. All you'd have to do is optimize your coil so that it's in the best configuration possible for 30W. If you ever feel as if you need more power, then you can choose between the following: a higher wattage VV/VW device, mech mod, or box mod. You have to do a lot of research and be very diligent and cautious if you go the mech or unregulated box mod route in order to be safe while sub-ohming.

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get prety good clouds on my Subtank with rba deck, flavor is where this tanks shines though. Clouds are good but you wont be breaking any records. My Mutation X V4 at .3ohm dual coils at 30w on my sigelei mini is a cloud beast for only 30w. Now i am new to clouds so i only have my 30w mods for my subtanks but i can say clouds at 80w on a Sigelei 150w mod makes some stupid huge clouds and hot vape using my Mutation, If you want huge clouds dripperd are a must.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These tanks can kick some big ass! A long slow vape at the wattage of your choice & bingo. Kanger Aero Tank is expensive. 25.00, however it can produce clouds that will make you impressed. :cool: The flavor is beyond good. They like juice. I make my own. Mine is happy @ 30 watts.

VU Sponsors