Become a Patron!

Post pictures of your setups!

BNG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just finished a new build on my Kayfun V3 Clone, 16 wraps 316 SS 3mm ID, 1.2 Ohms, vaping it at 10-12 volts (it means 84-120 watts XD) hot vape but good for my liking... Ohh, and btw the mod is the SMOK BEC Pro
Sight_2017_06_07_230752_389.jpg

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
60d9c8af46386712eeb988e9515fa4f3.jpg

I BAM

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
9bc57c2e0dccd70124c44ecec17c72ab.jpg

5a4f15362e09e5b1c09d4192b0d73f21.jpg

Funny how I used to hate the rda, and now they're my go-to devices, unless I had to go out for a while, then it's old faithful sub-ohm tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careful with your viscous ant mod. A friend of mine dropped his off the table and it shattered. I mean really shattered. It will not take any abuse at all.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Brand new 1590N1 (Green) iPWM 4S LiPo mod I made myself.. love it. The red one is a Silent PWM 4S LiPo mod I made a while back, hence the battle scars. I love these two mods to death, with a 41mm Voltrove on top, there is nothing better for me.

Attachments

• 1590N1 7.jpg
    1590N1 7.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1590N1 5.jpg
    1590N1 5.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 49

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After buying my 1st rta "griffin 25" a couple of weeks ago, and loving it, went snd got myself a ijoy combo few days ago, Now wondering why I didn't get into rebuild able ages ago. Even though the ijoy has loads of ways to vape, I still think my griffin is the best I've ever hsd
8e3e7bea32d27f0b2129bc4175be6a57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you Vapers think would be a good 'average' wattage for my ijoy combo reading at 0.197 ohms with two clapton in it please. Still pretty new with rdta's. Thank you

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Funny how I used to hate the rda, and now they're my go-to devices, unless I had to go out for a while, then it's old faithful sub-ohm tank.

Love the cartel revenant, haven't got one, one day maybe.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What do you Vapers think would be a good 'average' wattage for my ijoy combo reading at 0.197 ohms with two clapton in it please. Still pretty new with rdta's. Thank you

Around .18 to .20 I usually set my wattage around 80 watts. You can start lower and keep going higher until you find the wattage you like.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks a lot my friend.

No problem. Congrats on getting into rebuilding! It can be a lot of fun and very rewarding. I got into rebuilding not long ago and I'm glad I did. I still use regular tanks with factory coils (for when I don't feel like rebuilding or don't have the time) but I love rebuilding, too.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem. Congrats on getting into rebuilding! It can be a lot of fun and very rewarding. I got into rebuilding not long ago and I'm glad I did. I still use regular tanks with factory coils (for when I don't feel like rebuilding or don't have the time) but I love rebuilding, too.
I still have a couple big baby beast's, a beast and 2 uwell crown v2's. But like you said they don't best my griffin or combo.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I still have a couple big baby beast's, a beast and 2 uwell crown v2's. But like you said they don't best my griffin or combo.

Did you get an RBA with your Big Baby Beasts or Cloud Beast? From my experience the RBA deck can yield some amazing flavor and clouds! I have that setup on my Alien and it's a perfect setup for clouds and flavor.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you get an RBA with your Big Baby Beasts or Cloud Beast? From my experience the RBA deck can yield some amazing flavor and clouds! I have that setup on my Alien and it's a perfect setup for clouds and flavor.
Yh, but I never bothered with the rba's in them, still got them all boxed, so I think I'll be giving them a go now after your 'review' I forgot all about them, till you just mentioned them. The taste is so much better in rebuilds, I never thought it'd be that good. I was spending a bomb on pre-made sub-ohm coild too, and a third of thru would be duds too.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yh, but I never bothered with the rba's in them, still got them all boxed, so I think I'll be giving them a go now after your 'review' I forgot all about them, till you just mentioned them. The taste is so much better in rebuilds, I never thought it'd be that good. I was spending a bomb on pre-made sub-ohm coild too, and a third of thru would be duds too.

I had the same issue with spending a ton of money on factory coils until I got into rebuilding. Wire and cotton are not so expensive (especially in comparison to factory coils) and coils can last a long time.

Definitely give the RBA a go, it comes with two coils preinstalled so you won't have to make your first coils for it and I really think you will be happy with the vape on it. If you do, please post what you think of it! I would be interested to hear your opinion on it.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the same issue with spending a ton of money on factory coils until I got into rebuilding. Wire and cotton are not so expensive (especially in comparison to factory coils) and coils can last a long time.

Definitely give the RBA a go, it comes with two coils preinstalled so you won't have to make your first coils for it and I really think you will be happy with the vape on it. If you do, please post what you think of it! I would be interested to hear your opinion on it.
Yh I'll definitely be trying the rba's in my beast tanks. And I just watched on YT last night about dry burn cleaning coils, had a go with the coils in griffin after 2 weeks and they brand new again. Great help on here off you fellow vapers. And appreciated.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yh, I'll let you know when I've wicked one up and had a go. Thanks mate.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one of those. I carry it in my wallet just in case. I tested it today and it works just fine hasn't leaked at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got these 2 ....
0b959b25d8bfade749d4c1e1d055662b.png

And this ....
1ce8f3446d55ed4920dc55796bfb8abf.jpg

The ohm came out a little too low so I'll be using it on my regulated, probably the SX Mini G Class
fc15554319d389cd0904c64a699f2557.jpg

Then the Kennedy may sit on top of the SCNDRL

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That is a beautiful Revenant! I'm waiting for mine and hope the colors are in the purple spectrum.

Tesla touch 150w w/ ijoy tornado, wismec 2/3 w/ geekvape griffin, innokin cool fire 4+ w/ sense blazer mini, hcigar vt167 w/ digiflavor pharaoh rta

Attachments

• 20170614_215227.jpg
    20170614_215227.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 48

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
KMX8j_s-200x150.gif

Hex ohms make me proud, every single one was built here locally. Nice setups btw, vapes haven't got much better than that, unless you're a collector, hobbyist, or enthusiast. Are those 24's or 25 Kennedy's?
Thank You! 25's 2post. Yes! Texas rocks with the HexOhm!! Kennedy's are made here in LA

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Your build is at 18 amps and 69 watts so I would say between 50 to 65 watts. I personally would run it at around 60 in a regulated device. Ramp up would be slow, but i don't like my vapes that hot. So, when it comes to watts, its really based on preference. As long as your batts are at least 20A on this build, no problem! Adjust watts to taste.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your build is at 18 amps and 69 watts so I would say between 50 to 65 watts. I personally would run it at around 60 in a regulated device. Ramp up would be slow, but i don't like my vapes that hot. So, when it comes to watts, its really based on preference. As long as your batts are at least 20A on this build, no problem! Adjust watts to taste.
Yeah, I actually went down to 63w and just keep it there. That seems to be the best spot 4 me. I went through every increment in wattage from 55w-80w. And found 63w is just right for me. Not hot. Nice flavour and enough cloud 4 me. Thanks mate.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I ask you another one, please. I've got dual twisted 'hives' I think, in my griffin 25, they read 0.21 ohms, 15.5 amps on my rx200s, but I normally use it on my nebula'vaporesso'. I've been finding it OK at 55w. That sound right to you??

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Samsung 2500 mah greens. 3.7v with the alien mod and I joy on it at 63w.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank You! 25's 2post. Yes! Texas rocks with the HexOhm!! Kennedy's are made here in LA

Sweet, I have a 24 3 post I still use, slightly tighter draw than my 25. My 25's draw is open and more suitable for my series builds, is copper so I don't use it much, hassle of cleaning/patina but I do every now and again, should have bought the brass one. Absolute superb machining, top notch quality from Kennedy.

lol yeah man, Texas, land of the Hex ohms and Goons, Cali is the land of fantastic juices and atomizers, way too many to list and everyone elsewhere also, we gave up the cigs; we all rock.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
IMG_0342.JPG 2.jpeg IMG_0332.JPG.jpeg
iJOY RDTA Box. Voltage and resistance have changed from this picture after switching to my dual Clapton setup. Loving it! :xD:
View attachment 84503
View attachment 84504
Yup! claptons are the best and fused claptons are even better for taste. Aliens also since they're just a fancier fused clapton really. Just build these fused claptons and installed the this morning. They are yummy!! Just, please, stay away from Lighting Vape wire. I build some claptons using the wire and they had a weird taste and turned brown in one day. Stick to good kenthel brands. I personally use the cloud master brand.

Last edited:

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can I ask you another one, please. I've got dual twisted 'hives' I think, in my griffin 25, they read 0.21 ohms, 15.5 amps on my rx200s, but I normally use it on my nebula'vaporesso'. I've been finding it OK at 55w. That sound right to you??

Yes! that sounds right. Thats a 17 amp build with a 65 watt current. So 55 is about right. If you run it any lower, your ramp up time will probably be too long.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
On a regulated mod with pre-heat temp control, yes! But, in general, with no temp control, ramp up time will be long. I use a kennedy roundhouse and a hexhom. I can adjust the voltage on my hexohm but not my mech. I was assuming his regulated devise didn't have pre-heat function. May be it does, I don't know. Either way, just about anything is safe on a regulated devise! On a .21 around 65, is what's recommended by ohms law.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors