Become a Patron!

Post your builds

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well i tried to build a ssfc last night for the shuriken but lacked the patience and gave up when my ribbons flipped about six inches into a foot long strip. i pulled the spaced claptons off this morning and fused them together. its so much easier to do this without anything in the middle lol.
Capture.PNG
i really like building on the shuriken, but holy shit the o-rings they use just plain suck. once there is some juice on things, the top cap will fall off if i hold it upside down. its like there are no o-rings at all. i tried a few of my random spares and they are either the same size, or they are too fat for the cap to fit over at all. i tried doubling up because that has worked for me on other attys, but not here (yet. there is still a chance one of these little bags will have the magic size that fits).

my buddy at the vape shop bought a hastur rda and its the same story. he actually hates it and said i could have it if i wanted it. hopefully i can find some o-rings somewhere that actually hold them together. i really want to like this thing but its almost useless in this state. how is yours @raymo2u ?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
well i tried to build a ssfc last night for the shuriken but lacked the patience and gave up when my ribbons flipped about six inches into a foot long strip. i pulled the spaced claptons off this morning and fused them together. its so much easier to do this without anything in the middle lol.
View attachment 56298
i really like building on the shuriken, but holy shit the o-rings they use just plain suck. once there is some juice on things, the top cap will fall off if i hold it upside down. its like there are no o-rings at all. i tried a few of my random spares and they are either the same size, or they are too fat for the cap to fit over at all. i tried doubling up because that has worked for me on other attys, but not here (yet. there is still a chance one of these little bags will have the magic size that fits).

my buddy at the vape shop bought a hastur rda and its the same story. he actually hates it and said i could have it if i wanted it. hopefully i can find some o-rings somewhere that actually hold them together. i really want to like this thing but its almost useless in this state. how is yours @raymo2u ?
My Shuriken Orings were too tight actually and I broke the pair the third or forth time pulling the top off....a pair from a RTA worked though and I havent had a issue since. I think it was Orings from the Griffin25 or the Tornado Nano..Thats too bad that they are that loose but try swapping them out for some that are tighter..even one that makes it tighter may be sufficient enough for use...

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thats strange that yours was too tight and mine was too loose. i bought three 100 packs of different sized o-rings and those dont work, but i have a ton of those little spare parts bags so hopefully there will be a couple that work somewhere. it seems like a great rda. was a pleasure to build on, and i like the drip tip. it seems to vape pretty good even this loose, but i put it aside for now because its just buggin the hell out of me lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you like it? IJoy sent me a sample one to try when I ordered the Limitless Plus tanks.
Its a pretty amazing RTA...its the Boreas's Sidekick right now. The coilheads and accessories make the RTA "Cool" but the RTA Section makes it a very useable daily driver. I think you will like it! The only Issues I have with this tank are it doesnt have alot of places for grip when unscrewing, so dont screw things down too tight but everything else is 10 stars, including flavor....which the full size version was maybe a 3 stars on...

I have the Concave Chuff Cap on and the Black to Frosted Heat changing Glass in it and one with Clear Glass and a Chuff cap with a LED Coilhead in it for the woman, paired with the XcubeII with the same LEDs it pretty awesome!

20160616_161634.jpg 20160616_165238.jpg 20160616_170249.jpg

Glass Cold to Warm:
20160621_005013.jpg 20160621_005007.jpg 20160621_004857.jpg

The LED Coilhead and the XcubeII Setup:

20160706_225456.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cool - thanks!
I forgot to ask when I saw your post on your IG about the Limitless Plus....how do you like it? I havent tried any of them yet but that red bandanna covered one has gotten my attention on more then once occasion.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Absolutely LOVE it! No leaks, great flavor, and a more than ample build deck. Closest thing to a self-wicking RDA I've tried yet. I have a pair of 3x26/36 5/6 wrap aliens in it right now with room to spare.

2016-07-13 00.22.10.jpg

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
color changing glass and led coil heads? thats kinda awesome sounding. guy at the vape shop tried to sell me on one last time, but he failed to mention those two details. i might go grab one now, even though i have grabbed an avocado 24, boreas and alleria in the last few weeks...the hunt for the perfect setup will never end.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
color changing glass and led coil heads? thats kinda awesome sounding. guy at the vape shop tried to sell me on one last time, but he failed to mention those two details. i might go grab one now, even though i have grabbed an avocado 24, boreas and alleria in the last few weeks...the hunt for the perfect setup will never end.
You won't regret it. I love my Tornado Nano. Easy to build and wicks like a dream. Flavour for days and clouds bro clouds. This tank is awesome.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They make a bunch of crazy accessories like glass that changes color in the sunlight, changes by heat and colors/etched glasses. The reason its called a "Chip Coil" is the coils are actually connected to a Printed PCB Board and this allows for options like LEDs and more....many cool options in the future coming soon, the PCB is layered in Ceramic so its safe from the heat and you get a decent flavor even using the included coilheads which use twisted wire, claptons and more. You could solder new coils on them to reuse them but you will need to get 99.9% Silver Solder and have a nice chisel tip and some soldering skills ;). There are many different Chuff caps and they all accept a 510 drip tip intoi them and have some sort of threading inside them...I wonder why they have that besides circulating airflow...
There should be more RBA section choices in the near future for it like its bigger brother....maybe a postless version coming. Its a great RTA, well built and the machining on it is flawless...which right now for the RTA's on the market is crazy because most of them are coming out are unfinished prototype designs just to get released to be out for August 8th..

This is basically the RTA that I designed for Augvape awhile ago with some different options and looks but if you go back about 3 months in the thread you will see about 99% of the listed specs are exactly what this RTA has, which seemed like it would be a hit with the amount of attention it received in the forum. Its a beast and they hit the ball out of the park with it.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They make a bunch of crazy accessories like glass that changes color in the sunlight, changes by heat and colors/etched glasses. The reason its called a "Chip Coil" is the coils are actually connected to a Printed PCB Board and this allows for options like LEDs and more....many cool options in the future coming soon, the PCB is layered in Ceramic so its safe from the heat and you get a decent flavor even using the included coilheads which use twisted wire, claptons and more. You could solder new coils on them to reuse them but you will need to get 99.9% Silver Solder and have a nice chisel tip and some soldering skills ;). There are many different Chuff caps and they all accept a 510 drip tip intoi them and have some sort of threading inside them...I wonder why they have that besides circulating airflow...
There should be more RBA section choices in the near future for it like its bigger brother....maybe a postless version coming. Its a great RTA, well built and the machining on it is flawless...which right now for the RTA's on the market is crazy because most of them are coming out are unfinished prototype designs just to get released to be out for August 8th..

This is basically the RTA that I designed for Augvape awhile ago with some different options and looks but if you go back about 3 months in the thread you will see about 99% of the listed specs are exactly what this RTA has, which seemed like it would be a hit with the amount of attention it received in the forum. Its a beast and they hit the ball out of the park with it.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This tank is amazing in every way. I think the only way it could have been even possibly better is if they had given it 3mm potholes instead of three traditional 2mm, but that would be beneficial for ANY rta. This thing is flawless.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same old stuff - coils :D

NKy4ipkl.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I lost my Macro lens the other day and until the one I ordered arrives Im stuck with low quality images...so bare with me people!

I just wanted to show how much of a difference that SpinLT makes with things like Aliens. Before I couldnt ever go above a 40g, 42g (on a good day). Last night I decided to try some 26g/44g Aliens and it went smoother then I could ever think it could...Im going to try some 48g Aliens next, remember Im not very good at aliens either so builders like CrazyChef will have a even larger advantage then I do.

Another Video Test of how Friction-less the Setup is: https://www.instagram.com/p/BHzopRyBPT6/?taken-by=raymo_2_u

This picture below shows how much twisting was in the wire after I was finished....its crazy because with swivels there would be a ton of twisting at both ends and some warping in the center, here there is only a half of a twist through the entire length...

20160712_132518.jpg

30g/40g Aliens (Could the wrap even get tighter then this?):

13658630_1929493903943987_1851518235_n.jpg

26g/44g Aliens:

20160712_172541.jpg 20160712_183724.jpg

Alien Staggerton, which Ive only seen a few people pull off..I really wish I had the Macro lens for this build..
SPECS: 8 x .4R/34N80/28N80/38N80

20160713_121420.jpg 20160713_134711.jpg 20160713_135730.jpg 20160713_135944.jpg 20160713_140109.jpg

Last edited:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 56378

30g/40g Aliens (Could the wrap even get tighter then this?):

13658630_1929493903943987_1851518235_n.jpg

Unfortunately the wrap always splays a bit on the outside because the outside dia of the cores is bigger than the inside dia. It shows up however tight you get the alien wrap which is annoying when you get them so perfect in the wire where it's all touchy touchy - then you coil it and outside you feel like you can drive a bus between the wraps ha ha :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Unfortunately the wrap always splays a bit on the outside because the outside dia of the cores is bigger than the inside dia. It shows up however tight you get the alien wrap which is annoying when you get them so perfect in the wire where it's all touchy touchy - then you coil it and outside you feel like you can drive a bus between the wraps ha ha :D
I was going to try a Groove Fused Version next...that should make it almost a sealed coil or atleast gapless from what you can see....I just hate the pics without a macro lens since they are a bit grainy and detailess

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ray great job on that alien stsggerton & those 30/40g baby aliens. Now try out some 32/40g haha.
Here's my alien of the week!
ec17ca3d8d9bc45d0bfeca94863298a8.jpg

Fraple core 28g frames, 10ply .3x.1 & 40g interlocking alienz
Much colorz. And ghosting lol
24f296c3f86dd0bf3c1530983d30a24d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I think Im actually going to attempt 30g/48g Aliens but I have done 32g/42g before in SS, they just werent very tightly spaced wraps..

20160606_125835.jpg 20160606_125732.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The ones on the right look nicely spaced. 32/42?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice! Mine should be here tomorrow.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice! Mine should be here tomorrow.
You should make the highest gauge alien you can on the swivels, then repeat it on the SpinLT and see the difference between them. I felt it was a vast improvement, let me know what your thoughts are on it after you try it!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
3x26/36, drill going full bore the whole way. Did 35mm for three 0.25Ω coils.

View attachment 56501
View attachment 56499
View attachment 56500
Anything special that you notice using it compared to swivels? Those Aliens look very well done! I just pulled off a 34g/50g Alien but wrapped it on a 2mm bit and only 3 wraps of it came out decent...will have to wait for my macro lens to take a pic because the camera quality is horrible right now...
Best shots I could get with my camera right now....

Initial Clapton:
20160714_160317.jpg

Alien Wire:
20160714_162138.jpg

Coil vs 28g/38g:

20160714_163454.jpg 20160714_163433.jpg 20160714_163440.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I might try a super high gauge alien (36/50?) at some point soon, but it's really just to see if I can do it. Maybe use it in a series build or something. But I really don't see any real world value to doing anything over 44 gauge binding. Kinda pointless, other than just to be able to say I did it and knowing that I can do it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not really, except it lacks the flexibility of the swivels. Literally. I can't move it around as I wrap the 3 cores in the loop.

Thank you!
Maybe its just the swivels I have bought then, I noticed theres no binding or jumpiness, less friction while spinning...but I do agree that attaching wire can be a pain because it likes to spin around, I screwed mine into a speaker that I use so I can pick it up and make it more mobile then bolting it to the bench-I can see how that could be a issue.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for suggestions for a build in my Lush that doesn't require 140w, like a cooler vape. I have kanthal, N80, Ni200, ss all 26g, 28/32 ka1 clapton and 3x28g twisted premade wires. I'm just starting to broaden my horizons and looking for suggestions.

I use temp control and power mode both so no worries about which wire.

Also I do have a drill and swivels and most of what I need but sadly no smaller gauge wire.

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A 3 core twisted, then hammered, coil will give you a great vape while increasing surface area.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe its just the swivels I have bought then, I noticed theres no binding or jumpiness, less friction while spinning...but I do agree that attaching wire can be a pain because it likes to spin around, I screwed mine into a speaker that I use so I can pick it up and make it more mobile then bolting it to the bench-I can see how that could be a issue.
Have you tried using a swivel on the lt? Like using the jump ring to secure the wire and attach the clasp to the ring on the spinlt... Or is that a step backwards?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was actually thinking of doing exactly that.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking for suggestions for a build in my Lush that doesn't require 140w, like a cooler vape
A 3 core twisted, then hammered, coil will give you a great vape while increasing surface area.
They don't take long to make, either. I just now made these to show them to you.

2016-07-14 20.51.10.jpg 2016-07-14 20.55.46.jpg 2016-07-14 20.53.27.jpg 2016-07-14 20.55.59.jpg 2016-07-14 20.53.18.jpg

Last edited:

Tom_Forde

Member For 4 Years
I don't need no Spin LT, but honestly its probably the only coiling tool made specifically for wire building that I would use. Like screw those Clapton jigs and what not, the thought of using an actual skate bearing has crossed my mind before but I just never actually applied the thought to make anything like that. It's not frictionless like description says tho.
Make sure you get some Bones Speed Cream for the bearings. And don't forget that it will need to be cleaned out maybe like once every other week or so depending on use.
This week's aliens! Wanted to get my 40g interlocking tighter. So I did. Over a 28g/10x .4 fraple. Installed on the 2 post K24.
50bfb9a8e27c1be89e91a899ac479cf7.jpg

The only edit to the color shot was a square crop. .
cbd1e9abb941063eb6b001f5ef7c05e6.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty basic build. I wanted the spacing to interlock where the bottom and top coils meet, but it was being a pain in the ass. Twisted 24g SS316L, 0.10 ohms, 2.4mm IDs. Vapes awesome at 55.5 watts in wattage mode, but temp mode didn't want to play nice again.

EEu8a0v.jpgl

uqaJIBy.jpgl

ax8baBE.jpgl

vNfiPkb.jpgl

LK497mi.jpgl

1fsiTGq.jpgl

VU Sponsors