Become a Patron!

Post your builds

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't know raymo2u though up the paper clip!
I thought I invented that. To preven triangles just stretch your decore a bit more till it doesn't need tension. I put a paper clip next to the swivel.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
...well I feel sheepish now. Sorry whiteowl.

*cough*

Well since I forgot whiteowls recommendation on using a paperclip, it didn't work out too well. Will remember that next attempt.

*also fixed other 'shoutout'*

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't know raymo2u though up the paper clip!
I thought I invented that. To preven triangles just stretch your decore a bit more till it doesn't need tension. I put a paper clip next to the swivel.

I didnt but its something I startted doing after @CrazyChef gave the tip about a year ago (like 200 pages back) and Ive noticed its much easier on the wire...Its especially useful for microclaps and aliens.

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didnt but its something I startted doing after @CrazyChef gave the tip about a year ago (like 200 pages back) and Ive noticed its much easier on the wire...Its especially useful for microclaps and aliens.
Paperclips FTW
here's a in action shot :)

EDIT: Pic is rotated for some reason...

dqrspk.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you want the best method then I suggest using the end of a Exacto Knife, the collet part, make sure its a 2 jaw version...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can also use the Collet from a Exavto Hobby Knife, make sure its the 2 Jaw version...

12-500x500.jpg

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Got my Combo Tank in and installed the included fused claptons. Ohm out at .15Ω. These things are nuts at 130w. The flavor and vapor production are insane
ae002c439d35fe5210db0bedb882ef9f.jpg
8de310021222d43455479e03ad948c8a.jpg

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

I put one of raymos single coils in that deck.
Love the combo so far. I put some Stainless fused claptons in the velocity deck I am gonna give a go later.

58ea68999866f05c8513f84abffc3c99.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u, do you use any kind of lubricant one the SpinerLT? Where do you buy it from? Thanks.
I actually use something I had laying around that I use on my firearms, its called Gun Butter. You can get it online from Cabela's, Ebay or other places that sell/care for firearms.
Royal Purple Oil is a great next best, its very thin viscosity and lasts a long time, this can be bought right at walmart for less then a few dollars.

Just wash out your bearings every 2-3 months and apply a few drops to each bearing and you should be good...this also goes for anything like swivels/ball bearings. Some swivels may need more care if they are inexpensive as the machining may not be as smooth.

Love the combo so far. I put some Stainless fused claptons in the velocity deck I am gonna give a go later.

I hope it vapes as good as it looks!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

58ea68999866f05c8513f84abffc3c99.jpg
That is one beautiful coil. I have truly enjoyed this tank the first day that I've had it. I will be writing a full review in about a week or two. I want to do another build or two in it though first.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually use something I had laying around that I use on my firearms, its called Gun Butter. You can get it online from Cabela's, Ebay or other places that sell/care for firearms.
Royal Purple Oil is a great next best, its very thin viscosity and lasts a long time, this can be bought right at walmart for less then a few dollars.

Just wash out your bearings every 2-3 months and apply a few drops to each bearing and you should be good...this also goes for anything like swivels/ball bearings. Some swivels may need more care if they are inexpensive as the machining may not be as smooth.

I hope it vapes as good as it looks!
Does the spinlt provide any less twist in the wire than a good swivel?
I wouldn't have though oil would do anything since most bearings are sealed.
That's the main reason I wanted one. I have to spray mine with WD40 every day.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So...the other day I posted a photo of my 3 core 28/36 316L fused claptons with 6 wraps

I'm not all together impressed not sure what I'm doing wrong. I use different amounts of cotton and it always seems to be on the verge of a dry hit. Sure enough each time there is lightly scorched cotton. I much prefer the 3 core twisted 28 kanthal I think it's 6 wraps.

On all of my builds I am using watts to fire I do not have temp control. I also use the big cotton roll from CVS.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Does the spinlt provide any less twist in the wire than a good swivel?
I wouldn't have though oil would do anything since most bearings are sealed.
That's the main reason I wanted one. I have to spray mine with WD40 every day.
I learned a long time ago to take apart your bearing every so often and to wash them and oil them with R/C trucks. they are not air or water tight and after spinning enough metal matter develops from wear and that is what causes binding and that grainy feeling. If you dont want to open them up I suggest just soaking them in oil and use a syringe to force oil through them to clean them out.

The SpinLT was a major improvement for me...Ive bought countless amounts of swivels trying to find some that wouldnt bind often or not pull apart like many Ive tried...Im very hard on my equipment (retard strength I guess) and my last swivels were $40/4 pack of Mustad 416Lbs #4's and they would bind from pull force alone. The SpinLT holds up to my forces and spin smooth as butter, I use it for everything from Microclaps, Claptoning ribbon wire to making my wholesale aliens for AVS. You can easily make your own and I may make one myself for the perfect hieght/adjustment but for now its doing a great job running.
You can check out my "tests" here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHujrlBhkbw/?taken-by=raymo_2_u:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHzopRyBPT6/?taken-by=raymo_2_u

My "Setup" for it right now...I want to build a stand or something for it
https://www.instagram.com/p/BISxozQBcbg/?taken-by=raymo_2_u

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Brad Mitchell Use real wicking material. You need fast wicks for clapton and even faster for staples.
Native Wicks platinum was the only cotton I really liked.

The fibers need to be running the same direction. Japanese cotton is a minimum but you need to fluff it to death.

@raymo2u
I pull fairly hard but probably not as hard as you. I bought 3 swivels for 5 bucks at a fishing place and I've used them for every thing since.
Usually only the fist one spins. It's very rare that the others spin at all but I don't build as often as you.
I thought about making my own with skateboard bearings but I figured there were better bearings out there.
If I can afford one in the future I'll check out the spinLT.

Last edited:

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@Brad Mitchell Use real wicking material. You need fast wicks for clapton and even faster for staples.
Native Wicks platinum was the only cotton I really liked.

The fibers need to be running the same direction. Japanese cotton is a minimum but you need to fluff it to death.

I put cotton bacon v2 I also have rayon but the bacon has been working fine in the staples I have in the TM24. I used som regular native wicks and didn't think it held enough juice.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So...the other day I posted a photo of my 3 core 28/36 316L fused claptons with 6 wraps

I'm not all together impressed not sure what I'm doing wrong. I use different amounts of cotton and it always seems to be on the verge of a dry hit. Sure enough each time there is lightly scorched cotton. I much prefer the 3 core twisted 28 kanthal I think it's 6 wraps.

On all of my builds I am using watts to fire I do not have temp control. I also use the big cotton roll from CVS.
Get some native wicks or cotton bacon. Stuff meant for wicking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I put cotton bacon v2 I also have rayon but the bacon has been working fine in the staples I have in the TM24. I used som regular native wicks and didn't think it held enough juice.

Im a diehard Cotton Bacon V2 and Native Wicks Platinum fan myself...CottonCandy Cotton is pretty good too.

e909e0e789e313deca594a4b68cb85d3.jpg

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has to be platinum. I always thought the regular had a bad taste. Was a big cotton bacon guy. Not that I've started back up I gave the platinum a try. Never going back. I'm also not willing to use anything besides cotton. And I'm skiddish still about nichrome

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No I dont have the equipment to record any, I would love to though..
Honestly I don't think you'd need a great camera. Just a tripod/mount and a good cell phone camera.
When I watch build videos I only look at how they're setup, and the angles they are using. You don't really need high detail shots of the wire going on.

I've learned about as much as I can from most build videos but I'd watch yours. You build and setup differently than how I've seen on youtube.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a new thread in the forum pertaining to brand new builders. They were asking about new builder vids there as well. I think it would be great to see you do a good new builders video as well @raymo2u. Learning from the best :)

TRONCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dual 26g twisted. simple and easy. measures .3 ohms.
73e7e6ca67a85179d5b4a3342018ea87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THATS MY EXACT GO TO BUILD. I love it's flavor and vapor production and the crackle is so satisfying. Works great in my limitless plus, 5 wraps each around a 3.4mm bit

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ipv3 LI it's been my beater mod for almost 2 years.

I put the temple on a DNA after I wicked it.
31ddc68a7d2b82fcc5538d6275165107.jpg
I had the 3 with upgraded software. Gave it away. How do u like the dna? I have a 3d printed enclosure that I plan on doing a 250 build with

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I honestly like the Hohm Wrecker G2 chip more then the DNA200 chip..

Some stuff from the last 2 days..

Microclap hybrid, this is a failed build as my measurements were off and I had to remove a few wraps worth of alien squared...but instagram is blowing up over it and I thought Id share it here...I call it "The Wall"

481bfcd799652d41b017985752d05f95.jpg
3ceb98705c0d1e64301a644939528bd0.jpg
8777789b30ed6d6030e73fc9bab08dc5.jpg
894aaf68ae9fcbe7c8b9c91e5c50589d.jpg
f018906a302340631f0a35ad7137dc5f.jpg
3395801bfc4049c22175910c6d0f0fb3.jpg

This was a Handspaced Attempt at 40g/40g Super Wide Staggerton....
Just think this thing BARELY fit into the Norris 30mm. The Norris 30mm holds builds that wont even fit in the Goon and it usually makes those builds look tiny in the Norris...I had to twist the leads to get it to enter the posts...

316f8339cf98449b91e5e9cba3804cc8.jpg
c1a2d3760eb6791b499f7be203346421.jpg
ce999f395a2a8fe2d6aa873931401e2e.jpg
a04dea67c8887a7991cfe804db04315e.jpg
62ce38db8b339aee63aa5b3ef3eef378.jpg

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok on yalls advise I decided to try what I think is koh gen doh. It came with a set of geekvape alien coils. It seems to work better. I was afraid to try anything other than my cotton because I tried rayon and I didn't like it. Today I will probably pick up some cotton bacon or something like that from a local b&m and I'll see how that goes.

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok on yalls advise I decided to try what I think is koh gen doh. It came with a set of geekvape alien coils. It seems to work better. I was afraid to try anything other than my cotton because I tried rayon and I didn't like it. Today I will probably pick up some cotton bacon or something like that from a local b&m and I'll see how that goes.
Can't go wrong with Cotton Bacon! My personal go to cotton since I stepped up from KGD. I find it wicks faster, has an incredibly minimal break in time, and holds much more juice. Works great in my RTAs as well to alleviate the dry hits I was getting with KGD, and it keeps up very well with large builds in RDAs

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can't go wrong with Cotton Bacon! My personal go to cotton since I stepped up from KGD. I find it wicks faster, has an incredibly minimal break in time, and holds much more juice. Works great in my RTAs as well to alleviate the dry hits I was getting with KGD, and it keeps up very well with large builds in RDAs
I well definitely give it a shot. Like I said I was afraid of new wicks because of my poor experience with rayon. I was like "eh I'm fine with regular cotton."

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I honestly like the Hohm Wrecker G2 chip more then the DNA200 chip..
Home wrecker g2? Does it come as a chip alone? I already have most of the parts for the dna. Just need a board lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Home wrecker g2? Does it come as a chip alone? I already have most of the parts for the dna. Just need a board lol

Yes you can buy the chip alone now at a few places online for $50

VU Sponsors