Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dual Fused Clapton
26 g ss.
36 g ss.
Wrapped around a 2.5 mm screw driver
Reading 0.11 ohms
This is my 2nd Fused Clapton I ever made. I have been vaping for 4 months now. I build on and off when I have the time . I know it's not the best build but not bad for only building for 2 months . To me this is what this thread is about. Sharing the good and the bad. Vape on !!! Fuck those cancer sticks !!
d7f17a321ef1f53f65bfca9f0bbd3821.jpg
34e14ee6263f1fd872726d3ab81fadcb.jpg
d7a8a551c12ceff49fa54453f6ba2c72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
What RDA is that?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

TRONCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Super simple build, parallel 22g 6 wrap around a 3.4mm bit, came out to .17 ohms, vapes like a champ with no dry hits. Been using it for a few days and I'm happy to say it's been a pretty solid quick build with great flavor.
132fedbf4aec6c8e203d6f768b58b157.jpg

I know it looks a bit janky, but that's because I've been using it so much. A good dry burn will make it almost brand new again.

#limitlessmasterrace

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's also hardly a rectangle.
The wider it is the easier it is to keep it from folding over on the jig and I'm not entirely sure you can alien over something that close to a square without making a Mohawk.
Speaking of Mohawk. I need to know how to do either that or a enigma. Or something badass

I haven't done a regular staple ever, started with framed..maybe I'll just do a framed alien, need to try using 38g. All I know is the azeroth gets back tomorrow so I want something built for it by then. And the mage gta gets here this week too. I will finally retire the mutation tank...maybe

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Speaking of Mohawk. I need to know how to do either that or a enigma. Or something badass

I haven't done a regular staple ever, started with framed..maybe I'll just do a framed alien, need to try using 38g. All I know is the azeroth gets back tomorrow so I want something built for it by then. And the mage gta gets here this week too. I will finally retire the mutation tank...maybe
You just under stretch your alien decore....stretch just until you see triangular shapes in the decore, then find the tension needed to do either a enigma or Mohawk.
Mohawk requires a core similar to your normal alien, if you go to wide it wont look as nice.
Enigma requires twice the width of the alien you would get from your original decore. So using a 28g initial clapton that would normally make a 3x28g Alien you would want something twice as wide, like 28g/12 x .4R Core. Understretch it and then find the tension needed to get it across.

Mohawk:

6895bedc84791af8bdb8cedf038a95e7.jpg
15056682_1842283265990627_6847946425687343104_n.jpg

Enigma:

fc4b457648f0bc2007378e90827651f5.jpg
6bd6b5e29a3f5868fd7434ae8b5f69c3.jpg

Just so you can see where the line is in the difference...a Enigma is a Mohawk thats pulled too far and becomes rounded in the center, the mohawk remains pointy tipped

Last edited:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm jealous. I'm getting sick and tired of all my hex screws stripping. Flathead grubs would be awesome

Yeah I hate the hex screws ' I use mostly rta at work and driving and they always strip out on me

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What driver are you using? All my allen grubs are the originals.
Use a quality driver with a moly or vanadium tip. Mine are the Wiah set with precision handles.
Most 1.3mm allen grubs are m2.5 while 1.5mm are m3.5. If you know the length you can get any grade, tip and head you want. Torx is where it's at.

Thanks raymo, I didn't know some of that.

TRONCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What driver are you using? All my allen grubs are the originals.
Use a quality driver with a moly or vanadium tip. Mine are the Wiah set with precision handles.
Most 1.3mm allen grubs are m2.5 while 1.5mm are m3.5. If you know the length you can get any grade, tip and head you want. Torx is where it's at.

Thanks raymo, I didn't know some of that.
I have an Allen key set I got from home depot. The keys are perfect, but the stock grubs for the limitless rdta are sub par, so I gotta buy new ones soon. Sadly the hole is too small to use Phillips or flathead grubs

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an Allen key set I got from home depot. The keys are perfect, but the stock grubs for the limitless rdta are sub par, so I gotta buy new ones soon. Sadly the hole is too small to use Phillips or flathead grubs

I wish the plus came with allen grubs. Instead they used 2 totally different screws...yay! I took the stainless top replacement screws and put them in the sides.
If it's one of those L shaped key sets they are probably the reason the screws round out.
https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-26390-Screwdriver-Metric-Precision/dp/B0006OBFCC

I've been using these for 6 months and they still look like new and all my screws are in good shape. I'm not easy on them either.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It doesnt really matter but it is preferable.
Accidentally had a little bit of one going on the alien framed staple is worked on last night, wasn't successful though. Did 38g, might need more 36g practice

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My question about the Mohawk & enigma. So you want it to only hump on one side I assume, so you can coil and wick it?

@whiteowl84
de6578a8e4e7d72cb6e4e92591a37bf3.jpg
didn't get kotex. Is there a thread with info on how to use this shit

Yep.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...low-flavor-longevity-and-nic-hit-pt-2.706948/

I didn't know about that thread when I started using it but I figured it out.

Here's the basics:
It acts opposite of cotton. It shrinks when wet so you use more. The entire thickness of the rope you have should do a 3.5mm coil. Just a few strands less for 3mm.
Rayon can wick when packed in a hole really well. If you have an RTA with wick ports you thin the tails starting at the coil and cut away till you have just enough to occupy the channel fully and trim it down so the fibers sit 1 or 2mm below the hole. You want them straight without being folded over.
It doesn't take much to fill a hole and stop a leak.
If you have a Limitless or something like it, they are good to learn with. I started with the griffin 25 so it took a while to figure out how to make it perfect.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...low-flavor-longevity-and-nic-hit-pt-2.706948/

I didn't know about that thread when I started using it but I figured it out.

Here's the basics:
It acts opposite of cotton. It shrinks when wet so you use more. The entire thickness of the rope you have should do a 3.5mm coil. Just a few strands less for 3mm.
Rayon can wick when packed in a hole really well. If you have an RTA with wick ports you thin the tails starting at the coil and cut away till you have just enough to occupy the channel fully and trim it down so the fibers sit 1 or 2mm below the hole. You want them straight without being folded over.
It doesn't take much to fill a hole and stop a leak.
If you have a Limitless or something like it, they are good to learn with. I started with the griffin 25 so it took a while to figure out how to make it perfect.
Giving it a go.
Avocado 24 glass is broke and my new azeroth is on its way. So using it in the mutation mt and tugboat to figure it out. Soo stoked on the mage gta that will be here this week. Need to get raymo one

KingOrchid order arrived today, he threw in some .6x.07 ribbon, anyone ever used that thin of ribbon??
e772abbb45c2b7299be97f3efaf42516.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Giving it a go.
Avocado 24 glass is broke and my new azeroth is on its way. So using it in the mutation mt and tugboat to figure it out. Soo stoked on the mage gta that will be here this week. Need to get raymo one

KingOrchid order arrived today, he threw in some .6x.07 ribbon, anyone ever used that thin of ribbon??
e772abbb45c2b7299be97f3efaf42516.jpg
Yea Ive used that Ribbon for a 50PLY Framed Staple a long time ago....Its really good for Ribbon Sliders though!....its like Tin Foil.

I love Kingorchid, hes a great seller on Ebay and hes only done postiive things for me, be it free spools, discounts or free shipping. He respect his customers that are regulars and I can appreciate that in someone your buying from, especially if they are selling great wire at really inexpensive prices!

I just picked up a 6000ft myself....and it came in 2 spools lol Love that.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dotmod RTA started tasting a little burnt, so I figured it was time to clean the coils. Boy, was I right! Much mo better flavor now.

Before & After:

View attachment 67257
My coil OCD is kicking in...

What was your ramp up time? 3 days???
Yea Ive used that Ribbon for a 50PLY Framed Staple a long time ago....Its really good for Ribbon Sliders though!....its like Tin Foil.

I love Kingorchid, hes a great seller on Ebay and hes only done postiive things for me, be it free spools, discounts or free shipping. He respect his customers that are regulars and I can appreciate that in someone your buying from, especially if they are selling great wire at really inexpensive prices!

I just picked up a 6000ft myself....and it came in 2 spools lol Love that.
Gotta be high gauge stuff??
I'm surprised you don't buy it by the lb
He's gotta vape right? Kingorchid... I've got an orchid v4/5/6 clone lol.
But so far he's been good. Glad yall recommended him

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What was your ramp up time? 3 days???
Almost. I even thought my batteries were in need of a charge - even though I'm using (2) 26650s in the Lux.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got some stuff in today...this is my new play wire..thought it was cool that it has my Teams logo on it with my handle!
There is some Kingorchid Wire in there also....

IMG_20161121_224708652.jpg IMG_20161121_224731714.jpg

I was gifted a Pharoah RDA to send in my entry to the Rip Trippers comp, my first time using it and I went a bit over board...it looks like a awesome single coil Framed Staple but I didnt figure in the lighting quick ramp up the wire combination would have....
SPECS: 12 x .4R N80/24TM316L/46KD (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .09 Ohms Single Coil)

IMG_20161121_230847286.jpg IMG_20161121_230754733.jpg IMG_20161121_231002411.jpg IMG_20161121_231924232_HDR.jpg

With a FULL Juice well it can be drawn on for almost 2 hits until its completely dry and at the verge of a dry hit on a Parallel Box....for now its on my Hohm Wrecker G2 at 80w....just so I can vape it and not have to redrip as often, it still lights up like lightning though...back to the drawing board :D:D

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost. I even thought my batteries were in need of a charge - even though I'm using (2) 26650s in the Lux.
If you don't already have them, they are a must have. I got the iJoy 26650's and DAMN! I understand why Mooch ranted and raved about them. 30a CDR and they hit very well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@raymo2u
It looks great. I love staples with high gauge wrap. Need to get some of that.

Any advice on staggertons?
I got the spaced clapton on the ribbon but I'm not entirely sure what to do after that.

So far I've thought of leaving the spaced clapton core in the drill and just binding it to the sides. Or cutting the ends off the spaced clapton and doing it like a SSFC with it floating between more ribbon.

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@raymo2u
It looks great. I love staples with high gauge wrap. Need to get some of that.

Any advice on staggertons?
I got the spaced clapton on the ribbon but I'm not entirely sure what to do after that.

So far I've thought of leaving the spaced clapton core in the drill and just binding it to the sides. Or cutting the ends off the spaced clapton and doing it like a SSFC with it floating between more ribbon.
Tried some too couple days back, more advice is appriciated @raymo2u :rolleyes:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried some too couple days back, more advice is appriciated @raymo2u :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure letting the spaced clapton float between ribbon frames would work if I pinned it enough but 0.3mm twists very easily. I need atleast 8 ply to even fuse. My first all ribbon staggerton is going to be 8x core and 4x on either side so it works out.
I'd just ask but my horrible job only leaves so many hours in the day.

Does any one know of 3 vape shops I can tag on IG? I've only ever been inside one.
It's a requisite for a giveaway from Augvape.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got some stuff in today...this is my new play wire..thought it was cool that it has my Teams logo on it with my handle!
There is some Kingorchid Wire in there also....

View attachment 67272 View attachment 67271

I was gifted a Pharoah RDA to send in my entry to the Rip Trippers comp, my first time using it and I went a bit over board...it looks like a awesome single coil Framed Staple but I didnt figure in the lighting quick ramp up the wire combination would have....
SPECS: 12 x .4R N80/24TM316L/46KD (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .09 Ohms Single Coil)

View attachment 67268 View attachment 67270 View attachment 67274 View attachment 67275

With a FULL Juice well it can be drawn on for almost 2 hits until its completely dry and at the verge of a dry hit on a Parallel Box....for now its on my Hohm Wrecker G2 at 80w....just so I can vape it and not have to redrip as often, it still lights up like lightning though...back to the drawing board :D:D
Beautiful

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Here's the loop method. That's what Dutch0hms is talking about only using a weight. About 1oz is good for 36g and up.
I don't recommend doing the loop by hand if you need it perfect.

Use that to get about 2" or so. Then do this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMacLlIA8_A/

I'm using a clothes pin thing:

I let the electric tape bite on the side my wrap wire is rolling on and the grooves lock on to the bottom.
All that's happening is the spaced clapton pushes dents into the tape an as it spins it repeats that pattern.

It took a while for me to get all this down so don't get discouraged if you mess up alot.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Here's the loop method. That's what Dutch0hms is talking about only using a weight. About 1oz is good for 36g and up.
I don't recommend doing the loop by hand if you need it perfect.

Use that to get about 2" or so. Then do this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMacLlIA8_A/

I'm using a clothes pin thing:

I let the electric tape bite on the side my wrap wire is rolling on and the grooves lock on to the bottom.
All that's happening is the spaced clapton pushes dents into the tape an as it spins it repeats that pattern.

It took a while for me to get all this down so don't get discouraged if you mess up alot.
This is fucking genius. I have been wanting to do some staggered builds but hate wasting my precious wire!

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is fucking genius. I have been wanting to do some staggered builds but hate wasting my precious wire!
If your just doing a stagger you can also wrap a clapton half way up a wire cut off the spool and grab the end then back up the drill to loosen the wrap and repeat. Now that you habe two, grab the end and pull the clapton down the length of the wire. When you start fusing it will push the clapton down rung by rung.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just did my first framed staple, went quite well if u ask me.
10 ply .4 framed with 26g kanthal and fused with 40Ni80
mj0l5f.jpg

xbzhoh.jpg
Looks great. 28g works better for frames if you're using a regulated mod. Keeping above 0.1ohm and keeping the mass low are super important on reglated mods.
But using dual and triple triple parallel mech mods it's not as crucial. I suppose a lower resistance might be preferred then.

VU Sponsors