Post your builds

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It gives a great flavor, but the airflow is just a tad restrictive for my liking. I like it for the single coil purpose. Yes, there's a bubble stuck in there... :mad: ...and I'm using a 70/30. Although I never read about that part before. But the cotton is staying saturated, so I guess it's okay. Just bugs the heck outta me.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It gives a great flavor, but the airflow is just a tad restrictive for my liking. I like it for the single coil purpose. Yes, there's a bubble stuck in there... :mad: ...and I'm using a 70/30. Although I never read about that part before. But the cotton is staying saturated, so I guess it's okay. Just bugs the heck outta me.
Lol sorry for bringing it up...Ill ask for a update in about a week if its still something your fond of Ill give it a go, for some reason Ive been really hankering a MTL tank for the last month or so but IDK if I really want to jump yet but this is something definitely could use!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wouldn't consider it a MTL tank, just somewhat restrictive. But for a single coil tank, the flavor is quite impressive. I can live with the bubble.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any good? I heard there were issues with pressure here and there because bubbles can get stuck under the deck....any of this yet?
Other than that it looks like a great tank that could use scrap wire for rebuilding
I did a review on that tank. Once you get the wicking down its really pretty good.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/293299/

On the last page I do an update on the wicking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 69494 View attachment 69495 View attachment 69496 my first SFC ! Not as hard as I thought.. 24g kanthal cores staggered with 34g n80 fused with 36g n80 6 wraps around a 3mm bit clocked in @ 0.18 ohms running at 150w in my ijoy limitless plus RDTA!!
Yeah you don't even need a good spacing method to do them. Just clapton half way up 2 wires and pull the clapton to stretch it. As long as there's a gap the fuse wire will push the clapton down the core.
I was surprised with my first SFCs too
When you put things between the cores the spacing has to be just right.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Day 4 of trying to catch up to the pack on alien claptons.

Getting there. Thanks to helpful tips and many profanity-laced hours of practice, I just may make it out alive.

Good day today. Minimal frustration.

cbfa7555c01e6e427b9246f8b32ad4c2.jpg

But one minor casualty so close to the finish line.

0989900eff4d539de81416218614e63c.jpg

So close. Nearly made it.

Also, switched out swivels today, which can only help matters. There was a sprinkling of gold-ish dust on the bench, my guess from the bearings grinding to their demise. Got a pretty premium set. Hopefully it pays off. VMC heavy duty ball bearings rated to 280#. Pretty slick so far.

0af9b331075d3a4a37d249589c794c22.jpg

Cant see the metallic glimmer in the pic, but all that dust is what used to be in my old swivels before retirement.

Also, bottom right of the pic, i mounted a small aligator clip on my vise to stretch the decore and hold it in place after stretching for safekeeping.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Day 4 of trying to catch up to the pack on alien claptons.

Getting there. Thanks to helpful tips and many profanity-laced hours of practice, I just may make it out alive.

Good day today. Minimal frustration.

cbfa7555c01e6e427b9246f8b32ad4c2.jpg

But one minor casualty so close to the finish line.

0989900eff4d539de81416218614e63c.jpg

So close. Nearly made it.

Also, switched out swivels today, which can only help matters. There was a sprinkling of gold-ish dust on the bench, my guess from the bearings grinding to their demise. Got a pretty premium set. Hopefully it pays off. VMC heavy duty ball bearings rated to 280#. Pretty slick so far.

0af9b331075d3a4a37d249589c794c22.jpg

Cant see the metallic glimmer in the pic, but all that dust is what used to be in my old swivels before retirement.

Also, bottom right of the pic, i mounted a small aligator clip on my vise to stretch the decore and hold it in place after stretching for safekeeping.
If you're ever in the market for swivels again consider getting a Swvl. He is @the_swvl on IG. I've been very happy with mine.
A good fishing swivel may have less resistance but they don't last forever.
The Swvl has bearings that rival my expensive skateboard bearings and I've never worn one out.

When I was struggling for 2 days trying to go from 34g aliens (which I had perfected) to 36g I had blown through probably 20' or more of decore. Tom Forde told me to let it go for a few days. Sure enough 2 or 3 days later I could actually lay one down. I'm not saying you should stop if you're having better and better results every time, just don't piss yourself off. Wire isn't cheap.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're ever in the market for swivels again consider getting a Swvl. He is @the_swvl on IG. I've been very happy with mine.
A good fishing swivel may have less resistance but they don't last forever.
The Swvl has bearings that rival my expensive skateboard bearings and I've never worn one out.

When I was struggling for 2 days trying to go from 34g aliens (which I had perfected) to 36g I had blown through probably 20' or more of decore. Tom Forde told me to let it go for a few days. Sure enough 2 or 3 days later I could actually lay one down. I'm not saying you should stop if you're having better and better results every time, just don't piss yourself off. Wire isn't cheap.

Thanks. I will consider it should the need arise.

The bearings i wore out have seen some serious mileage. They were the beefiest ones walmart had. Eagle claw. Which is OK, but kinda a pedestrian brand. I am also a competitive fisherman, and with that said I feel a lot better about the VMC's i replaced them with. Just a generally higher quality brand than Eagle Claw. And these are some beefy swivels. I foresee a long, healthy life for them.

Not totally sure the swivels were the root of the problem, but certainly didn't help that they were near catastrophic failure. I am sure seeing more success is at least partly due to practice and helpful hints. The hot glue one is a miracle worker. Plus, just fine-tuning how much to stretch the decore has been trial and error, but nearing the correct answer.

And, yes, sometimes time away is the best solution when frustrated. Pissed off doesn't help anything. Clear mind prevails. Had my moments, but kinda exaggerated my emotional state in my previous post. No need to worry. I have not started to cut myself while listening to Depesche Mode. Yet. Life is good.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I know the swivels you're talking about from walmart. Like 3 for $2? I've worn one out in a day last time I used one. And that was using oil from the first turn. The best ones I used I got from a bait and tackle place. They lasted about 2 months maybe? By the end when I broke down and got a Swvl a 3 core 26g alien took a half rotation before the swivel would turn. A single piece of 28g was 2 or 3. It was bad.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe had 1/2 twist total in the 8" length I made tonight with the new swivels. If even that. On the whole length. All is well so far. Future's lookin bright.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Petri and the cosmonaut I think it is are very photogenic decks. Even simple stuff looks good in them if you have good lighting.
I can't help but look all over the pix of them.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol sorry for bringing it up...Ill ask for a update in about a week if its still something your fond of Ill give it a go, for some reason Ive been really hankering a MTL tank for the last month or so but IDK if I really want to jump yet but this is something definitely could use!

Ive had mine for over a month. Vg max, The vacuum will eventually suck the bubbles out. I love it.

Petri rta clone on ft any good?

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I will consider it should the need arise.

The bearings i wore out have seen some serious mileage. They were the beefiest ones walmart had. Eagle claw. Which is OK, but kinda a pedestrian brand. I am also a competitive fisherman, and with that said I feel a lot better about the VMC's i replaced them with. Just a generally higher quality brand than Eagle Claw. And these are some beefy swivels. I foresee a long, healthy life for them.

Not totally sure the swivels were the root of the problem, but certainly didn't help that they were near catastrophic failure. I am sure seeing more success is at least partly due to practice and helpful hints. The hot glue one is a miracle worker. Plus, just fine-tuning how much to stretch the decore has been trial and error, but nearing the correct answer.

And, yes, sometimes time away is the best solution when frustrated. Pissed off doesn't help anything. Clear mind prevails. Had my moments, but kinda exaggerated my emotional state in my previous post. No need to worry. I have not started to cut myself while listening to Depesche Mode. Yet. Life is good.
You need a @the_swvl

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive had mine for over a month. Vg max, The vacuum will eventually suck the bubbles out. I love it.

Petri rta clone on ft any good?
I don't care for mine from 3f. There's always some connection issue.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Made a staggerton today but the ribbon I used for frames were pushed to one side. Ribbon sliders could be the answer but I'm never trying it again till I know. Just damn.

b_d_builders

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
5 Core Quad Stuffed SFC
This build is beyond a pain in the ass and Ive never made one completely perfect...theres always a couple mistake in the staggering or fusing..

View attachment 69557 View attachment 69554 View attachment 69550 View attachment 69551 View attachment 69553 View attachment 69555 View attachment 69558 View attachment 69556

How the hell do you get that in the drill without fucking it all up and keeping it straight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How the hell do you get that in the drill without fucking it all up and keeping it straight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Handvise LINK

I get it all together in my hand then dip it into a melted candle so make it stick and secure, then I put it in the handvise and go to work

GingerBlood

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just finished making these. SSFC on my stacked 26650 Ohmega with Warhead atty. Ohms out at .130. Tons of cloud production and great flavor. My favorite coil type at the moment but man, they take forever to make.

Attachments

• 15535339_366860490338544_6662620352096501760_n(1).jpg
    15535339_366860490338544_6662620352096501760_n(1).jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 31

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks great, Toad!

Much thanks to you!!!

I am used to being the boss at work, an adjunct instructor, and a mentor with my outdoor hobbies.

So I am used to having all the answers.

Truly humbling ( by the proper use of the word, which is used incorrectly 95%of the time, but that is another story) to get great advice from guys like you and several others on here. Thanks to you and the other advanced builders who help out when someone gets "stuck". And sharing what you have figured out.

I like to be that guy who helps others advance themselves, so it is humbling to be on the other side of the table.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yeah I forgot this bit. Even after I could do 36g aliens it was still difficult. The thing that made it easy was trying 38g. After I could lay it down 36g felt huge. Much easier.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I didnt get the Spaced Fusing to work like I wanted to so I just 6 a 6 Core Ribbon SFC...so far its the biggest Ribbon SFC there is.

(6) 4PLY .3R Stacks Staggered in 42TMN80 and Fused with 44TMN80 (5 wraps/3.5mm ID @ .14 Ohms Single Coil)

13884274d04e69927b7be3819f896044.jpg
8eb825ad272d720c1500fbc72fcf6a73.jpg
bc3ad1459736141a7a483a5aa275f692.jpg
d2ac3a46e6d77d392c48792bf0775157.jpg
dac5429a4731506515adbe93241b248b.jpg
01af7bc5a79f3b4aed70136689dcbbfe.jpg
84d42c45bf45e290b51cfd461392172c.jpg
f9fa2c11929fd0e33845942a235b4885.jpg
1486302f5dca2f040f76e13da191b3d3.jpg
22002b9c25c4e6158267e1413c674038.jpg
Damn that's sexy as hell! I need to get a macro camera to take pics like that but my build skills are not at that level yet. I'm just getting used to aliens and staggered fused clapton. I've tried stapled claptons andbi can't work with ribbon wire for shit. I tried with .05 x .01 ribbon and its not going well. What size ribbon is good to make staple staggered?

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn that's sexy as hell! I need to get a macro camera to take pics like that but my build skills are not at that level yet. I'm just getting used to aliens and staggered fused clapton. I've tried stapled claptons andbi can't work with ribbon wire for shit. I tried with .05 x .01 ribbon and its not going well. What size ribbon is good to make staple staggered?
You can use 0.5mm. 0.4mm and 0.3mm are better for lower power applications and easier to coil. Plus they have a higher resistance, you don't want to ohm out too low.
To stack ribbon you just need to straighten it out by pulling it till it stretches a little then lay your pieces flat on the table side by side. Get some VG on your fingers and grab the ribbon keeping it all flat and parallel. Start pushing the ribbon on top of one another till it's stacked. Now you just hold it by that end letting the other end fall making an arc and run your fingers down the length.
If you get a nice perfect arc then it's stacked. Raymo has a video on how to do this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByjxYyTSvEyBOFRwS1JZMG1kZVk

Watch Mind Forge's staggerton tutorial too. It'll teach you how to use glue and lots of other stuff.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any one have a suggestion for either single or dual coils for a single tube mech? I want something that lights up really fast.

VU Sponsors