Become a Patron!

Post your builds

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual fused ss clapton w/ 28g & 38g in the Smok tf-rdta. I actually like this smoke rta pretty damn good. Once you get the hang of wickig it the flavor is outstanding for a tank and it holds a good amount of juice. Whats cool is the juice flows around the outside of the chamber, it has a genisis type wicking, and the air comes in from the sides right at the coils. You can get these pretty cheap now. Worth checking out if you're in the market
0120170800a.jpg 0120170758.jpg

AJBclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man you just made my day! Ive been learning so much through this forum and a few of the guys here are some of the best builders in the world imo. Now i kinda wanna try that vertical build in my griffin 25 lol! Thanks for the idea

My pleasure man lol I think I may have to borrow that one photograph, if you don't mind, of the alien (or flattened?) wire being held out and wrapped around for my background :p Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
914abec68751cdc10c0c3b19242b00bb.jpg

5a0cc978768194d2cfd8c2183eb9ae2f.jpg

Customer's builds. They had to be over 0.15ohm...ugh, I don't miss that.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man.
I'm stuck using the same stuff over and over again. Lol

Aspr is killing it lately too...I'm jealous of some of his recent stuff.
Actually everyone in this thread is getting alot better lately. Go team VU!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Now some stuff I made...

After seeing a build that I thought was insane on instagram by @manipulated_metals I thought Id push the envelope a bit further. I wanted to make something crazy and controversial at the same time....I thin I nailed it on the head. The widest coil built so far, the Norris N30 barely held it-thats saying something!
9907cdf43a334a09b07874e9022ca33d.jpg
514599b30879413ffb254878341ed193.jpg
d8deb13ef6d08581ed2124cf5ef46951.jpg
9afd43e6ed65cfe7ab08bf15642edbb1.jpg
f02ce7ba5d683eae559822795167630b.jpg
e5958bce1e1eb2a80517812b6eddadb2.jpg

And tonight build is, a Asymmetrical Hybrid Build (Coils are similar but different)

ca96e1988894f449bc781d7df33c4dbf.jpg
25b5e409351bf51db1a823186d95dc66.jpg
d51ae427922849f27bcd41364a587fce.jpg
a4e4fab065ae014a4b1557af5f9ef4d2.jpg

keet89

Member For 3 Years
Now some stuff I made...

After seeing a build that I thought was insane on instagram by @manipulated_metals I thought Id push the envelope a bit further. I wanted to make something crazy and controversial at the same time....I thin I nailed it on the head.
9907cdf43a334a09b07874e9022ca33d.jpg
514599b30879413ffb254878341ed193.jpg
d8deb13ef6d08581ed2124cf5ef46951.jpg
9afd43e6ed65cfe7ab08bf15642edbb1.jpg
f02ce7ba5d683eae559822795167630b.jpg
e5958bce1e1eb2a80517812b6eddadb2.jpg

And tonight build is, a Asymmetrical Hybrid Build (Coils are similar but different)

ca96e1988894f449bc781d7df33c4dbf.jpg
25b5e409351bf51db1a823186d95dc66.jpg
d51ae427922849f27bcd41364a587fce.jpg
a4e4fab065ae014a4b1557af5f9ef4d2.jpg

Amazing work man, what are the specs on the asymmetrical?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When working with 40 alien wraps do you slightly under stretch it,stretch adequately or no stretch?

I understretch it as it doesnt need much tension at all

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is there a video somewhere showing how to make the 7 core fishtail braid? I'd like to try it.

stop'n'vape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
not the 7 core but the 3 and 5 core are covered in artofvaping's youtube vid, they show you how to do a 5 strand around 2 cores, its the same basic principle moving from 3 to 7 strands just uses more fingers :)

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for sharing man! I haven't managed to get a clean 40g alien yet for a dual...what's your preference on drill speed?

I'll share the advice that was given to me. Get your first wrap started with your hand out in front and go full throttle to the end. If you try to take your time your more likely to mess it up.

keet89

Member For 3 Years
I'll share the advice that was given to me. Get your first wrap started with your hand out in front and go full throttle to the end. If you try to take your time your more likely to mess it up.

Best start preparing loads of decors just in case

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First alien build:
3x26ka1/36ss316L
0.105ohms

View attachment 72390 View attachment 72391

Overstretched? Understretched? Any advice would be appreciated.
Nah, it's great. Understretched means it takes too much tension to get it to wrap. Overstretched means the part that should be on the side ends up on the bottom...the alien will look very strange and nothing like an alien. Anything between that is just preferance.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really need to look for a tutorial on getting the colors to pop. I keep heating them too fast, I think.

Those look good, man! :cheers:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks @whiteowl84.
It looks a lil funky to me. Guess I've been spoiled from looking at all you pros' stuff, lol.
To make them as clean as possible there are a few things you can try:
Make the decore perfect and don't kink it.
Set it up so every core has equal tension, the main reason aliens fail is too little tension/not enough stretch, overlaps or one core moved a bit...not a triangle but enough to make a different width and thickness.
On both ends fold a bit of the alien on top of it's self or glue it so the wrap can't move.
Find the right stretch for that gauge, STAY IN FRONT OF THE WRAP and open the drill up. The faster you spin the more you can lead it. If the cores are tight, the decore is perfect and stretched correctly all you need to do is hold the decore at the same tension and stay infront.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So on SS, what I have read / watched ---
Keep in wattage mode, and set it to 10-15 watts to start. Move up by 5 watts if using low ohm coils. These came in at .15ohm and I had to use 20-25w to start getting nice color.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cleaning it is more important than the wattage you use. As long as the coil has been cleaned and you don't blow past the color it will be fine.

When I use n80 stacks in SSFCs with n80 or SS wrap I pulse at 150w so the strips of n80 will heat up before the frames and other ribbon. Like so:
f0ab24c1700cd473436fd93411c11e29.jpg

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You haven't been cleaning them? The oils from the machining and your fingers plus any other contaminants ruin the color.
Cleaning with hot water, dish soap and a toothbrush are a bare minimum. Make sure to rinse thoroughly.
Lately I've been boiling the coils in soapy water then brushing them again after installing.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You haven't been cleaning them?
:eek: um.... no. I have pulse / dry fired them until they turn white-ish in color, not as hard as kanthal (glowing red).
I have been wiping down the wire with a clean rag running through the drill before I do anything with them.
(ie. cut from spool @ length, wipe down, work with it)

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's mostly just for color. It's very likely that the heat will destroy anything that would leave a taste. Even the most pure cotton has a break in period and that's probably what you taste.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's mostly just for color. It's very likely that the heat will destroy anything that would leave a taste. Even the most pure cotton has a break in period and that's probably what you taste.
OK. Yes, I always taste a bit of cotton on the first few tugs, that doesn't bother me. Every once in a while, when using Kanthal, I get "wire" taste (outside of the cotton taste) when using a light flavored juice. It's faint, but there, and only for a quarter tank or a little less of juice, so not long.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used a metal keyring as a slider to keep my cores flat. Saw it in a vid today. Worked like a charm.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well got my Modfather RDA'S in today, thought I'd go crazy with the first build. A pair of 3x.9*.3/36 317L SS which on a normal rda would have ohmed out @ 0.04 ohms out @ 0.16 on a series deck.

It's a beast, time to wick and see how it Vapes.

4fd65441aa74e16b705fb1135f2eff93.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well got my Modfather RDA'S in today, thought I'd go crazy with the first build. A pair of 3x.9*.3/36 317L SS which on a normal rda would have ohmed out @ 0.04 ohms out @ 0.16 on a series deck.

It's a beast, time to wick and see how it Vapes.

4fd65441aa74e16b705fb1135f2eff93.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Didn't even know that there was series decks available.
What a great idea, so basically a dual coil is seen as one wire.
How big is that rda?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually I've since found a better way tou set up the cores and I don't use paperclips any more. Bind the last 1" or so, flatten it and fold the binding in half so it's parallel with the cores. Bind it together to make the folded part your loop.
I really struggle with keeping all the core wires flat and want to try your way of binding but I don't get what you mean?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't even know that there was series decks available.
What a great idea, so basically a dual coil is seen as one wire.
How big is that rda?

It's a 30mm so you can really go nuts if you want to. She Vapes pretty well, I'm probably going to be using it mostly on my Big Pig Series Mod though with SS. That's a lot of wire mass for my parallel or tube mods to get it down to around 0.17 - 0.2 where I like to Vape with them. I primarily got it so I can rock SS on my Big Pig.

The Modfather RTA also has a series deck, it's the only RTA I know that does have one and I love it.

The only other RDA's I know that have a Series Deck are -

• Neutron by Wismec - 25mm not a bad RDA, only complaint I have is top airflow. I don't like top airflow, you just don't really get the flavor with it
  • Rafael X by Uwell - 24mm not bad either. Complaints I have are only 2 airflow options and the neutral post is wobbly

I really, really love series decks, you can really get crazy without having to go super subohm and would love to see more devices with them. It really, really opens up a lot of options for you

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a 30mm so you can really go nuts if you want to. She Vapes pretty well, I'm probably going to be using it mostly on my Big Pig Series Mod though with SS. That's a lot of wire mass for my parallel or tube mods to get it down to around 0.17 - 0.2 where I like to Vape with them. I primarily got it so I can rock SS on my Big Pig.

The Modfather RTA also has a series deck, it's the only RTA I know that does have one and I love it.

The only other RDA's I know that have a Series Deck are -

• Neutron by Wismec - 25mm not a bad RDA, only complaint I have is top airflow. I don't like top airflow, you just don't really get the flavor with it
  • Rafael X by Uwell - 24mm not bad either. Complaints I have are only 2 airflow options and the neutral post is wobbly

I really, really love series decks, you can really get crazy without having to go super subohm and would love to see more devices with them. It really, really opens up a lot of options for you
I love the concept and like you say, it gives you more options when using low ohm builds.

VU Sponsors