Become a Patron!

Post your builds

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alien stagg, 5x28g/36g. 3mm, 4.5 wraps.
440edf066b7fea622ab788f14c7dbc0d.jpg
I think that's the one of the tightest staggs i've seen perfect!

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome! I really kinda want another ktx before their gone uuuggh lol
When I ordered mine from him last week he said only 1 black one left. He didn't specify how many Steel finish were left. But if you want one you should get on it soon!!
And I'll tell you what ... I know this is going to be a strange thing to take away from a new RDA ... But this Tip is one of the best mouth feel tips I've ever used!! That would be the wide boar tip.

Last edited:

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
2nd attempt at .3 razorbacks. This time as a 6 ply .4/26g alien tsuka. Went well until wrapping into a coil... these bad boys want to bind up BAD wile wrapping :( Got the razorbacking down. And the stretch was pretty easy to figure out. But wrapping them up ... I had enough stick for two coils. The first one almost twisted a full 90 degrees. This is the better of the two. I may have to put these off until I get something to ground them into (aka a vise or something).
PicsArt_09-27-04.11.23.jpg

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Today...is one of those days...everything I've attempted has turned to shit today...just not my day to build lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
And my drill died mid-Fralien....*sigh*

Man I know those days. Step away and come back tomorrow. Don't dig a deeper hole!!

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m thinking it’s (indented alien) great because:

It has a lot of surface area without having a lot of core mass. It also has single wire alien wrap which brings the wraps resistance up, which means it doesn’t heat up as fast so it can take heat away from the cores.
I think staggered fusing heats up faster because it’s essentially 3+ wraps running parallel, meaning they draw more current and don’t get a chance to draw as much heat from the cores.
I think Mohawks and helixes and such spit a lot because of the size of the gaps in the fuse wire. They flash boils puddles of juice.
The indented coil, to me, is a cool approach to these little characteristics. High resistance wrap over small core mass without gapped fusing.
All pseudoscience and my opinion hehe

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

It has a lot of surface area without having a lot of core mass. It also has single wire alien wrap which brings the wraps resistance up, which means it doesn’t heat up as fast so it can take heat away from the cores.
I think staggered fusing heats up faster because it’s essentially 3+ wraps running parallel, meaning they draw more current and don’t get a chance to draw as much heat from the cores.
I think Mohawks and helixes and such spit a lot because of the size of the gaps in the fuse wire. They flash boils puddles of juice.
The indented coil, to me, is a cool approach to these little characteristics. High resistance wrap over small core mass without gapped fusing.
Very good points! I'm formulating a plan to use even less fuse wire :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

IDK, Corrugated builds suck (IMO) for that very reason. The thing is outerwrap only makes a difference if it increases the Coil ID, the wrap itself would be in the 15 to 30 Ohm range and electricity will always take the path of least resistance, this is why when the outerwrap is used it creates a hot spot as the amount of resistance within the outerwrap is to high it lights up instantly.

What you guys should try is using .8 Ribbon or larger and laying it flat in the center under or over the fuse where the indent is to ensure the the air is still heated between the cores.

Just wanted to give some thoughts.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
IDK, Corrugated builds suck (IMO) for that very reason. The thing is outerwrap only makes a difference if it increases the Coil ID, the wrap itself would be in the 15 to 30 Ohm range and electricity will always take the path of least resistance, this is why when the outerwrap is used it creates a hot spot as the amount of resistance within the outerwrap is to high it lights up instantly.

What you guys should try is using .8 Ribbon or larger and laying it flat in the center under or over the fuse where the indent is to ensure the the air is still heated between the cores.

Will have to try! I'm always on the hunt for a new vape! The thing for me is I like a cooler (maybe 'warm' to most people?!?) vape that also kicks me in the face (~1 sec or less draws). And I've found that airy builds at low ohms and high wattage make me happy at the moment. But again, I'm always down to try something new. It's one of the reasons I got into building. Chasing that mythical "perfect" vape.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

See I was wondering about that. Since resistance is so much higher in the wrap than the cores, would less energy go through it? Like my mod might say 120 watts, but it’s delivering a certain amount of volts to the atomizer, so maybe the cores are say 120 watts but the wrap receives like 1 watt + heat from cores?

I figured corrugated coils kinda sucked because they don’t have enough wrapwire to wick and sink the cores. Just feels like hot bare wire plus splashing puddles.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My tiniest work yet, gonna be continuing in the same vain I think. Gonna try 34g next. Try and find the perfect MTL setup. 4*32g ni80 /40g ss316l. Ohms at .47. Think I've wicked too tightly though cause I'm getting that taste of dried out cotton. Not burnt, but getting there. Oh well.
de8f61369b7b20ef8af5851644700998.jpg
9c04aa716b08a9aab1bef7235c61cdc1.jpg
24b7d9779e116947e5421bace729656d.jpg
abb31dc1639f999a65ec7576cabbfef7.jpg
be233eeded39a25e8b3b7ec0b01f02aa.jpg
74ac6d75c5ba6594cb93131adf9efecb.jpg
ec15203601cd9ba8d7999a281b0a5d1a.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My tiniest work yet, gonna be continuing in the same vain I think. Gonna try 34g next. Try and find the perfect MTL setup. 4*32g ni80 /40g ss316l. Ohms at .47. Think I've wicked too tightly though cause I'm getting that taste of dried out cotton. Not burnt, but getting there. Oh well.
de8f61369b7b20ef8af5851644700998.jpg
9c04aa716b08a9aab1bef7235c61cdc1.jpg
24b7d9779e116947e5421bace729656d.jpg
abb31dc1639f999a65ec7576cabbfef7.jpg
be233eeded39a25e8b3b7ec0b01f02aa.jpg
74ac6d75c5ba6594cb93131adf9efecb.jpg
ec15203601cd9ba8d7999a281b0a5d1a.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
very nice. so far my favorite mtl build is plain 32/42 n80 aliens in a kayfun prime. ill have to give 4 cores a try next time...

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
430 grade SS, 1.13 ohms, 30 watts in a Hadaly Clone, ...for science! Tastes really good.

View attachment 120793

Too ill to mess with my drill since Wednesday ;-; maybe tomorrow
What gauge is that? I think I have some 430 around here somewhere (unless I PIF'd it). It was like a 3lb. spool.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What gauge is that? I think I have some 430 around here somewhere (unless I PIF'd it). It was like a 3lb. spool.

I think you PIFd it - I had asked about separating it out - this is 28g, and I have 29g coming from CrazyWireCo

My attempt on a speed revolution clone. I didn't get the wires under very good cos I can't see for shit lol. I am still playing, but finally got my wire!
View attachment 120796

That's kinda hard to build, that tiny thing - make sure you keep the coil low and the diameter under 2mm or it will melt the drip tip

- and dont change the drip tip, standard ones Will touch the coil, yuck

Greco31

Member For 1 Year
5ff4afdf75e0d3517fef170cf4dd614e.jpg
cdaa7cdbbc381b6a3c7f228ca2189758.jpg
Hey guys I’ve been browsing a few threads on here for awhile, this one especially. Figured I would come out the woodworks and post. Didn’t build this it’s pre bought helix staple 4 ply ribbon 28g twist .15 for the pair...not particularly excited about their performance, slow ramp up and not getting a whole lot of flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey guys I’ve been browsing a few threads on here for awhile, this one especially. Figured I would come out the woodworks and post. Didn’t build this it’s pre bought helix staple 4 ply ribbon 28g twist .15 for the pair...not particularly excited about their performance, slow ramp up and not getting a whole lot of flavor.

Yeah...that's a lot of wire to heat up friend!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

By the way Greco31; welcome to the builder's corner!

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the process for making these? Seems like something worth some testing.

I made a 4 core alien and pulled the middle two cores out, than ran over the gap with a plastic pizza cutter. Others have been doing ribbon cores and pulling them out but I hate wasting ribbon lol. Not sure what others are doing to indent. They aren’t a bad vape and they look pretty cool!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Awesome, man, and welcome :cheers:

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
A little something I put together last night. I've been wanting to do an "uneven" ssfc like this for a while. I actually planned on making 2 coils and making one of them into something else. But I broke my 42 while fusing ... so I only had enough for 1 coil. And there was 1 nasty spot over the course of 2 stags. No clue how I didn't see it while fusing to fix. Oh well shit happens.
Force Fused SSFC - 10 ply .3 KA1, 26g Ni80 frame, 36g Ni80 stag, 42g Ni80 fuse, 3.5mm ID, .17 ohm single coil in the KTX, vaping it on My NC2 in parallel. So far the best parallel build I've found.

PicsArt_09-29-01.39.57.jpg PicsArt_09-29-01.51.33.jpg PicsArt_09-29-01.56.51.jpg PicsArt_09-29-02.01.18.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A little something I put together last night. I've been wanting to do an "uneven" ssfc like this for a while. I actually planned on making 2 coils and making one of them into something else. But I broke my 42 while fusing ... so I only had enough for 1 coil. And there was 1 nasty spot over the course of 2 stags. No clue how I didn't see it while fusing to fix. Oh well shit happens.
Force Fused SSFC - 10 ply .3 KA1, 26g Ni80 frame, 36g Ni80 stag, 42g Ni80 fuse, 3.5mm ID, .17 ohm single coil in the KTX, vaping it on My NC2 in parallel. So far the best parallel build I've found.

View attachment 120827 View attachment 120828 View attachment 120829 View attachment 120830

Awesome! I'm gonna build later today, I think I'm gonna try some groove or force fusing like this, see if I can get some yummy ssfc without so much misery lol

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 120827 View attachment 120828 View attachment 120829 View attachment 120830

@Pegleg Meg ditto, I gotta try force fuse ssfc now!

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome! I'm gonna build later today, I think I'm gonna try some groove or force fusing like this, see if I can get some yummy ssfc without so much misery lol
Yah This was basically a groove fuse where I loosened the shit out of the claps before fusing so it would actually slide in instead of stayibng up on the groove

VU Sponsors