Become a Patron!

Post your builds

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cs, FCs, Ribbon FCs, or something along those lines...It needs to be efficient at wicking but still produce flavor and heat, I think a Staple might be nice but your resistance may be a bit low with dual coil....I just slapped in some large FCs and next I think Ill use some Ribbon FCs....then try something else down the road...
Good to know. How is the best way to build a staple coil on wire wizard and such?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good to know. How is the best way to build a staple coil on wire wizard and such?

IDK I dont use them unless I need to shoot for a resistance, I usually build what I want and then just check it for shorts/resistance after Im done...I barely ever use the calculators and I feel 98% of the time I can guess the resistance and be within .05 of the reading when checked....

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IDK I dont use them unless I need to shoot for a resistance, I usually build what I want and then just check it for shorts/resistance after Im done...I barely ever use the calculators and I feel 98% of the time I can guess the resistance and be within .05 of the reading when checked....
I have never built stapled or with ribbon. Just got a spool of ribbon so going to use that and was either going to do fc's with it or stapled helix. Wasn't sure. Got my ivogo velocity today and have to build that so I might a little of everything and see what works best.

Speaking of which, the ivogo is pretty tough. Super solid, heavy, not cheap feeling at all. Gonna was and build it tonight if I get time.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my amazing lady purchased a couple authentic aeronaut rda's. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the aeronaut, specifically the authentic. They should have been here yesterday, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have good things to share with you folks. In anticipation I took a my first crack at an alien wire, and for my first try I found it surprisingly less difficult than I thought it would be. Perhaps because I was using 32k for the Clapton. Then again the 32 needed some finessing from time to time. I have 1000' of 36awg n80 headed this way as well and I believe the reduction in tensile strength will help the wire "relax" Into position. We'll see...
87ad4f2ce5810827311a9021faa55146.jpg
6f74355b3b7669faf33fb05a49caf8df.jpg
59292638ff1f3fd43bdf0a21772fedbe.jpg
c9aa8a3429acb00d946b0b1858ac9e18.jpg
95b93b05d134c2ed771ffd38f636a371.jpg
fee27c5a13ed1990637923ba11eed0b9.jpg
642ef94811c48aa3005b4f8b253c3337.jpg
ad4f8413b0e5e902d63b4039fb31c253.jpg
ad7916927ff8e6b324e1a4c05c048c27.jpg

Definitely not perfect, buttfuckit...it's my first try, next time hopefully they'll be better. The coil featured on the right came out next to perfect, the coil to the left...not so much. Center core is twisted 26awg & 2x32awg, framed in 24awg "alien 'd" in 32awg, all n80. Don't know the resistance quite yet...more to come. Cross your fingers those aeronauts get here today.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is the best way to build a staple coil on wire wizard and such?
Choose Clapton, then in your core options, choose parallel. You can add as many cores as you like by using the + button under the 2nd parallel option. It'll let you use pretty much anything (including other Claptons) as core wires.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WAIT WAIT WAIT...Your telling me your woman buys vape gear???:eek::eek::eek:

Mind if I borrow her for a bit?:rolleyes:;):D:D
She's amazing man. Bought me my first ego trying to convince me to stop buying bugler pouches. We both went on and off again smoking with tanks. It wasn't til I got my mech and started building my own that I found something satisfying. She was intrigued by the shit I was building on my mech but she doesn't like a warm of vape as I do... So I bought her her fuchai and boy does she love it. She offered to snag me one but I'm more interested in that aeronaut. She gave me two beautiful children, we support eachother in most endeavors, I couldn't ask for a better partner. Wifey material for certain.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha, I posted this in the wrong thread I think, lol... Wasn't directed at you Dawn0810.

As far as trouble shooting, try to be sure you're doing, as close as humanly possible anyway, the exact same thing every time. Double check that connections are tight, etc.

Sent from my LG-us990 using Tapatalk
No worries thanks for the tip tho

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've made nickel claptons that worked quite well.
It was 28g nickel wrapped in 30g nickel.
Still with spaced wraps.
I don't remember how many wraps or ohms it came out to I just remember it worked and quite good.

I made the mistake of ordering 24/32, 26/32 & 28/32 Ni200 Clapton coils from FT & I have no clue what to do with them now. Thinking of doing 10 or so wrap dual coils. Is TC with Nickel claptons mandatory? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made the mistake of ordering 24/32, 26/32 & 28/32 Ni200 Clapton coils from FT & I have no clue what to do with them now. Thinking of doing 10 or so wrap dual coils. Is TC with Nickel claptons mandatory? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Anyone can correct me if wrong but nickle is tc only because of possible toxic off gassing at high temps.

As for suggestions on wrap and diameter, it comes down to what resistance you want to fire at. Then you can put the values into steam engine calculator online to get what they will come out to. Devices that can only handle a few wraps you will want to use the 28 awg or 26awg. Devices that can handle more wraps you should use the 24 awg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some Sexy thingies arrive today, all thanks to the Master Chef :D
Those is some miiighty nice and shiny business cards Chef ;)
20160125_115858.jpg
20160125_120841.jpg 20160125_120642.jpg 20160125_122253.jpg 20160125_122136.jpg 20160125_120633.jpg

I am going to duplicate these as I find it easier to mimic something rather then starting from scratch, with the peices I cut off I see the correct stretch of the outer wrap so I am confident I can pull it off now, I was not stretching them far enough before....

Attachments

• 20160125_115851.jpg
    20160125_115851.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 22

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone can correct me if wrong but nickle is tc only because of possible toxic off gassing at high temps.

As for suggestions on wrap and diameter, it comes down to what resistance you want to fire at. Then you can put the values into steam engine calculator online to get what they will come out to. Devices that can only handle a few wraps you will want to use the 28 awg or 26awg. Devices that can handle more wraps you should use the 24 awg

Thank you sir!

My research so far leads me to believe that nickel needs low resistance builds .2 or lower to be effective. Hopefully I can get there without doing too many wraps. I hate working with nickel but better to practice building than have these wires just go to waste lol

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some Sexy thingies arrive today, all thanks to the Master Chef
Those is some miiighty nice and shiny business cards Chef
Well thank you! I hope you enjoy the aliens!
Yours arrived here on Saturday, and I must say I'm quite pleased also.
Gotta go leave you some positive feedback on the trade!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well thank you! I hope you enjoy the aliens!
Yours arrived here on Saturday, and I must say I'm quite pleased also.
Gotta go leave you some positive feedback on the trade!
Lol feedback huh? Ive done about 10-15 trades/purchases here and this will be the first time Ive seen or gave feedback :cool:
You guys were right about aliens, the 2 core isnt the way to go, 3 smaller cores and tightly wrapped outer wire makes a hell of a difference! I didnt notice much difference with them in the TM rda (From the 2x22K/46N60) so I took them out and put them in the MX4 you sent and its pretty amazing. I am going to try and replicate them tonight and put some in my Griffin, I am wondering if it will make a difference or not...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It'll DEFINITELY make a difference!
The difference between the alien and the fused is almost the same as the difference between the fused and the single core Clapton.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It'll DEFINITELY make a difference!
The difference between the alien and the fused is almost the same as the difference between the fused and the single core Clapton.
Im just wondering how it will wick, I noticed they suck juice up very quickly...that could also be that the MX4 has a tiny juice well and Im trying out cotton bacon V2 for the first time...
I didnt like the CB V2 at first but it doesnt need a break in for perfect flavor and its resistant to heat so I can take slightly longer pulls without worrying about dryhits..I just dont like how it feels and how it pulls apart.

I just got the notification for the feedback and it scared me, it looked like a warning notification....thought I did something wrong :p

DrWoolyCloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yes temp control is mandatory for any ni200 do not use it in wattage mode.

As for wraps if you don't know already steamengine.com has a coil wrapping calculator.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
6e5eaee9cb60dab90b063528414c5a69.jpg

0652e5eababbc05e68c6f71e80ff6f9a.jpg

d8e4fa29400a510d9a7a0f05998095ff.jpg

Whipped up a set of polished zipper coils. 3x28G twisted both ways and wrapped parallel & polished. I somehow managed to wrap each coil with a different inner diameter so....yeah. No good. But i snapped a few shots for the sake of posterity and thought i'd share em with y'all :p

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
6e5eaee9cb60dab90b063528414c5a69.jpg

0652e5eababbc05e68c6f71e80ff6f9a.jpg

d8e4fa29400a510d9a7a0f05998095ff.jpg

Whipped up a set of polished zipper coils. 3x28G twisted both ways and wrapped parallel & polished. I somehow managed to wrap each coil with a different inner diameter so....yeah. No good. But i snapped a few shots for the sake of posterity and thought i'd share em with y'all :p
Well now you got a choice for single coils....Im guessing you had 2 different drivers out while wrapping them?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I got some building in today but nothing fancy I just wanted to let you know how friggan these things are they've made everything from claptoning to just keeping them from unraveling and for 25 for 19$ it's well worth it I think they have 3pks I just have a lot of wire.
f98d6db68c2b6139ba20db4f55a28e7f.jpg
e8312d0f14911a6ffb4320f276bbf229.jpg

And for the builds just dual nickel
f704f55c50429fa92b11fc7322d6e23d.jpg
7effeb9d2a2f2c32d010706b308654ef.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I got some building in today but nothing fancy I just wanted to let you know how friggan these things are they've made everything from claptoning to just keeping them from unraveling and for 25 for 19$ it's well worth it I think they have 3pks I just have a lot of wire.
f98d6db68c2b6139ba20db4f55a28e7f.jpg
e8312d0f14911a6ffb4320f276bbf229.jpg

And for the builds just dual nickel
f704f55c50429fa92b11fc7322d6e23d.jpg
7effeb9d2a2f2c32d010706b308654ef.jpg

LOL I use magnets for that....You got a link for those spool keepers?

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes temp control is mandatory for any ni200 do not use it in wattage mode.

As for wraps if you don't know already steamengine.com has a coil wrapping calculator.

How do you calculate claptons on steam engine? I'm getting 200 wraps for dual .2 ni200 set with round/twisted lol

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its better they ask then learn with more dangerous results...Ive had my fair share of experience to know but with something new Id definitely ask...

No doubt,. but basics before Claptons. Then again, there is the nick....

Oh well. As long as he's not on a mech.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No doubt,. but basics before Claptons. Then again, there is the nick....

Oh well. As long as he's not on a mech.

I've been doing diff Claptons but never had the need to calculate resistance for them yet cause they generally ohm out to the range I want them on a regulated mod.

No way was I gonna do that with nickel would rather throw away the wire if I didn't find the answer I needed. Gotta start somewhere..

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use the Wire Wizard tab

Beat me to it lol

I'm gonna admit, this wire building shit ain't for me. I actually hate building wire. Just gonna order from you or raymo when I feel the need for exotic wire. Thank you for offering your services to build handicaps like me :D

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
afd78f62471b89d37a64c97c430bc4d6.jpg
cd5a0f08f0ee5b43bd4acc390ace1e20.jpg
a5d00899044ad0196c7acc4ecca3a777.jpg

This aeronaut is the bees knees. Flavor is fucking incredible. The airflow has me blowing bigger clouds on a single coil than I ever did on the velocity or plume veil. If you saw my last post one of the aliens I pumped out came out slightly fugly... That's mounted on my mech in my new aero baby...My fiancé is going to shit bricks when she mounts this bad boy on her mod after I get home...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I would want one for exactly what your pics are showing - single coil builds. I HATE putting single coils in a dual coil RDA (it's a pet peeve of mine). The Aeronaut looks like an awesome RDA for my low resistance staple coil builds.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
afd78f62471b89d37a64c97c430bc4d6.jpg
cd5a0f08f0ee5b43bd4acc390ace1e20.jpg
a5d00899044ad0196c7acc4ecca3a777.jpg

This aeronaut is the bees knees. Flavor is fucking incredible. The airflow has me blowing bigger clouds on a single coil than I ever did on the velocity or plume veil. If you saw my last post one of the aliens I pumped out came out slightly fugly... That's mounted on my mech in my new aero baby...My fiancé is going to shit bricks when she mounts this bad boy on her mod after I get home...

I am digging the looks of that rda. I don't think that I have have seen that yet. Gonna have to check it out now though!

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am digging the looks of that rda. I don't think that I have have seen that yet. Gonna have to check it out now though!

Don't bother with the clone... They're hardly alike. Long story short it was designed by an aeronautical engineer. Originally commissioned for production by a Chinese manufacturer, the designer wasn't happy with how long they were taking to put the plans into production so he retracted his order. He improved on his design and commissioned another manufacturer with his new and improved blueprints. Irony...the Chinese company started producing clones based on the original design.
The authentic is $65 roughly on eciggity.com...well worth the money. Probably the only authentic ill afford in a while.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys and your quality. I haven't built or rewicked in three days. I'm going into withdrawal I swear
675e9d2a3524c902b6354e123b75837f.jpg

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Don't bother with the clone... They're hardly alike. Long story short it was designed by an aeronautical engineer. Originally commissioned for production by a Chinese manufacturer, the designer wasn't happy with how long they were taking to put the plans into production so he retracted his order. He improved on his design and commissioned another manufacturer with his new and improved blueprints. Irony...the Chinese company started producing clones based on the original design.
The authentic is $65 roughly on eciggity.com...well worth the money. Probably the only authentic ill afford in a while.

The Aeronaut clone is the 1st Gen that didnt make it to release, the Aeronaut that is Authentic is the 2nd Gen that cleared the Modders approval for market...Its missing tubes and spare and other pieces. Buy the real deal or you will be disappointed.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys and your quality. I haven't built or rewicked in three days. I'm going into withdrawal I swear
675e9d2a3524c902b6354e123b75837f.jpg

Thats what just happened to me. I was about a week out from my last build and i finally caved

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats what just happened to me. I was about a week out from my last build and i finally caved

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Im gonna run this until my cotton falls apart or i burn it
gonna try to make a framed staple cool to replace it with though

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you like that doge x2?

Well its only the Cap and tip, the base is from a Mini Twisted Messes...The base is shit, the insulator melted first coil pulse and then spun and destroyed my build....I use a spare TM Mini Base and now its a beast!
The base from the left RDA is in the right RDA, the barrel is flipped so the AFC is right on the coils...Its a 4 post Doge X2 basically.
Twisted Mini Doge Hybrid.jpg

This is the Base:
2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton  .jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well its only the Cap and tip, the base is from a Mini Twisted Messes...The base is shit, the insulator melted first coil pulse and then spun and destroyed my build....I use a spare TM Mini Base and now its a beast!
The base from the left RDA is in the right RDA, the barrel is flipped so the AFC is right on the coils...Its a 4 post Doge X2 basically.
View attachment 39374
I wish they would have done a 4 post deck for it with a squared center post but noooo lol

VU Sponsors