Become a Patron!

Power issue with my RTA

Hi every one. Am relatively new to vaping and even newer for RTA.
So am using a Revanger x . And few days a go I got my self a Dead Rabbit RTA, and a pack of pre-made ss316L coils .
I installed the coil. (Single) and all was great. Yesterday I decided to clean the coil and as I was doing that while dry heating it. My power suddenly dropped from 43w to .4w.
So I threw the coil installed a new one. And all was good. For about 10 minute. Now itd doing the same every time I fire. Power drips and there is no vape ofcource. Dose the same on TCR as well . However it works on VW but I noticed that it used 3.8v when my battery is only 3.7.
The coils is .33ohm . And resistance is set to 91. Power 43w and 230 Celsius heat.
:cry:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
A fully charged 18650 is 4.2 volts. Dual 18650 bateeries will put out 8.0 volts on a regulated mod.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It may think that the 316SS is kanthal or nichrome for some reason.
You said it works fine in VW mode right?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Or it thinks the coil is dry for some reason.
Is there a firmware upgrade or can you reflash the firmware?

Try this only as a last resort:

https://www.vaporesso.com/

The video shows you how to check which firmware version you have and will tell you how to update it.

It was working perfectly fine until I tried to clean the coil .
And now on TC it only fires at .4w. VW works fine at 20w. And 3.9v
I'll try to see if I can update the firmware.
It just struck me ass odd that new coil worked fine for about 10 mins then started shorting as well

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU Nikitos. Did you dry fire the coils to a glow on TC mode?

Welcome to VU Nikitos. Did you dry fire the coils to a glow on TC mode?
I believe I did .
Now I notice that my frozen fruit juice tastes like caramelized sugar.
So it seems I might have burned the coil.
Also I have heard that eventhough the dead rabbit can work with both single and double coil set up. The single coil might not handle The load.
I don't know as I said this is all new to me . I just got my RTA on Thursday

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You can run a single on a dead rabbit RTA so long as you get the wicking sorted. It is all about how much power you are trying to apply to the coil(s) and what you expect to get out of it. Sounds like you definitely burned the coils. SS316 should never be dry fired to a hard glow and you probably shouldnt have the mod in TC mode when working out the coils. I would suspect that it would run its program and over heat the coils with nothing on them potentially ruining the build.

So it seems that in my attempt to dry fire my ss coils I ended up frying them....
Now and after 1 hour of firing rubbing ... rubbing and firing I finally get some sexy looking SS coils :xD:

Attachments

• 15413690743011787045525.jpg
    15413690743011787045525.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 19

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thats some serious determination right there dude. Excellent work.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
A fully charged 18650 is 4.2 volts. Dual 18650 bateeries will put out 8.0 volts on a regulated mod.
If the dual battery regulated mod is series, voltage will be that of both batteries combined. If it's parallel, voltage is that of 1 battery.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So it seems that in my attempt to dry fire my ss coils I ended up frying them....
Now and after 1 hour of firing rubbing ... rubbing and firing I finally get some sexy looking SS coils :xD:
Those are some nice looking coils. I hope you don't chain vape. Those coils are going to get really hot in an RTA.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It says 3.7v on mine. Or is that Max out
It looks like your batteries are not leveled..... I see 2 different readings on the voltage..... I think you need new batteries soon...... The mod will fire good with full batteries but once they are about half depleted the mod will see that one has less power than the other and might act wacky........ and even worst on series mods.....

VU Sponsors