Become a Patron!

Praxis Ciggo Banshee 159

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I grabbed this while on sale... just $35 over at Volcano. Dunno if that sale is still going on.

I've only had it two days, but I wanted to spew some thoughts...

For those that have not seen it, it's a visually interesting device. They've eschewed the run of the mill OLED screen for a ginormous dot matrix display hidden under the plastic body. The screen is never visible unless the mod is in use. When in use. It's bright enough to use as a flashlight. At rest, it displays the battery life and resistance. In use or while being adjusted, it displays the mode, and wattage or temperature. After finishing a vape, the screen displays a light show (Stepdot asked if I could play snakes on it), or a phrase.

The Banshee is a 150 Watt TC mod powered by 2 x 18650 cells. The modes available are P for power, N for Nickel (although the wee slip of a manual calls it Nichrome), T for Titanium, and S for Stainless Steel. In TC modes you can run from 100 to 315 C, and from 200 to 600 F. One click more in any direction switches measure... It is, I am told, possible to change wattage in TC mode, but I haven't managed to do it... perhaps I have the wrong firmware or adjusting in P mode keeps the wattage in TC modes.

About the wee slip of a manual... it's very basic, but an expanded edition is available on Ciggo's website.

In the time that I've had it, I've used it almost exclusively. I've run it in SS TC and power mode. I have not tinkered with Ni200 or Ti modes.

I have located and "updated" the firmware. Quotes because, at this point, all updating does is change the post-vape light show as far as I can tell.

In SS TC using round wire, it's kind if a dog... there's pulsing and the vape is anemic until cranked up to around 500 F. Oddly enough, when I threw a single fused clapton SS build in it, the vape was much better. With all SS builds to date, the device has failed the dry cotton test. Odd because with liquid applied, the vape is cool.

In wattage mode, though, is where I prefer it.

That's saying something as I am a TC vaper most of the time.

Of course, there's lots more playing to be done, but as it stands buy this mod only if you want the cool display, not a quality TC vape... and, as it is firmware updateable, there's always hope.

More (and pics) to follow...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To adjust power while in TC just hit fire button and up, or down at the same time while in TC mode. Had mine for about a week, same sale, I kinda like it.
Yeah, I finally got there. I was trying to hold both, and nothing would happen... accidentally let go of the plus button, and then tapped, and voila!

I like it well enough in power mode, but it's still funky in TC. I still haven't tried Ni200 or Titanium...

WraithPC

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine seems to be a little fussy on atomizer used in SS TC, It likes my Hurricane Junior, and my TGT III with either of those it isn't bad.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine seems to be a little fussy on atomizer used in SS TC, It likes my Hurricane Junior, and my TGT III with either of those it isn't bad.
That's kinda what I'm seeing. It like single coil, too, but seems to do ok on exotics... unless yhe ohms jump...

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine is acting erratic as hell. Out of nowhere it'll show led's lit up in a straight line all the way across the screen then go off, then on, then off etc. Now it'll be fine sometimes but then the whole screen scrambles like a big glitch and won't work. Gotta take batteries out then back in but that doesn't always work. This is my 2nd banshee cuz my first was defective and wouldn't read resistance of any atomizer. I'm so fed up with mods not lasting over 3mo. It's like manufacturers put a kill device in the mods set to go off 90 days from purchase. This is my 4th mod to not get past 3mo smh

Bought a used one the other day. Seems to be a great rig. I bought it just for the huge side screen. It'll only come out in certain situations.

VU Sponsors