Become a Patron!

Pre-newb question

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Short and quick question, can I use my mod to check resistance instead of having to buy one of those ohm readers? My mod shows resistance of the installed coil if I hit the fire button or either of the adjustment buttons.

I'm hoping to pick up my first RBA this afternoon (side note, can someone recommend a beginner friendly, 22mm, cloud chucker?) I'm on a somewhat limited budget for the RBA wire and cotton. My only other option is to just grab a couple of coils for my baby beast and be done with it

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Short and quick question, can I use my mod to check resistance instead of having to buy one of those ohm readers? My mod shows resistance of the installed coil if I hit the fire button or either of the adjustment buttons.

I'm hoping to pick up my first RBA this afternoon (side note, can someone recommend a beginner friendly, 22mm, cloud chucker?) I'm on a somewhat limited budget for the RBA wire and cotton. My only other option is to just grab a couple of coils for my baby beast and be done with it

If you can check the resistance without hitting the fire button, do it that way; it's safer. I did this for a couple months before acquiring an Omnitester, so certainly it's possible. Mainly I got the Omnitester to make sure that my mods were reporting the resistance correctly.

But if you have to hit the fire button to see the resistance... it's safer to use a meter first.

Andria

VU Sponsors