Become a Patron!

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I blame you all! I just ordered enough Nic to last 2 years! Possibly longer lol

And enough containers to split it down into a workable size. Damn shipping on One Liter Amber bottles, is almost as much as the bottles :/

$30 for a dozen (minimum order)
$20 shipping :/

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You ordered 12 One liter amber bottles? How much nic did you get???

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You ordered 12 One liter amber bottles? How much nic did you get???

I only bought a liter of 100mg/ml. But I want to split it down into 4 bottles @ 25mg/ml I can't buy just 4 bottles that cheap. So I have 12 now. I'll use the other 8 as I reduce the Nic per batch. Maybe.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ohhhh ok. You're reducing it down... never mind me :D

A legit question though :)

The bottle only gets opened 2 times. When reducing, then again when mixing. I generally do a liter at a time, unless I'm working on a sample. I have a small 240ml bottle for sample work. Same Nic supplier.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Buy more nic and VG then, simple! You've got empty bottles!:D

I bought 10 liters of VG/PG also lol

I'm prepared for everyone else to die in the apocalypse. I just want to make sure me and the family don't kill each other over Nic.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We just wrapped up preparing for the Apocalypse... erm... possible winter power outages.
--1.5 liters of unflavored 70/30 in the fridge.
--Eneloop batteries, ecig batteries, LED flashlights and battery chargers.
--We each have a car-jumper battery with DC/AC out.
--Camp stove and butane/propane. Because... food.

I really need to step up to at least 100mg/ml. My nic level for DIY juice is still too low... 36mg/ml. But for a $100 / 250ml bottle, my yield was 3 liters. With the retail juice I was buying back in the day, that $100 would have lasted me less than 3 weeks.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We just wrapped up preparing for the Apocalypse... erm... possible winter power outages.
--1.5 liters of unflavored 70/30 in the fridge.
--Eneloop batteries, ecig batteries, LED flashlights and battery chargers.
--We each have a car-jumper battery with DC/AC out.
--Camp stove and butane/propane. Because... food.

I really need to step up to at least 100mg/ml. My nic level for DIY juice is still too low... 36mg/ml. But for a $100 / 250ml bottle, my yield was 3 liters. With the retail juice I was buying back in the day, that $100 would have lasted me less than 3 weeks.

Holy hell! Where are you? I get 100mg/ml for $65. It's only $50 in the plastic bottle.

I could easily go through a $100 or more, in a single week at my peak usage. So DIY was a must for me. I've cut back enormously. But still DIY

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Holy hell! Where are you? I get 100mg/ml for $65. It's only $50 in the plastic bottle.

Let me know where you buy it and I'll switch companies. Finding cheaper DIY juice is one of the reasons I joined VU.

2nd reason: I need to learn DIY repair... my IPV 2S died and I don't want to buy a retail replacement.
3rd reason: I hate my Kanger Subtank Mini and need to step up on my RTA education.
4th reason: I just moved to the sticks, which means I have no more face-to-face support/retail stores.

I'll fill out my profile page right now, so you know where I'm at knowledge-wise.

Humbly,
lh

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me know where you buy it and I'll switch companies. Finding cheaper DIY juice is one of the reasons I joined VU.

2nd reason: I need to learn DIY repair... my IPV 2S died and I don't want to buy a retail replacement.
3rd reason: I hate my Kanger Subtank Mini and need to step up on my RTA education.
4th reason: I just moved to the sticks, which means I have no more face-to-face support/retail stores.

I'll fill out my profile page right now, so you know where I'm at knowledge-wise.

Humbly,
lh

I get my Nic from MyFreedomSmokes. I've seen several say it's not the best. But it suits me.

I bought a round of VG & PG there also this time. To prevent paying separate freight from another company.

Brown glass bottles, from Uline. Always dependable :)

Now, all this may change in the next year. Based on best guess, unless I get some help. I have enough to last 3 years lol

My flavors came from 3 sources this time. I'm trying to determine which supplier I want to go with. So far, I'm not impressed with one that comes highly recommended here. Communication is slow, and so is the method of shipping.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. That will kick-start my search.
Keeping with the topic of the thread... For my s/o, I have some 12 mg/ml and flavoring stashed away in case she runs out right when a bad snow storm hits... I mean... right when the zombies arrive.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know about NET techniques, but... just like making your own distilled alcohol, it's perfectly legal to grow your own tobacco. Many people do, though not for extract I presume.

Y'all know that right?

I've actually considered getting some seed. Assuming it does grow from a seed. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

VU Sponsors