Become a Patron!

presa 75w tc thoughts?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey folks, anyone have hands on with a presa 75w tc? I know there's a 100w out with a 26650 but looking for a mod to help get my mom into something less frustrating than her current vape pens. She's had tanks (plastic clearo's) leaking, wicks burning or coils failing, just a number of issues.

Originally she wanted something similar which is obviously hard to achieve with an 18650. Looked at tube style vv/vw regulated mods but by the time you factor the battery height, room for the board and controls, the 510 pin etc even a single battery tube mod is quite long. To put it blunt she saw a pic of something like a vamo v5 with an rta on it and she said it looked like a giant dildo lol.

The presa 75w seems to be about the closest thing I can find for a small 18650 mod. She saw the istick pico but doesn't like how wide/boxy it is. She's only a mtl vaper and looking to set her up with something like a kayfun mini v3. 75w is overkill, the tc may be nice even though I know it's not the most accurate. Budget is another thing, so the fancy $150+ mods are out.

Just wondered if there's any glaring issues folks have had with it, people seem to have mostly positive reviews that I can find. Wanted to double check before I pulled the trigger on it. Thanks

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey folks, anyone have hands on with a presa 75w tc? I know there's a 100w out with a 26650 but looking for a mod to help get my mom into something less frustrating than her current vape pens. She's had tanks (plastic clearo's) leaking, wicks burning or coils failing, just a number of issues.

Originally she wanted something similar which is obviously hard to achieve with an 18650. Looked at tube style vv/vw regulated mods but by the time you factor the battery height, room for the board and controls, the 510 pin etc even a single battery tube mod is quite long. To put it blunt she saw a pic of something like a vamo v5 with an rta on it and she said it looked like a giant dildo lol.

The presa 75w seems to be about the closest thing I can find for a small 18650 mod. She saw the istick pico but doesn't like how wide/boxy it is. She's only a mtl vaper and looking to set her up with something like a kayfun mini v3. 75w is overkill, the tc may be nice even though I know it's not the most accurate. Budget is another thing, so the fancy $150+ mods are out.

Just wondered if there's any glaring issues folks have had with it, people seem to have mostly positive reviews that I can find. Wanted to double check before I pulled the trigger on it. Thanks
I, personally, don't like the way the atty sits forward on the mod. Consider, instead, the Presa 40. No worries about 18650 (unless you're wanting external batteries).

If you're ok with external batteries, consider the iStick 60 or the Vaporesso Target.

Another to consider, if you're trying to come close to the pen, is the Joyetech eGo ONE line... the minis are much smaller than 18650, and can use rebuildable coils (CLR).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks shawn.hoefer, what do you mean about the atty sitting forward on it?

I've been looking to external 18650's so some of the smaller ones are out. The target's a bit too flight stick shaped for my mom's tastes. She just likes the smaller size of the vape pens but the batteries on hers are getting a bit weak already. That and I'd like to get her away from the prebuilt coil cartridges or the quasi rebuildable ones which is why I was looking at an rta like the kayfun.

VU Sponsors