Become a Patron!

Pretty new to vaping need some info please

So about a week ago I got a Smok Xpriv came with a TFV12 Prince tank. Changed my first coil in it today. Was using the T10 .12 ohm coil and after close to a week it was getting pretty gunked up and tasting bad. Switched to a X6 today that I picked up to try it out to see what ones I like best. When I first switched could I didn't get any warnings about a new coil or anything and the mod was reading the X6 at .149 ohms. Little later I took my tank off to wipe off the top of my mod and I then got the new coil message. New ohm was like .2 something and the other was .149. I think I accidentally hit the .2 one and I noticed before vaping it was wrong. So I removed the tank fired to get no tank message and put the tank back on. Now the issue is the only ohm setting that's close to my .15 X6 that's popping up is .174 ohms. What's going on, is this normal? Is there anything to worry about?

As I said new to all this, I'm coming from a simple vape pen so any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Brandon

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
It's fairly normal for coil readings to fluctuate a little, especially if you've been vaping on it and it's not completely cooled down to room temperature.

A lot of mods won't read a new coil unless you fire it once without an Atomizer on them.

I'm far from an expert on the subject but this is the case with what I've found.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
So about a week ago I got a Smok Xpriv came with a TFV12 Prince tank. Changed my first coil in it today. Was using the T10 .12 ohm coil and after close to a week it was getting pretty gunked up and tasting bad. Switched to a X6 today that I picked up to try it out to see what ones I like best. When I first switched could I didn't get any warnings about a new coil or anything and the mod was reading the X6 at .149 ohms. Little later I took my tank off to wipe off the top of my mod and I then got the new coil message. New ohm was like .2 something and the other was .149. I think I accidentally hit the .2 one and I noticed before vaping it was wrong. So I removed the tank fired to get no tank message and put the tank back on. Now the issue is the only ohm setting that's close to my .15 X6 that's popping up is .174 ohms. What's going on, is this normal? Is there anything to worry about?

As I said new to all this, I'm coming from a simple vape pen so any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Brandon
Might be a defective coil head. The coil heads should not jump like that each time. A little slight jump to a different resistance once is normal but not back, and forth. Try another new coil head if you have one.

Might be a defective coil head. The coil heads should not jump like that each time. A little slight jump to a different resistance once is normal but not back, and forth. Try another new coil head if you have one.

I do but I'll have to wait to till I get home from work to change them out. Like I said it didn't do this till I had already vaped on it for a while and it was reading .149ohm them I took the tank off to wipe the top of the mod and prompted the new coil message. Since then the closest to the .15ohm reading I can get is .175

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I do but I'll have to wait to till I get home from work to change them out. Like I said it didn't do this till I had already vaped on it for a while and it was reading .149ohm them I took the tank off to wipe the top of the mod and prompted the new coil message. Since then the closest to the .15ohm reading I can get is .175
Yes it should read 0.15 or anywhere near that like 0.12 to 0.18

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
And the T10 at 0.12 the Q4 at 0.4

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Ok thanks, so sounds like this isn't anything to worry about then.

Just a defective coil I would say. Let us know how the another new coil works for you when you get home. And you are using the mod on the wattage setting? Because there is a a Temperature control setting also for different types of coil wires.

Just a defective coil I would say. Let us know how the another new coil works for you when you get home. And you are using the mod on the wattage setting? Because there is a a Temperature control setting also for different types of coil wires.

Yea it on regular wattage mode.

So I was able to get it to read .154 oh now, not sure what changed it just kept refitting the tank to the mod to get the new coil message to pop up and now it's saying .154.

VU Sponsors