1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Problem: New Freemax Mesh Pro Tank Leaking All the Time

Discussion in 'All Tanks / Factory Coils' started by yomajesty, Oct 27, 2018.

1. yomajesty

yomajesty Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hi,

I have a new Freemax Mesh Pro, and it won't stop leaking. It leaks mostly out of the air flow hole. It also gurgles a lot. Just after a fill, no matter how much I put in, it gurgles. When I lay the mod on its side, it also gurgles then leaks. If I stand up the mod (I have one of the FEW mods that can stand upright), it still gurgles then leaks. After a while, the gurgling stops, and I'll continue to keep it upright. Then, randomly, it'll start gurgling again. I've never had a tank that leaks like this. Any ideas? It's not a matter of screwing in the coil tightly enough. The problem has been happening on both the single mesh and double mesh coils it came with.

2. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    May be an oring on the coils. I got some in the mail that we're crushed but the orings weren't even on there. Just laying in the package. I've got two that have never had any issues. What wattage you vaping the coils at.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

lak611 and Doomsday Vaper like this.
  3. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    I'm vaping between 50 and 70 watts, and mostly 60. Most time has been spent on the double mesh coil. I'm trying to inspect, and it looks like it has O-rings in the right places. Whatever's in there, it looks like the spares in the little baggie that came with the tank. Maybe there needs to be a second o-ring over the band that appears to be an o-ring? While looking for that, I had the tank upside down, with the drip tip off, while unscrewing it. Some juice dribbled out the drip tip hole. As for juice, I'm using a couple Valor Vapor flavors at 70% VG, so it's pretty thick.

4. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    As for o-rings on the coils, I wouldn't know what to look for. Looking at the single mesh now, and there's something that looks like an o-ring. It's very tight, and kind of embedded deeply. Nothing removable or anything.

Wtmke1 likes this.
  5. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    That's it. Hmm if the ring is there then I'm not honestly sure. Maybe some others may know. @MannyScoot @AnkouSitan

AnkouSitan likes this.
  6. MannyScoot

MannyScoot Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    If it's new the orings don't act up..... I have been using the same orings 8n my Freemax Fireluke and it doesn't leak a drop..... And I have been through 10 boxes of coils ....

Sometimes it's the actual coil.....you can put a small little ball of cotton in the juice holes on the coil (when coils is juiced) cotton sticks to it like plaster.....

That will slow down the wicking of juice.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wtmke1 likes this.
  7. AnkouSitan

AnkouSitan Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I’m not sure. Only time I had a leak from one of mine was when it didn’t have the oring on. Or possibly the bottom or top seal at the glass is getting pinched when you put the glass back on after cleaning or when screwing the coil in.

Wtmke1 likes this.
  8. Doomsday Vaper

Doomsday Vaper Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:

Know that problem well. 20181027_224059.jpg

MannyScoot and Wtmke1 like this.
  9. MannyScoot

Blog Posts:
    That was a manufacturing deficiency....
    That extra o-ring was supposed to go on someone else's coil...... He is probably trying to figure out why his tank is leaking......

Wtmke1 and Doomsday Vaper like this.
  10. Doomsday Vaper

Blog Posts:
    Lol. Not an extra, It was installed in tank without. Funny it didn't leak either. Using the 2nd coil from package is when I noticed that they were all off of the coils in one fashion or another.

MannyScoot likes this.
  11. AnkouSitan

Blog Posts:
    That o ring is suppose to be down a bit more. In the grove below where it’s at.

12. AnkouSitan

Blog Posts:
    Right about the screw I groves is a little double lipped area. That’s where the ring should sit usually.

13. Doomsday Vaper

Blog Posts:
    Exactly. Was showing how the orings were running amok in package not in the intended position. I missed the first one, caught second, and will reinstall third in proper orientation .

14. Doomsday Vaper

Blog Posts:
    20181027_233242.jpg Brand new package of triples...same deal.

AnkouSitan likes this.
  15. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    I switched back to the single mesh coil and tightened everything up. When filling, I closed the airflow hole. Before and after filling, I took some dry puffs without the fire button. It's not leaking right now. I'm lying the mod and tank down to see if it leaks while horizontal. So far, pretty good. Within the next hour or so, I'll probably figure out whether most of the problem is a bad double mesh coil. The single mesh probably just had a different problem: the tank needing more TLC and tightening. I'm enjoying the tight draw on the single mesh anyway. It's not nearly as airy. Reminds me of my Nunchaku tank. That one has a great feel, but haven't captured a lot of flavor yet from it. And it's been leaking, too. It has a push in coil rather than a screw in, and the coil barely fits. It seems too loose.

UPDATE: After a few minutes laying on its side, it leaked through the airflow hole.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  16. AnkouSitan

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. The single is ok. They do have a SS single coil which is nice. It’s a good intro into tc if you ware looking to try that out without building first. I enjoy the triples the most for the flavor. I usually ran mine around 92.5 and got good life out of them. If I wanted lower wattage mesh I use the falcon.

I run the mesh pro on my aegis legend and the falcon on the original aegis.

17. AnkouSitan

Blog Posts:
    Gotcha. My bad on that.

18. MannyScoot

Blog Posts:
    There you go !!!!!! You found the solution, remove all o-rings from your coils to stop leaking..... I'm removing them all as we speak .......

Doomsday Vaper likes this.
  19. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Removing the O-Rings could allow too much pressure on the 510 Pin causes serious issues. Be Careful doing that. JMFHO

20. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    I found one fix. The tank came with a spare large o-ring for the top of the glass, and two small ones for the bottom. I took one of the small ones and placed it over the existing o-ring, hoping it'll create a better vacuum. It's not gurgling at all. If it's leaking at all, then it's only a little bit. It's been pretty much fine for the past 12 hours I've had the extra o-ring on. The strange thing is it now looks more like it does in images of the tank online. It may still have more of an indent to the bottom o-ring than the images. Is the bottom o-ring supposed to be doubled up?

21. MannyScoot

Blog Posts:
    Some coils act like that..... There are some that simply leak...... Put another in and see if that one leaks...

22. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    I installed a double mesh a few days ago. It still leaks, but not as much. Still doubling up the o-ring at the base of the glass, too. I think they might have assembled it with a wrong size o-ring. It doesn't look like the images online. It seems a bit thin, and so do the spares.

23. tejas240

tejas240 New Member

Blog Posts:
    One thing that will help, don't lay your tank on it's side.;)

24. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    I don't lay it on its side. I have an RX200S, which has a nice tripod effect. Yesterday, I took the largest spare o-ring and put it over the existing base o-ring. Now it's only leaking slightly. I'd say screw it and get a Falcon, but people have major leaking problems with that one, too. Threading the top of the Falcon correctly solves a lot of cases, and so does skipping the mesh coil priming. However, plenty of people are still getting leaks. Maybe I'm just stuck smelling like phony maple syrup and waffles with the Freemax, or cheesecake and fruit punch.

25. Vince92

Vince92 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Do the coils you are using have 2 rubber O rings? I believe there should be one O ring above the threads, in the very top groove of the coils. This one sometimes ends up in the wrong part of the coil during shipping, and then 1 at the very bottom above the base plate for the coil. Also, I'm sure you are threading it correctly, but be sure not to cross thread.

26. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    Yes. 2 o-rings each. The first double mesh probably just flooded too easily. Whatever the case, it was defective. I'm on the second double right now. It leaks, but it leaks less. Adding the big o-ring cut that in half. I get a puddle once in a while. Sometimes, there's random gurgling, and that happened a lot more with the first double mesh coil that came with the tank.

27. Vince92

Vince92 New Member

Blog Posts:
    There must be some sort of issue there somewhere. The Fireluke tanks (all 3 different models I own) have been incredible as far as no leaks go. The only time I ever had a leak is when the sliding top opened up and let all the juice free, lol. Is there a ring at the top of the Chimney as well? I would inspect my tank components, but the things full of juice at the moment

28. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Mine has a seal at top and bottom of glass and two on the coil itself[​IMG][​IMG]

Just Frank likes this.
  29. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Bubble glass slides right over top of both seals top and bottom.

Just Frank likes this.
  30. Vince92

Vince92 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Love how that tank looks, I've got it in the same finish. Man I wish they came in a threaded top..I just switched to the original Fireluke tank after dumping 2 full tanks into my pocket after the sliding top opened up, lol. Unfortunately I didn't read enough to learn about the horrid drip tip setup on the original, otherwise would have settled for the Fireluke Pro in carbon fiber.

31. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I dumped a tank on my lexicon kit when I went camping this past summer. Made a mess in my vape bag. Lol

32. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    There's a ring at the top of the glass. I added one to the bottom. If you mean the top of the chimney where the coil screws in, I can't see that area well.

33. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Not sure if there's one in the chimney. I did mean the thicker white ones on top and bottom of of glass.

34. Vince92

Vince92 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah, your tank should have totally come in a seal at the bottom as well, that ones majorly important lol. I opened mine up and it also looks like there is 1 more ring where the top of the tank threads into the coil. Could be another spot to check.

35. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. On the tank itself, there was one thick one at the top of the glass and a super-thin one at the bottom. The spares were two thin and one thick. I left the thin one in because it's embedded rather deeply. I took the large spare and placed it over that, and that cut down the problem somewhat. At 60 watts, it looks like there may be some condensation. Sometimes the leak is a small puddle. Other times, it looks like a thin coating of liquid on the top of the mod.

36. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    I'm having trouble seeing whether there is one where the top threads into the coil. The top is a slider.

37. Vince92

Vince92 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, you would need to open it up, remove the coil, and look at the inside of the top piece where the coil threads on. Not sure how much that ring actually does, but I noticed one on mine. The embedded ring on the bottom could also be what is giving you grief..if you have the extra rings, it may be worth cutting that one out, as a double seal could cause a leak as well

38. yomajesty

Blog Posts:
    It's definitely an air vacuum problem. When it starts gurgling, I close the airflow and puff without firing it up. A few puffs fix the gurgling instantly. That prevents puddles.

39. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Then your tank may be defective. I'd definitely get a new tank and toss that one

VallanceVape and Just Frank like this.
  40. VallanceVape

VallanceVape New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've had a black resin Mesh Pro for a few weeks now - I like the tank - the double and triple coils are great - but it has got some niggles....all noted in the forum...the O rings slipping off the coils - check, the top slide dumping juice in your pocket - check (I do have a good hack for this - use a wide vape band and place it around the base of the top - it looks a bit naff but it stops juicy pockets! I've had no leaking issues, so far....but I do have another issue - I have the 'goldfish' bowl glass on mine and the top O ring went 'floppy' - it droops down the side of the glass - see the pic. I took the glass off and the O ring was stretched so I swapped it out with the spare in the box....now this one has done the same thing!! Any ideas why this is happening and if there is anything to stop it?! I reckon getting more spares will be a ball-ache!

41. VallanceVape

VallanceVape New Member

Blog Posts:
    with pic this time!!!!!

Attached Files: