Become a Patron!

Problem with my Mod.

water soluble

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everytime i fire my mech mod theres a lot of juice spitting and its even goes to my lips in the form of liquid.
And my coils (dual coils) are not glowing completely and takes a few seconds before the coils glows orange or red and theres many hotspots on the coils. But i wick the cotton properly.

Im wondering whats the cause of spitting juice/s. Im hoping for any help guys.
(And sorry for my english hehehe)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What kind of build are you running (wire type, simple winds or Clapton's/etc)? Pics might also help us to see if there is something wrong. Also, what wattage are you running, and what mode (power or TC) Juice PG/VG ratio would also be nice to know.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What do you mean, That the coil should not glow red when i fire it?
I thought it coils or dual coils should glow red st the same rate?
Im confused :(
I think what he means is if your coils are wicked correctly you won't see them glow, if you do, something is wrong. If when dry firing they glow from the center of the coil out and fire up evenly, you should be fine.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean, That the coil should not glow red when i fire it?
I thought it coils or dual coils should glow red st the same rate?
Im confused :(
When you install coils and fire them without juice or a wick they are supposed to glow, during that time you check that they glow evenly and fix hotspots.

After it's done you insert the wick and juice them and from that point onwards they are not supposed to glow.

I suggest you check out some vids on youtube and learn how to build.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats the build? How many batteries in this mech mod and is it series or parallel?
Sounds to me you ways too big a coil going there. Besdies the pure ignorance of vape building and safety issues.

water soluble

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you install coils and fire them without juice or a wick they are supposed to glow, during that time you check that they glow evenly and fix hotspots.

After it's done you insert the wick and juice them and from that point onwards they are not supposed to glow.

I suggest you check out some vids on youtube and learn how to build.
Sir im using vgod pro mech, dual coils, 26 gauge kanthal wire 0.4 ohm 6 wraps, wrap at 3.mm inner.

You mean sir that after i install my coils and screw it properly i should first fire it and after 1 or 2 seconds coila should gow red evenly the same rate and as i realease the firinh pin it should immediately stop glowing and cooldin itself after this ill put the cottons ( how thick the cotton should i use and the cotton should be tigtly fit inside the coils or slightly lose?? Any advice? )and wick it saturate it properly the when i fire it again coils should not glow red even a single glowinh should.not happen?? Even though i hold the fire button for long like about 6-10 second?
Thank you for.ur help ;)

water soluble

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of build are you running (wire type, simple winds or Clapton's/etc)? Pics might also help us to see if there is something wrong. Also, what wattage are you running, and what mode (power or TC) Juice PG/VG ratio would also be nice to know.
Im using awt 18650 3000mah 40A battery, 65vg 35 pg no.nicotine.cheese cake.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Im using awt 18650 3000mah 40A battery, 65vg 35 pg no.nicotine.cheese cake.

First of all, I have no idea why you are associating the type of mod you're using with what the coil builds within your atomizer are doing.

Second of all, that battery is not 40A, not really pointing this out for you, more for new vapers who may read this. The battery DOES have a 40A rating for a pulse discharge, but it's a re-wrapped 20A continuous rated LG B-Bin cell in all reality. There isn't a single 18650 currently in existence that can truly advertise a maximum discharge rating above 30A continuous. The problem is, especially on re-wrapped cells, they typically print the higher pulse discharge ratings on the wraps to give less educated customers the illusion that the cell is rated much higher than it actually is.

Third, if cotton is present inside your coils you definitely under no circumstances should be witnessing glowing red spots anywhere on the coils.

Four, when you put your coils in the RDA, make sure all the connections are screwed down well, then try to level out the coils equally with a screwdriver or whatever you wrapped the coil with. Then, without cotton in them, get them glowing red and pinch them until the coils have compressed and are touching. Then, with a small flat head, paperclip, or any thin object, begin heating up the coils. If you see hot spots (parts of the coil where the resistance is not on a mean level with the other parts, causing it to draw more power and burn hotter, thus brighter) which usually appear in streaks, begin raking the metal across the areas where the streaks were shortly after (but definitely not during if you're using a conductive material) heating the coil up to witness them. When all is said and done, the ideal situation is both coils sitting evenly in their respective positions, and they heat evenly when fired and also glow evenly.

Five, when you do put cotton in the coils, make sure they've cooled down if recently heated. Then, the amount of cotton you want to put in the coils will be roughly the same as the inner diameter of the coil itself. When you insert the cotton, you want it to appear to fill all of the inner coil, but also have a LITTLE bit (not a lot) of give when you pull at the ends. Then take out your juice, saturate well and off you go into fun land.

IF your coils ARE burning red while cotton and (especially) juice are present within them, you have either built very poor coils (or have secured them poorly within the post connections) that are shorting / hot spotting all to hell OR alternatively, aren't using nearly enough cotton / juice.

The fact that they are burning red means the coils are literally BURNING the cotton. This will definitely mess up the flavor, for obvious reasons. When you have a properly built, wicked and juiced coil build in an atomizer and begin applying wattage to it, you should see vapor rapidly rising off of the coils, droplets boiling / vaporizing off of the coil wraps and also hear a hissing sound. If it doesn't look and sound like this (besides the occasional popping which is normal) you have a definite issue that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
I have a few questions I am gettinga vgod pro march mod and I have been researching about ohms law and battery safety and I'm curious to know what wires I should build my pro drip RDA from. I would prefer a dual build and to be safe I know my LG brown battery's are 20A so I don't want to go below ~0.3 ohms so if I buy a preinstalled coils to build on I need two 0.6 ohm coils so they come out to 0.3 ohms together ? Or two 0.8 so they come out to total dual coil ohms of 0.4. Also I don't have a ohm meter soils how accurate is it if I use my Alien Smok 220 to check the coils ohms since it's regulated and will tell me if I set it up as a new coil. Please help me fellow vapers !!!

VU Sponsors