nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This RDA vapes great, until it doesn't, and then I end up with a mouthful of juice. Then I'm spitting and spluttering, making a terrible face, and for the next 10 draws or so, I'm easing up on it, drawing lighter and waiting for the bitch to do it again. Soon as I relax, bam! Mouth full of juice again.

Does not seem to be related to when I squonk the thing. If it was, I'd know when to look out for it, and I could deal.

I have now moved it to a Ram box, thinking that perhaps a little less power would keep that from happening, but no. Less frequent, possibly, but still happens.

Am I just drawing too hard on it when I'm not really paying attention? Can't imagine that I am - don't really have that much lung power after reaching the age of 63, after having smoked for nearly 40 years.

Maybe there isn't enough cotton in the coil. I'll try that. Looking for other ideas, in case a new wick doesn't help.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will be watching in case mine starts. Haven't used it in a while though

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've rewicked it, and just now it happened again. Using a Wotofo coil that came with the RDA. Some sort of smallish flat clapton.

I've just about run out of patience. Tobhino's about to get retired to the dead tank box.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mine doesn't do it...
70901064b97b164bf512c4c16a7dbcfd.jpg
8e726d53dcbc4764b4500da0e1f0d2b8.jpg

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've rewicked it, and just now it happened again. Using a Wotofo coil that came with the RDA. Some sort of smallish flat clapton.

I've just about run out of patience. Tobhino's about to get retired to the dead tank box.

Think we found the source of your problem...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use an 810 on mine from my apocalypse rda for mine. Came with ultem 810 adapter so I've never used the 510. I'll be no help

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have installed a new coil, N80 28x2/38, six wraps of 2.5mm, 0.52 ohms, coil lined up with notches on the sides that are for that purpose. Wish me luck. It has spit at me once, but I do think I over-squonked it that time. Maybe it's just a super-sensitive beast that's going to drive me crazy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Moved the Tobhino to a tube mech mod. Have been dripping it all afternoon and evening with no issues. Think I'll leave it where it is. It's behaving pretty well for now. Looks pretty good on my old SloJo Celtic mod (an Infinite clone from 'way back).

Thanks for suggestions everyone.

VU Sponsors