Become a Patron!

Problems with my new Sigelei Fuchai 213

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which video? I guess I didn't see that. Who's Daniel? I watched a bunch of reviews before I bought my Fuchai 213, and I think it's great. If the fire button breaks like other mods, I will be back and say it sucks.

From what I understand, preheat is a setting and it's called a preheat, so before other settings. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I posted the video above.

In TC, the mod looks at the cold resistance and compares the rise in resistance to the cold ohms. The mod knows when the temperature that you set is reached when the resistance rises the amount the TCR tells it should to be at your set temperature. If it reaches temp while still on preheat the mod should vary power to stop it from exceeding your set temperature. My DNA's work like that.

You could be using either Ni200 or Ti01 and heating them up to much can be dangerous. If a mod were to lock out TC during preheat, that would be dangerous. If the 213 actually operates like that, it's a major flaw. Preheat is just there to speed up the ranp-up time, it should be shut down by the mod once the temp is reached. That's the way it should work in a properly operating TC mod.

Cheers,
Steve

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a commercial and a vendetta. K
Okay you can ignore the dozens of people who bought the mod and witnessed and experienced all of this, just because this one person compared the device to his DNA devices.

Also side comment every single Fuchia and Sig 213 have the fire button problem. It's a problem with the board configuration. If you try to fire it just as the screen goes out it will misfire. I believe the initial testing had it at exactly 13 seconds from the last input.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also side comment every single Fuchia and Sig 213 have the fire button problem. It's a problem with the board configuration. If you try to fire it just as the screen goes out it will misfire. I believe the initial testing had it at exactly 13 seconds from the last input.

It's not a reported issue with the Fuchia that i've seen, just the Carbon Fiber version.

My Fuchai has never misfired once, and I even just spent the last 10 minutes trying to purposely time it to do just that with zero luck.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not a reported issue with the Fuchia that i've seen, just the Carbon Fiber version.

My Fuchai has never misfired once, and I even just spent the last 10 minutes trying to purposely time it to do just that with zero luck.
I could never recreate it on my Sig 213 when i tried and my vaping habits generally don't line up with waiting that long within puff (I generally puff a couple times in quick succession and then several minutes before doing it again) so I didn't see it when vaping at home. Then I started to run into it rarely in the car. I doubt that they rectified it in the Fuchia 213, as this has been a complaint on several of their devices. My working theory is that they dropped Yihi chips because they found someone making satisfactory clones and started their own development of those chips going forward (this is why startup behavior is very Yihi) since then every chip they have used has been based off of that clone, this problem is inherent to the chips used and not a simple FW fix (otherwise it wouldn't have followed them from the Fuchai 200w to the Sig 213).

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could never recreate it on my Sig 213 when i tried and my vaping habits generally don't line up with waiting that long within puff (I generally puff a couple times in quick succession and then several minutes before doing it again) so I didn't see it when vaping at home. Then I started to run into it rarely in the car. I doubt that they rectified it in the Fuchia 213, as this has been a complaint on several of their devices. My working theory is that they dropped Yihi chips because they found someone making satisfactory clones and started their own development of those chips going forward (this is why startup behavior is very Yihi) since then every chip they have used has been based off of that clone, this problem is inherent to the chips used and not a simple FW fix (otherwise it wouldn't have followed them from the Fuchai 200w to the Sig 213).

Well, coming from having previously used an Asolo a good 6 months+ before I'm no stranger to dealing with misfires, and I have been able to replicate it with the Carbon Fiber version (which is why I initially refused to buy one as my go-to wattage only device, regardless of it's very appealing form factor).

But yeah, either the one I got is special or they must of done something to fix the issue between launches. Because this has certainly been passing the try and make it misfire test with flying colors since day 1, and that was a few months back now.

I do agree with your theory that they switched chip brands to save $$$ though. Which obviously was a shame for anybody looking to at least get a passable level of TC out of their device. Although I'll again still point out that anybody with a healthy interest in TC and *not* buying DNA/FSK to begin with is already essentially doing it wrong anyway. That's the reality trade off in today's market if you really want great TC. You don't get the very best form factor/s :)

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sigelei got me to bought fuchai 213. Found out about its problem two weeks after I got it. Yes at first I had a few choice words but its straight wattage for me have dna for temp. I have no complaints other than battery door its a pretty nice mod. Anyone who would boycott sigelei e-mail them five times aday you hsve every right to.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me preface this with I have more money than brains. I only do TC these days with NI200. Oh fuck no, I almost bought this because it looks really fancy. IMO, better than the SX Mini Q-class. Since it is the same b2 18650 bullshit 200+ watts. It will, but not if you value your hand and face. That being said at 75W TC it would be very nice. Certainly looks damn good. I am so very glad I read this before I found out the hard way. I have been vaping 7 years, not new but I did not know about this bullshit. It is not like it is going to say so on the box Lol. That is a real shame for the OP though. I bet if you figured out how to work a DNA,FSK,Yihi you would be very happy. SS is probably better for your health in TC but I am all about the clouds. Regardless you might as well get a fucking Mech than this. I say if they wil take it back exchange it. I am sure those here will give you recommendations. Now most shops refuse returns "due to FDA rules" which I was told here is a crock of shit too. I am just glad I found out but sorry for OP.

CBR240

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I looked at this device, read some of the bad reviews, and then got VT133 instead (which I really like BTW). But as I think back on the reviews for this, and in particular the TC issues, I am left wondering, are those that TC does not work for (seems to re-lock resistance each time you fire), locking the resistance? If so, on a cold coil? I know all of my non-DNA TC devices require that.
Not arguing one way or the other, just curious. Are those having TC issues locking the resistance? I think it's "up" and "down" buttons at the same time.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked at this device, read some of the bad reviews, and then got VT133 instead (which I really like BTW). But as I think back on the reviews for this, and in particular the TC issues, I am left wondering, are those that TC does not work for (seems to re-lock resistance each time you fire), locking the resistance? If so, on a cold coil? I know all of my non-DNA TC devices require that.
Not arguing one way or the other, just curious. Are those having TC issues locking the resistance? I think it's "up" and "down" buttons at the same time.

Well that is the problem you can't even use TC unless you read the resistance, then lock it (there is a prompt when locking or reading the resistance). You can't even just lock what is on the screen, you have to do the manual read first and then lock it. Early mods (I think this might have cleared up) also had issues where just the act of switching to TC would knock a hundredth or two off of the reading, causing cold or non-existent vapes because soon as you fired it would read it accurately (it was really weird). So to get TC to work at all you had to lock it but locking it didn't do anything because it would re-read the resistance anyways and then apply it from there. Which made the locking issue even weirder. Why would it not perform if it was checking the coil before fired and basing the vape on that, then it shouldn't matter if it was .02 off. But either way it works fine from cold assuming you have the right resistance set up (which could take minutes of power firing the coil and rereading till it read at the correct point) and then deteriorate rapidly with each successive puff.

In the end it was kind of a battle of two annoyances. The stair stepping temp means less with SS and especially large SS coils and the .02 means little when vaping Ni or Ti since they increase in resistance by so much that can get covered by a dozen or so degrees and won't affect the vape. But reading SS off so much and stair stepping Ni and Ti temps means a huge annoyance on one end and potentially dangerous on the other.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just asking, I tap fire button just to get display to light up. On the screen how it displays battery current volts. They jump around example 3.79 it will change to 3.81, 3.80. It will stay between .79 and .81. Have used the same batteries and always use external charger.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was supposed to be designed to read live battery values.
So that would cause it to jump around.

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just feel it's too big. Not necessary unless you are hitting like 150 plus watts

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors