Become a Patron!

Project Sub Ohm Mutation X V3

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-Mutation-X-RDA-V3-by-Indulgence-p/psox04.htm

So I ordered one of these in white and one in stainless today. Main upgrades are Phillips post screws and a delrin adapter for 510 drip tips. I have a flavor build on my V2 and leave only 3 air holes open each side, with a KFL drip tip on top of the delrin one, which fits a 510, but looks a tad goofy.

I'm pumped for the Phillips screws and the adapter, and the white one is nice looking. I've fallen in love with this atty, and the V3 takes care of my only small complaints.

Anybody else getting one, or ordered one? I have a feeling Im gonna regret not getting two white ones. I think it's gonna look great on my black carbon fiber iPV3. They won't ship out until Monday, so the wait begins.

They were only 24.99 a piece, too, 4.99 shipping. I had a 10 dollar off code, so 22.50 a piece is a steal. They emailed me a code to share for others to get $10 off a $35 or more order. Here it is.

http://vapordna.refr.cc/2WMM26Q

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-Mutation-X-RDA-V3-by-Indulgence-p/psox04.htm

So I ordered one of these in white and one in stainless today. Main upgrades are Phillips post screws and a delrin adapter for 510 drip tips. I have a flavor build on my V2 and leave only 3 air holes open each side, with a KFL drip tip on top of the delrin one, which fits a 510, but looks a tad goofy.

I'm pumped for the Phillips screws and the adapter, and the white one is nice looking. I've fallen in love with this atty, and the V3 takes care of my only small complaints.

Anybody else getting one, or ordered one? I have a feeling Im gonna regret not getting two white ones. I think it's gonna look great on my black carbon fiber iPV3. They won't ship out until Monday, so the wait begins.

They were only 24.99 a piece, too, 4.99 shipping. I had a 10 dollar off code, so 22.50 a piece is a steal. They emailed me a code to share for others to get $10 off a $35 or more order. Here it is.

http://vapordna.refr.cc/2WMM26Q
I looked at it today I did not see much difference between that and the Tobecco V2 the tobecco has phillips screws as well I may get one anyway for the heck of it let us know how it is I love this black v2 I have been using it for a week I do the same only a few holes open but its a very low ohm build think I will use some tiger wire and make a higher ohm build on her

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I looked at it today I did not see much difference between that and the Tobecco V2 the tobecco has phillips screws as well I may get one anyway for the heck of it let us know how it is I love this black v2 I have been using it for a week I do the same only a few holes open but its a very low ohm build think I will use some tiger wire and make a higher ohm build on her
I'll definitely report back. My only real complaint on the V2 are the triangle screws, so Phillips will be nice, and a restricted airflow drip tip really warms up the vapor and intensifies flavor, so it'll be nice not having to stack. Such a good deal, I know they're made in China, but I like these companies putting out affordable authentics, though I have no issue with clones at all.

I'm running a dual coil .65 with 28 gauge right now, and I vape it around 40-50 watts usually. It can take more, but that power level is a good balance for flavor warmth and juice consumption.

What's your build? I'm gonna play with some 26 gauge soon I think.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my build o here now is 20 guage hovering around .1 ohm haha I rarely do .1 ohm builds but felt like trying her out its too much think I will move up to .3 .4
see the tobecco v2 I have has regular phillips screws but then again many companies make the Mutation x haha god knows how many Yeah let me know I have some tiger wire I made a few weeks ago so I think I will try that in her see if I can get around .3 .4 that will be much better this thing is just a juice burner hahah

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
my build o here now is 20 guage hovering around .1 ohm haha I rarely do .1 ohm builds but felt like trying her out its too much think I will move up to .3 .4
see the tobecco v2 I have had regular phillips screws but then again may companies make the Mutation x haha god knows how many Yeah let me know I have some tiger wire I made a few weeks ago so I think I will try that in her see if I can get around .3 .4 that will be much better this thing is just a juice burner hahah
Nice, I knew the clones had Phillips. I won my authentic. Don't know why clone such a cheap authentic, but lol, that's how it goes.

I'm thinking of trying .3 to finally push my iPV3 full wattage just to try. The .65 dual is a really good build for flavor, and it makes good clouds if that's your thing, too. Might be worth a shot sometime. I've pushed 100 watts at it a couple of times, but it just eats juice.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice, I knew the clones had Phillips. I won my authentic. Don't know why clone such a cheap authentic, but lol, that's how it goes.

I'm thinking of trying .3 to finally push my iPV3 full wattage just to try. The .65 dual is a really good build for flavor, and it makes good clouds if that's your thing, too. Might be worth a shot sometime. I've pushed 100 watts at it a couple of times, but it just eats juice.
If you gonna push your Ipv did ya upgrade it to 165 w ? If ya didn't it also adds the 3 digit for ohm readings takes 5 minutes haha I hit the mutation x v2 at .1 oh at 165 and chocked for a minute haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you gonna push your Ipv did ya upgrade it to 165 w ? If ya didn't it also adds the 3 digit for ohm readings takes 5 minutes haha I hit the mutation x v2 at .1 oh at 165 and chocked for a minute haha

I keep meaning to do it for the accuracy of the readings, but I have a Mac. I have access to a PC, just been lazy. I need to do it. 165 is just obnoxious, but, so is 150, lol.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah it is well said
I can vape on a freshly dripped Mutation for a good while at 40 watts. On a mech, .65 is around 27 watts at full charge and I can get a ton of time before re dripping, but at 100 watts, I could barely get 2 hits. So yeah, ridiculous. I like a warm almost hot vape, but 165 watts is just impractical. 40-50 is good for me, up to 80 is nice with some juice, but it just drains batteries, and I have to drip too often.

The key with the Mutation for me is using a more restrictive drip tip and closing off most of the airflow. That yields great flavor, and warm vapor. The delrin tip cools it down too much for me, though I understand it serves a purpose in certain situations. It really is a super versatile atty.

I'm pumped for these V3's, no more stacking drip tips. They already left CA last night, so I'm hoping to get them Tuesday. MLK day is gonna screw me on Monday... Damn federal holidays. Lol. Oh well, VaporDNA said they wouldn't ship until Monday, so I'm not complaining.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can vape on a freshly dripped Mutation for a good while at 40 watts. On a mech, .65 is around 27 watts at full charge and I can get a ton of time before re dripping, but at 100 watts, I could barely get 2 hits. So yeah, ridiculous. I like a warm almost hot vape, but 165 watts is just impractical. 40-50 is good for me, up to 80 is nice with some juice, but it just drains batteries, and I have to drip too often.

The key with the Mutation for me is using a more restrictive drip tip and closing off most of the airflow. That yields great flavor, and warm vapor. The delrin tip cools it down too much for me, though I understand it serves a purpose in certain situations. It really is a super versatile atty.

I'm pumped for these V3's, no more stacking drip tips. They already left CA last night, so I'm hoping to get them Tuesday. MLK day is gonna screw me on Monday... Damn federal holidays. Lol. Oh well, VaporDNA said they wouldn't ship until Monday, so I'm not complaining.
Now looky what ya did I ordered one now I have that the mutilator and the freak show coming god I need to hire a coil and wick maid.. :)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, i got the Sig 150w and i have found one build that could withstand it, it was stacked quads 26 gauge @ 0.29 ohms. Hot as hell, vapor was intense and if your wicks get even a bit too dry cotton may catch fire.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Now looky what ya did I ordered one now I have that the mutilator and the freak show coming god I need to hire a coil and wick maid.. :)

Man, I had my eye on the carbon fiber freak show, Mutilator, Yep, and the Dragon before the V3 was released. I would have at least two of those on the way right now, but I'm a man of simplicity, sticking to what I know I like.

You're gonna have to tell me how the Mutilator is, looks pretty awesome. Others have already said the freak Show is nice, I'm just paranoid about bottom airflow and leaking.

Man you have some nice toys coming.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@TBCAmor I have had a carbon fiber Freak Show for about 2 weeks now and love it. I havent had any issues with leaking unless I over dripped alot. With cellu-cotton wick I normally put almos half of a 30 ml dropper in it at a time. I also really like the Troll atty, personaly I think it has a bit better flavor than the Freak Show.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@TBCAmor I have had a carbon fiber Freak Show for about 2 weeks now and love it. I havent had any issues with leaking unless I over dripped alot. With cellu-cotton wick I normally put almos half of a 30 ml dropper in it at a time. I also really like the Troll atty, personaly I think it has a bit better flavor than the Freak Show.
Wow, 15 ml, that's awesome. I use the cellucotton, too. Will need to look more at the Troll.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LOL meant half of the dropper out of a 30 ml bottle.
Yeah, I wasn't really sure how that would be possible, and just woke from a nap. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, lol. Reading it again, it was more clear than I thought, lol. 15ml would be a HUGE atty, tank even.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I got them in on Tuesday, I built a dual coil .45 ohm with 26 gauge on the White, and haven't opened the SS one, yet. The white one is super sexy looking on my black carbon fiber iPV3. They fucking emailed me Monday saying they now had black ones, which I wanted over SS to match my iPV3, so I'm debating leaving it sealed and trying to trade for a sealed Black, but I'll probably just build it. The contrast of silver to black on the atty looks good, but all black would be nice.

Pretty much the same atty, Phillips screws are handy, though they weren't wanting to stay snug on 26 gauge wire, I'll have to see if the SS is the same and or change out the screws my next build. Once I got it down and wicked, it hasn't wandered ohms at all, though. I've been checking it at least daily on an ohm reader to the hundredth, too.

The 510 adapter is nice to have, though I find myself still stacking an original KFL drip tip on the wide bore one. I still think it has better flavor that way, but flavor with the adapter is still vastly improved over the cloud chasing tip, and it looks pretty nice. I need to find more stock KFL drip tips, was glad I didn't toss mine. It makes the best flavor with these attys.

Overall, it's nice. Nothing earth shattering, but I knew that. I think the drip well might be slightly larger, emphasis on slightly, though.

If you have a V2 and want another Mutation, it's a no brainer. It's cheaper, has more versatility, Phillips screws, and I personally like the Project Sub Ohm logo. And again, the white one is fucking awesome looking. They are made very well, too.

If you have a V2, and don't feel the need for multiple Mutations, I'd say pass. I'm just getting into dripping and when I find what I like I stock up, hence my 6 Kayfuns. For me I'm very pleased. I can take some pics if desired, but you know what they look like.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have an almost creepy affinity for stainless steel. Especially when it's naked and brushed. Part of my attraction is that it doesn't need a corrosion barrier like paint. I really like black, but if it's stainless I say let me see that sexy metal.

I said almost creepy, but..... Ok. Full blown creepy. I just like stuff made out of materials that don't suck. Rock that stainless piece brother. :cool:

VU Sponsors