Become a Patron!

Protank 2 on a Aspire Cf sub battery.

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Still kind of new to the vaping world, just wondering is it safe to use the protank 2 on the aspire cf sub battery? Or can I only use subtanks on it?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a good idea. The CF battery puts out 4.18V with no adjustment when fully charged. Probably more that the Protank can handle without burning the coil.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I second that.

Too much voltage unless you like it really burnt.

You should just use the sub tank mini (which fits perfectly on the CF Battery) and isn't too spendy. There are even clones/fakes floating around that are cheaper (no idea if they are good). I have an "authentic" if there is such a thing from a Chinese manufactured product.

http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-subtank-mini-clearomizer

I use these two items with a 0.5 Ohm prebuilt coil and get excellent flavor and battery life.

So much better than a pro tank for flavor. I still have a protank floating around but it's just sitting now.

P.S.
You can find it cheaper not direct from kanger.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most any ego battery charges to 4.2v like any li ion battery does....Spinners can be adjusted to 4.5v...All the subohm thing is is it has enough amps to fire the thicker coiled subohm tanks.

Not sure if the CF is variable voltage or wattage or whatever but 4.2 volts shouldnt burn it up...I fired a mech mod with protank 2 mini with a 1.8 ohm coil for a full tank.

But in any case the kanger subtank mini or nano would be a better quality vape in general.

Last edited:

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a subtank nano, but I don't like using it all the time so I went and got the protank. Been using on it on the cf battery last night and was working good. Any suggestions on a battery to use on the protank? Also I appreciate all the help I know dealing with noobs can be annoying at times.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always found that to get the best flavor with my pro tank I needed under 4v, so something adjustable would be good.

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess I'll check out a local shop after work and see what they got to use with it.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The reason why they're saying it's not a good idea is those old stock protank coils weren't designed to handle more than 6-9 watts...some could, some couldn't...it was luck of the QC draw. If you want to run your Protank 2 on that mod I would do it with the 2.5 ohm coils or the 2.2 as the lowest as it will give you a little over 7 watts and 8 watts respectively...not much of a vape but if it's enough for you than vape happy and vape strong...I know when I first started I thought 6.5 watts on a T2 or T3 or from a 2 ohm carto was the best thing since sliced bread...boy things sure have changed :)

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would work fine with a 1.8 ohm coil. Certainly wont chuck clouds. Ive used the TDUX series and aspire glassomizers on a VW mod and often went over 4 volts.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It would work fine with a 1.8 ohm coil. Certainly wont chuck clouds. Ive used the TDUX series and aspire glassomizers on a VW mod and often went over 4 volts.

Oh I agree, you could use a 1.5 ohm Protank 2 head on it if you wanted and it would work...just those little tiny 33 gauge nicrome coils don't hold up well above their recommended voltage...I used to buy those 1.5 ohm heads and run them till they died and rebuild them with Kanthal. Stock I'd be lucky to get a week out of them if even that because I would always run them at 12 watts which blows their little nicrome minds :) rebuilt with Kantal a 1.3-1.5 protank 2 head would last me a couple weeks easily...sometimes a month if I dry burned and clean them regularly....

when it comes to those old heads it's not about if they can...it's about how long they can hold up doing it...I figured out how to dual coil protank 2 heads before Kanger came out with those aweful dual coil abortions they call coils for the aerotanks and PT 3's....and even with two coils in that tiny little space they would last me two weeks...the only problem with dual coiling a protank 2 was since I didn't use NR wire on the leads out of lazyness I would melt or warp the bottom pin insulator and have to replace it every so often but luckily Lightening Vapes sells them. The only other odd thing I noticed about rebuilding those old heads is that if I let them sit for along time they would screw themselves up...I rebuild ten of them one day so I would have a stock and by the time I got down to the last three, two of them were not metering right and I had to do them over again....I don't have a reasonable explanation for it since I test fire all of them when I build them and meter them all the same but it still happens...it's just weird...

Sorry, I know that rant was a bit off topic but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in plus an extra penny for what it's worth :D

VU Sponsors