Become a Patron!

PSA: Use more cotton, Scottish Roll style

VapeFlip517

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is actually the way my boss had taught me how to wick a few months ago. I had never thought it would be effective, but it def is! Its the only way ill wick now,

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't seem to use any more cotton to make a scottish roll type wick than I do with a "standard" wick. Just looks a little bigger from the stretching and rolling. Super fluffy. But I make mine so they thread through the coils easily. then after trimming and fluffing the ends, it looks huge.

I used the scottish roll for all my rda builds for a while, then thought maybe it is just a gimmic and I should just do a regular wick. Switched back for about a week. Then went back to the roll.

I get twice the hits per re-drip with the scottish roll. From 10ish with standard to 20+ with the roll (same amount of cotton mind you). I find it gives a cleaner flavor too, but might just be me. Scottish rolls absolutely hold way more juice though.

Have also found as someone mentioned can vape them to cotton white. Could never really do that with regular wicks. Seemed to kinda "trap" some juice in parts of the wick. Can't be an indicator of good wicking flow.

VU Sponsors