Become a Patron!

Puff count...who uses 'em?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just look at the battery indicator... or, occasionally, when the thing turns off because the battery got down to 3.2v. :giggle: Usually I swap the battery long before that, but with my 30Q's, they last so long, often on the 3rd day I'll get all the way to 3.2v.

I do however sometimes glance at the puff timer. I vape at very low wattage, so I often take very long hits, 5-6 seconds... but when I'm cooking, sometimes I don't really have time for that, so I'll turn up the wattage a smidge, so I can be satisfied with faster, shorter hits.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to use them when I was quitting smoking. Not for any other reason than a point of reference.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only time I look is when... I think the battery drains too fast..... then I might check for next few swaps. But i don't keep it displayed.

Can't use it for puffs per day because about a third of my vaping per day is done mechanically. No counters.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my oldest mods is the Evic VTC mini and I keep the puff counter up on that one. That's really the only mod I use it on.

UnholiestSpork

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had no idea the puff counter had a use besides using it to limit yourself to a certain # of puffs per day.

Learn something new every day, I guess.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I always change batteries before work and always take two setups with me. If it's going to be a long day I take a spare pair of batteries as well.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK...with my mod, I know if I have over 200 puffs and I am getting ready to go somewhere like work, the "puff count" tells me switch battery before I leave.;)

I find it's safer to check the battery charge indicator. It's happened to me a couple of times that I didn't put a fully charged battery in a mod, or put one charged and one discharged batt in. Not often, but once in a while shit happens.

VU Sponsors