Become a Patron!

Purple Efest 18350

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
I have some of the above mentioned batteries that I use in my 4nine and they are great for a tiny stealth mod. (Looking forward to the Praxis Derringer to use with it)

I was recently given a few TrustFire 18350 batteries by a friend who no longer needed them. The printing on the TF cell is BFN14C05. When googling that number I get Russian/Croatian forums that are finding 18350 purple Efest (700mAh, 10.5A discharge) with that same marking. I have found no mention of these on English forums.

What are the chance that these are the same cells? If they are, would that be good for TF or bad for Efest as far as reputation? Considering none of the *Fire brands have a very good reputation in the vaping community.

Anyone here skinned an Efest 18350? I would but don't have the thin heat shrink tubing yet to protect it after.

Delivered by carrier pigeon.

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
I got a couple to go with my new Vamo on "Cyber Monday" and so far theyre doing fine.. I WAS using them stacked for the first week or so but after reading why I shouldnt Ive been using them on their own.. Theyre in daily/constant use and seem to be doing their job so Im not about to rip the wrapper off just yet haha (no heat shrink here either)..

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is possible that TF buys the batteries from Shenzhen Efest, as Efest does wrapping for other companies. They will wrap with your design or they will design a wrapper for you, depending on how many you are going to purchase.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just bought 4 flat top for 16 shipped at lightning vapes a vendor here. I should buy more.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never thought to look at the time. I bought 4 of the purples for my 350 mods and one developed a leak. The rest are doing fine. I should have pulled the wrapper and see what there was to see before recycling.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the green one's from them. Plus some clear and other colors in rolls from FT. It seems that all of them are just a tad thicker than most original wraps. Makes them more durable I guess but in certain applications can be a little bit of an issue as well. For mods with tight tubes like the SID/Evic/Ace or with flat tops. My Vapor Wood uses flat tops and the bottom swivels closed and is the positive contact. Wraps are just thick enough to make it need a thin magnet for good contact.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried the 12 amp AW 350's yet?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cut a little under 1/8th of an inch off of the wraps when I get them, to make better connections.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cut them for length as well. It doesn't overlap the top edge any more than the original. Just the thickness of the wrap is enough to make contacting a flat surface iffy. And of course a tighter fit on some of the narrower tubes. It would be nice to find some closer to the OEM thickness.

VU Sponsors