Become a Patron!

Quest for the perfect RTA/Genny

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello, i am new here and i was happy to see a 'flavor chasers' area!
Ive been vaping for 4-5 years and ive had many phases, but i always come back to tight-draw flavorful RTA's or small RDAs (I just got my first squonk) and i dabble with Gennys.

Anyway, I want to ask you guys what your favorite RTA/Genny/Flavor atty is. Right now i have a chalice 3, cyclone v1, Kayfun 3.1, KFL+v2, Squape reloaded and TFV4 (cause why not). Origen v2 genny is on my list of things to buy.

My perfect tank/genny would have something similar to this:

-Great Adj Airflow, im a MTL guy but if it has options for lung inhale too, cool.
-Anti-leak, this isnt high on the list but we can all agree its important.
-Can take multiple wicks- i have a soft spot for attys that i can use Mesh or Cotton on easily. (might pickup a nectar soon)
-FLAVOR!!!!!!
-ease of build, dont get me wrong, i love tinkering with my kayfuns, but the squape and other RTAs/Gennys just look so much more effecient at building/wicking. Then again, if its a b*tch to build but an absolute joy to vape, ill still try my luck with it.
-The smaller the chamber, the better for me.
-PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE. I never mind paying for top quality craftsmanship. i dont have a particular problem with cloning, but i love supporting our industry & the next guy's small business.

Let me know what your guys favorite RTA/Genny for flavor is, and if you know of any that meet my criteria that youd like to recommend, i would appreciate that! Theres so much new hardware hitting the market everyday im sure ive missed some, or overlooked some classic staples.

Take care and good vaping to you all

OMEGA VAPOR SUPPLY

VAPEOMEGA.COM
VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My suggestion would be the Gemini, Griffin, or Smok T4RTA. The SMOK T4RTA has prebuilt claptons and the flavor is absolute amazing. If you're dead set on a genny, the Avocado is pretty damn neat too.

They all have the features you're looking for. There is no need to drop 100 bucks on a great RTA.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
IMO, the Gemini is not a good flavor RTA. I get better flavor from the Griffin. Billow V3 might be an option.

Valdarious

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He also stated he is an MTL guy with options of lung hits. All of those are mostly sub ohm tanks build for more vapor. The Kayfun 3.1 sounds like you are pretty much already there with a very good MTL RTA. Don't get me wrong, I love my Gemini, probably my favorite tank, but I use that for lung hits, I use my Kayfun or Joy Egrip 30w for MTL.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
He also stated he is an MTL guy with options of lung hits. All of those are mostly sub ohm tanks build for more vapor. The Kayfun 3.1 sounds like you are pretty much already there with a very good MTL RTA. Don't get me wrong, I love my Gemini, probably my favorite tank, but I use that for lung hits, I use my Kayfun or Joy Egrip 30w for MTL.
I agree, that's why I mentioned the Billow V3. I think with the right build in it, and closing the airflow accordingly, you should be able to have the ability for MTL, and good flavor.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Genny style tanks are getting popular lately (theorem, haze, avocado...).
While meant for cotton and not mesh and while not completely leak proof due to the design, they bring out the flavor thanks to the top deck design.

Valdarious

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took a hiatus from looking at stuff online for a couple months and came back and found there was still interest in actual Genny's. I had no idea those were still popular, just shows the differences in the market. I personally like the Gennys when they were around, I had a Zap on my Provari back in the day, they were perfect for taking to conventions and trying new juice. The turn around on changing flavors on those was almost immediate.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I took a hiatus from looking at stuff online for a couple months and came back and found there was still interest in actual Genny's. I had no idea those were still popular, just shows the differences in the market. I personally like the Gennys when they were around, I had a Zap on my Provari back in the day, they were perfect for taking to conventions and trying new juice. The turn around on changing flavors on those was almost immediate.
In those days, I was happy to just build a good coil, and get the wicking right. Doing wicking with mesh wasn't my forte. :)

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Yeah im MTL, i was just stating on the 'perfect' tank, it would have airflow from pinhole draw to lung inhale. because i dont see a reason why it couldnt.
I like the stuff coming out these days. I just had to order myself a Kanger Dripbox to see what its about. I have no doubt that Kanger will make a pimped out TC/VW version, and the squonk market has never had a cheap, good and widely available squonker (correct me if im wrong!)

I also just bought a authentic Kayfun mini 3 off the classifieds, $50 and he threw in a KFL+v2 clone! i love it here! Im excited for that for MTL. heard its great. Next on my list is a good Genny, maybe Origenny. Thanks for the input everyone

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sat22 has great flavor but is MT only. Hobo 3 is my daul coil sqounker. Or twisted single coils center mounted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sat22 has great flavor but is MT only. Hobo 3 is my daul coil sqounker. Or twisted single coils center mounted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Alot of people like the hobo. do you prefer dual coils? i goofed cause i shouldve mentioned in my first post that im a Single coil kinda guy. i get too perfectionist on Duals and it bugs me. I think the Hobo is similar to the Rogue, both seem to be squonk staples for dual coilers. For me, i like the smaller BFs. I think that squonking will become fairly mainstream soon, especially with the Kanger dripbox i mentioned hitting the mass markets.
Ive given up dripping almost completely with RTAs and Squonks!

aje81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I highly recommend picking up a Hurricane only after you buy the Origenny!! I love my Hurricane for single coil MTL and it opens up to lung hits as well. The flavor is VERY good for a single coil RTA. Be warned it is a pricey tank but is my favorite single coil rta. I also highly recommend looking for an Aqua SE. This might be my most flavorful rta I own. It is dual coil and has a tiny chamber. It can be difficult to wick properly but once you dial this tank in it really puts out!! I personally love my Aqua SE and would rather have this over a Hurricane because I lean more toward lung hits than MTL. But this tank will comfortably do MTL as well. The adjustable airflow is a bit wonky and and has a slight wobble but it doesn't bother me. The flavor and performance more than makes up for it. It is also a very nice looking tank. I say go for the Origenny, Hurricane, and Aqua SE.

SteamBlower

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Le zephyr would be my choice, just got one and love it. Extremely versatile with loads of air options. Easy to set up with mesh. Can be built as MTL with mesh, or DL with cotton. Great taste, looks good and easy to fill.

Sent from my Q8H_HD using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Another option, the soon to be released Merlin RTA by Augvape

Philly_boy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Augvape Merlin is a single coil MTL or DL vapers dream tank! I amso like the iJoy Limitless. It gives the best flavor of all current genny style tanks. You can shut down the airflow and get super MTL hits off it without sacrificing flavor.

VU Sponsors