Become a Patron!

Question about new coils..

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
Got the Drop today and it's really nice! I got medium dragonscale alien coils today and when I installed them, it read at .08 ohms for dual but they were supposed to be .15 in dual. Why is this? Gave it another wrap and registered .145

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More wraps = longer length = higher Ω.

5 wraps on 28g will have a higher resistance than 5 wraps on 24g, subsequently 9 wraps will have a higher resistance than 6 wraps on the same wire gauge.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you measure ohm of 1 coil? Could be miss marked.... 2 0.15ohm coil would yield around .08ohms

Could have just been poor electrical connection.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
Did you measure ohm of 1 coil? Could be miss marked.... 2 0.15ohm coil would yield around .08ohms

Could have just been poor electrical connection.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I didn't measure just one, I just thought it was quite low considering that dashvapes claims they are .30 single or .15 in dual. Both measured .08

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
complex coils can read way lower than expected until you glow them and work out the hotspots. i wouldnt be surprised to hear that those came out to .15 as expected after you get them glowing evenly. try glowing them one at a time and then install them together once they are both working well.

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
complex coils can read way lower than expected until you glow them and work out the hotspots. i wouldnt be surprised to hear that those came out to .15 as expected after you get them glowing evenly. try glowing them one at a time and then install them together once they are both working well.
I tried that, but it took making another wrap to get them to ohm out to .15 each. Definitely won't be buying the aliens again.. Not as good as they're hyped up to be.

VU Sponsors