Become a Patron!

Question about Ohms and Nicotine strength

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I usually mix my juice at 6mg on my subtank mini at 0.5 ohm. Recently though, I've purchased a couple of 12mg Juice and I was wondering if I could still vape on my subtank of if the Nic is too high. Should I just build a higher ohm coil, and if so what should be my target resistance?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Generally speaking, the lower you go and make more clouds, you decrease your nic since you are inhaling 2-3 times the vapor. With the subtank, you get clouds no matter what unless you build higher and decrease wattage. Try shooting for 1.5Ohm and see if you like it.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I'll try that. If all else fails, I guess I can vape that new juice on my Kayfun.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The main reason I'm down to 6mg nic from 12 is sub ohming. When I got my first sub tank and .5 coil, I filled it full of the 12mg I'd been vaping for months. Got a head rush and a half, then got jittery, then a tad nauseous. Went to 6mg and haven't had a problem since. Matter of fact, soon as I go through the rest of my 6mg mixes I'm considering dropping down to a 3mg. Considering I started vaping in the beginning with a 30mg, I'm pretty proud of that. ;)

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I started with 24mg. Moved down to 18mg and was happy. Then I decided to build my own and started building my Kayfun a .1-.2 Nickel build on my TC. I had to drop to 4-5mg (I DIY) and may have to go lower. But, that's not bad news :)

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first sub tank, shortly followed by an RDA made me drop in nic level fast. When I I put down my last cig and bought my first vape, I was at 12mg. Within a week due to the amount I puffed on it, I dropped to 6mg. 12mg and chain vaping because I am a flavor junkie made me nauseous. I dropped to 6mg and was able to enjoy chain vaping all day.

Then I bought an Atlantis V2 with .5 ohm coils. 6 made me feel the same way 12 did, so I dropped to 3, where I remain a couple months later.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What was the resistance of your coil when you vaped 12mg?

Yeah I started with a 1.8 ohm kanger dual coil in a protank 3, vaping 12 mg..... Wanted to vape more often so dropped to between 6-10 mg, eventually settling at 6 after going through a variety of better tanks and batteries. A few puffs at 12mg should still be fine on a high ohm resistance / low wattage/voltage.

I'm used to 3mg on different .5 ohm coils / tanks now that I've gone Sub and started making my own juices. When my subohm tanks aren't the best choice to use (like at work indoors) I can still sneak a few puffs of 6 or 12 mg using my older setups.

VU Sponsors