Become a Patron!

Question about temperature in controlled nickel coils

bri66799

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes when I'm using temperature control coils and asked me if its a new coil or same coil if I push same coil it does not work good at all but if I push new coil it works like it is supposed to is there a problem with the unit or is this just the way temperature control works

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You must have an iStick 40w TC.

Yeah, sometimes it'll do that if you disconnect your tank, let alone replace your coil. I think when the device detects a difference in resistance from its prior reading (though I don't know what that threshold is), it will ask you the question.

I would just say always go with "new coil." This will lock the newly read resistance into the device, even if you didn't change the coil. The 40w TC is a little quirky, but it's still a great inexpensive stealth mod IMHO.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is happening is that the resistance of the coil is jumping around, so the mod thinks there is a new coil attached. If your mod has a resistance lock function, wait until the mod and atty are cold, enable the resistance lock feature. That will stop the mod constantly asking if there is a new coil.

bri66799

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have any eleaf tc40 and a joyetech evic vt and with kanthal .50 ohm the joyetech works wonderfully but does not work well with the nickel coil and the TC 40 Works very well with the nickel coil but even after setting it when its cold with the lock feature after a few minutes it does not perform the way I want it to I've tried prebuilt nickel coils and build my own and the same thing is happening it this is super frustrating because I enjoyed the nickel coil vape production

Sometimes when I'm using temperature control coils and asked me if its a new coil or same coil if I push same coil it does not work good at all but if I push new coil it works like it is supposed to is there a problem with the unit or is this just the way temperature control works

My old Heatvape Invader would do this every time I refilled my liquid and put the tank back on. It is best to just choose new coil. If you are using the same mod I mentioned before...do not hold the new coil button down for long because it will fire and increase the power setting at the same time...just be mindful so you don't crank up the power and get an awful hit

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
As already mentioned, you can just hit the new coil button and it *should* be okay. The only real issue is if the coil is really warm, then you will get a false reading and the settings will be higher than you probably want. I've actually blown a couple coils that way with my VaporFlask clone.

VU Sponsors