Become a Patron!

Question about using the stubby with a normal boor tank?

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I bought the stubby xray as my first billet style mod. I really thought I'd enjoy the stubby tank, but I don't at all. So, I've bought a mission orbit, veepon tita and the vandy vape kylin tank. I've noticed that once my battery percentage drop to about half or two thirds full, I start getting voltage drop pretty bad. Well, I'm not sure it's voltage I just know it starts hitting way weaker than it was. Its way more noticeable on the kylin I figure because it's mesh and I'm using higher wattage for it. I was just wondering if it's normal or if the block adapter you have to use for a normal size boro tank is the cause. I mean I had a voodoo drag x and I could use it at 80 watts all the way down to the cut off voltage and never noticed a voltage drop or anything. So, I know my battery's should be able to handle. Molicels p28as. I'm thinking it's gotta be the adapter because I also had a 510 adapter for the drag x and when I used it I noticed a huge loss in power. Idk but I really wish I had gotten the stubby 21 or the pulse aio! Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for such a long post!!

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have one so take with a grain of salt but there has been alot of chatter on reddit about the chip's poor battery management. It seems it is not accurate and throttles voltage when the battery hits 50%. Same chip in the Empire Squonk which tends to be ran at higher power and has gathered the most complaints.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Damn that sucks lol, yea mines practically dead after it drops to 2/3s battery life

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Check this out, it just started doing this today. It won't fire at half a battery, it was firing all the way down to empty it would just hit weak, now it won't fire at all, crazy man, I don't understand why vape companies wouldnt do a little more testing and actually tryin delivery quality over quantity.

Attachments

• VID_20230723_233957406.mp4
    19.2 MB

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
1 at a time:

First boro, so not another tank to try? If you haven't, take tank apart / pin out - see if it come out easy - put back in / tpgether. I had 1 that was jammed in, then worked , & they replaced it anyways since I couldn't tell if peek was damaged.

Take battery out and put back in, not that that helps, even if it works...battery contact?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1 at a time:

First boro, so not another tank to try? If you haven't, take tank apart / pin out - see if it come out easy - put back in / tpgether. I had 1 that was jammed in, then worked , & they replaced it anyways since I couldn't tell if peek was damaged.

Take battery out and put back in, not that that helps, even if it works...battery contact?
Was hoping yours was one without any issues.. 😑
None?

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
1 at a time:

It's vaping down to empty battery percentage now, so I guess that's better, I have bought a couple tanks mission orbit and the veepon tita, surprisingly the tita works best I can't get enough the right amount of cotton in the mission orbit it has tiny juice wells. If I put too little I get dry hits because the juice burns to quick and the cotton goes dry, if I stuff more in, it doesn't wick fast enough and I get dry hits, lol sometimes I'll get a whole tank of juice through and then it's starts drying hitting when I refill. When it's working it awesome, between that and the problems with the stubby I'm very disappointed 😞

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Was hoping yours was one without any issues.. 😑
None?
It's been good, but I'm finding I'm not fond of boro's.
I did have that issue with a black tank add on. but it worked after I unstuck the pin, and they sent new one.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
1 at a time:

I just put the stubby tank up lol, I had took apart multiple times, I changed the air flow pins they unscrew and screw in easy, I even tried to run it with no airflow pin and it still wasn't right, so I give up on it!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Probably more suited to RDL than anything else.
The Stubby tank is. "R" is too subjective, hence I think the need for numbers. IE RDL5 would be middle of the road for R, or some such. Have an addy you like with 5 for airflow, if looking at new or other and it's 5, then you know what it's like. Wouldn't even need to be all 10 numbers, could be every other number, or adjustable like 3-7. Same with puff counters, who counts their puffs lol, what does it help? lol. how many of those are actual puffs, or pulses, or purges, etc. A timer, now that's some thing we could actually use.

It's a little too "R" for me, even with a drilled flush nut @inganeer sent me. So I either throw another bill at it to find out if more AF, or not. I'm thinking not.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Probably more suited to RDL than anything else.

Some of the speculation was about the board being swappable and relying on contacts instead of hard wire, who knows....
Well they sent a new board I put it in today and it still doing the same, imma send this bitch back to element vape and buy a pulse.5 till I can get something with a DNA chip

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Stubby tank is. "R" is too subjective, hence I think the need for numbers. IE RDL5 would be middle of the road for R, or some such. Have an addy you like with 5 for airflow, if looking at new or other and it's 5, then you know what it's like. Wouldn't even need to be all 10 numbers, could be every other number, or adjustable like 3-7. Same with puff counters, who counts their puffs lol, what does it help? lol. how many of those are actual puffs, or pulses, or purges, etc. A timer, now that's some thing we could actually use.

It's a little too "R" for me, even with a drilled flush nut @inganeer sent me. So I either throw another bill at it to find out if more AF, or not. I'm thinking not.
When I was in the BB hole I used mine mostly for MTL. Tried a bit of RDL with the larger air pins and chimneys. Just went back to RDA's without really giving it a chance or much effort. That was like 500 bridges ago though and nothing fancier than a fused clapton around 30-35 watts.
I've always used the pins as my guide for MTL. Sweet spot for me was a 1mm with a 4mm chimney. Not .8 not 1.2 Same thing applies to rda and rta. No 1mm hole equals no go.
Thought the same might apply to the larger pins.

No clue what a puff counter is for unless you are trying to track something like trying to limit nic and reduce or something.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
No clue what a puff counter is for unless you are trying to track something like trying to limit nic and reduce or something.
Even then, counter can't discern between an actual puff and some other button press.
Like you said, what's a counter for? Can't accurately count puffs w/it, or see how many puffs your battery(s) last. A timer would give the best indication of charge time, imo.

VU Sponsors