Become a Patron!

Question for long time smokers turned long term vapors.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
one of the primary reasons I quit smoking was due to the fact that I simply couldn't keep up with my daughter when we played outside. She has so much energy, and I simply can't run around with her for long periods of time.

Have those of you who smoked for a great deal of time started to find your lung capacity and overall stamina increasing even though you still vape? It's only been about a month for me since my last smoke, so I'm not expecting the world just yet, but I'm hoping I start to see some results at some point in time.

Thanks everyone!

D.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Short answer: yes.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep and it keeps getting better and better as your lungs gradualy recover from your years of smoking.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, and I vape like a fucking locomotive.

FWIW, I've always been a cyclist - even when I smoked, silly me. My average speed has increased to non-smoker levels since I've started vaping. So I *know* my lung capacity has returned to normal.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There was a short time I was vaping a higher VG ratio. At that time I'd have said no. It made my lungs hurt and chest felt heavy. When I went back to a higher PG ratio, problem went away. So, yes. Much better with vaping than it ever was with smoking.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
100% vg for me and noticeable increase in energy and endurance. Very noticeable increase.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, and I vape like a fucking locomotive.

FWIW, I've always been a cyclist - even when I smoked, silly me. My average speed has increased to non-smoker levels since I've started vaping. So I *know* my lung capacity has returned to normal.

Hahah! I vape more than I ever smoked, and I can run, walk long distances and breathe so much better!

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks everyone for the light at the end of the tunnel.

D.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My breathing definitely improved. No longer do I wake up coughing, sinus infections are far less, fewer head aches, fingers are no longer yellow, no more ash trays to clean out and I don't smell like one. The list goes on and on. Just think, if you are a pack a day smoker you are smoking 600 cigarettes a month. Vaping has saved my life.

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's great that you getting along with your daughter more harmonious

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape a lot but I also used to smoke a lot. It's been 2 months since I quit smoking cigarettes and I don't get out of breath as easy. I don't have heartburn anymore. I was a menthol smoker. I love that I can actually smell things and that I don't smell like a cigarette. I've been smoking for 9 years. And I'd just like to say as a daughter who is a daddy's girl that is an awesome gift and very thoughtful

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For me it was night and day after a few months. A flight of steps at my house was a marathon. We had a big circle at the end of our drive way. We were trying to get my son to learn to ride his bike with out training wheels. He would get board and run laps around the circle. He said dad I will make you a deal. I said what's that. He said if you can beat me in a 3 lap race around the circle, I will take them off my bike. Even as a smoker I was quick, bit I burned out really fast. We started at the line and just before his mom said go, I looked at him and said you know I quit smoking 6 months ago. His face dropped and he said oh crap.

I vape max vg now. It took a little wind out of me, but not enough it is a issue. It could be the 15lbs I pit on since then too. That is more likely the culprit.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
one of the primary reasons I quit smoking was due to the fact that I simply couldn't keep up with my daughter when we played outside. She has so much energy, and I simply can't run around with her for long periods of time.

Have those of you who smoked for a great deal of time started to find your lung capacity and overall stamina increasing even though you still vape? It's only been about a month for me since my last smoke, so I'm not expecting the world just yet, but I'm hoping I start to see some results at some point in time.

Thanks everyone!

D.
Yes, it takes time, but yes. After I quit smoking I had a hell of a time climbing 2 sets of stairs at work and not getting winded. 3 years later I can climb 6 flights of stairs and not be winded or coughing up a lung.

drunkenbatman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
100% - I was a light smoker by the end, but after a year and change the doc said he can't even tell I smoked when listening to my lungs. Also, remember lungs are one part of the equation -- vaping won't suddenly make you fit and active.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good timing. Just last night, I was at a huge shopping complex. I somehow ended up coming out of the wrong door from the mall. I had to walk up a very long, very steep parking garage ramp that went up 3 levels. I got to the top of it and realized that I was not breathing hard at all. I felt like I had just walked the same distance on flat ground. Vaping success!!! A year ago, that would have been a lot harder.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Loverly Xmas present I get today... New posts in this thread.

Each one is like an extra push of support.

Love this place.

Merry Christmas.

D.

vRperism

Member For 5 Years
Loverly Xmas present I get today... New posts in this thread.

Each one is like an extra push of support.

Love this place.

Merry Christmas.

D.
Im on the same track with you too Dante:) we shall march on and never look back!

Congrats on ya first month and a Merry Christmas to you and everyone here!

steelgirl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been off smokes for a little over a year. I smoked for 40ish years. 2 PAD for many of those years. I still get kind of winded after walking at a very fast pace. But when I get to my destination, my breathing returns to normal very quick. Much quicker then when I smoked. And I don't break out with lung extracting coughing. I park my car about 2+ blocks from my office. I make the walk 4 times a day. Very fast pace. I was hoping that would give me a good work out. But I think I need to do more walking or some other aerobic activity.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I smoked for 39 years, Huffed and puffed going up flight of stares legs would tense up it was terrible. Every morning would wake up and cough with my cig in hand. Not to mention colds, hay fever lasted for weeks. Now I don't get winded only had one cold or flue and if I remember it lasted a few days. I just feel so much better and sex is so much better had to toss that one in lol

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was a 3 pack a day man last year, started vaping when I quit and I feel a lot better. No smoker's cough, no sinus infections, I don't stink, and I like being able to be inside when I vape. My girlfriend wanted me to quit smoking but cold turkey was a pipe dream for me. Started with the e cigs you pick up at a liquor store, moved to an innokin kit and so on forth and so forth. It becomes fun after a while you learn stuff you build better and better and I find that vapers are friendly and easy to talk to for tips. I've moved on to a King mechanical mod with a kangertech Genitank with plans for an aspire Atlantis in a few weeks and it's been fun. Congrats on quitting, and welcome to the world of vaping my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not been vaping for "years" but I can already tell a very big difference. Like Huck, if I do a LOT of max VG, it kills my lung capacity. I do not get winded anymore. Best of all, I do NOT wheeze at night and choke on phlegm anymore. This, after a few months. Within a week of getting off the stinkies, I no longer wheezed.

Second best decision I made in my life.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only been vaping a few months.
Only thing I've really noticed so far was lack of coughing a lot when waking up in the morning.

Wasn't a very heavy smoker though (about 2 packs a week) and I was already pretty active.
When spring comes I'll be able to compare other things.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been a smoker for 17 years and a vaper for the last 2.
Yes i can finally run (not that i do unless someone is chasing me).

D

Donald Bickers

I smoked for almost 35 yrs,2 pak a day,been vaping exclusively for almost 2 1/5 yrs,the difference is night and day in my health,no more coughing in the mornings,ill never be able to run for medical reasons,but I can walk my dog around the block without getting winded,Im convinced vaping has saved my life or at least extended it for a while longer.

VU Sponsors