Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it is running dual, dual coils at 1.8 each, will it essentially be running at .9?
http://www.kangeronline.com/products/aerotank-turbo-clearomizer

R0016022_1024x1024.jpg

lView fullsize image

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want this tank...bad.But I'm thinking i will need a mechie or a 30w box to run it safely. I am very excited by their promise to provide a lot more flavor with this build. Thanks for your help folks.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
really? I think that thing is the ugliest tank kanger has ever made.. but by logic I would assume that it would be .9 if its running 2 dual coils at 1.5 but someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think i like it because its ugly!

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you have 2 coils, that are 1.8ohm dual coils (i.e. there are two 3.6ohms coils combined in parallel to make one 1.8ohm dual coil).
Then I'm assuming this tank combines both of those in parallel as well, so you would have 4 3.6ohm coils in parallel, which comes out to .9 ohms.
.9 = 1/(1/3.6+1/3.6+1/3.6+1/3.6) = 3.6/4.
Not sure what device you are using, but you will need something that can handle 4.67 amps (4.2/.9), or possibly 4.11 amps (3.7/.9) if your device provides a steady 3.7v. That's not crazy high amperage, but it's more than a standard ego or similar device can handle.
Sorry for all the math. I'm at work, so I'm in math nerd mode. :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Blu, I like math, it makes the world go round.
I use a 3.7v regulated device now, the groove II, its my baby.
I was thinking that a DNA30 or other 30w to 50w devices would give me the ability to run it better.
but hey, if i'm going to go to a 30w device, I might as well go to a 50w device that would give me
the ability to use an RDA as well....
hmmmmm......guess Ill hold off on the new tank till I can get my hands on a new box first.
ShanMods....here I come.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks kinda Squape-esque, which is likely why you like it. ;)

I like it too, but I can already do duals on my Pulse-G if I wanted to. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking that a DNA30 or other 30w to 50w devices would give me the ability to run it better.
but hey, if i'm going to go to a 30w device, I might as well go to a 50w device that would give me
hmmmmm......guess Ill hold off on the new tank till I can get my hands on a new box first.
ShanMods....here I come.
You'll like Shan, she's a breed apart. :)
A real artist too. She actually used real spiderwebs to make designs on mods...that's being different eh?

Some of her work:

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/Vaticblade/media/2012-06-16_12-41-24_438.jpg.html

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you have 2 coils, that are 1.8ohm dual coils (i.e. there are two 3.6ohms coils combined in parallel to make one 1.8ohm dual coil).
Then I'm assuming this tank combines both of those in parallel as well, so you would have 4 3.6ohm coils in parallel, which comes out to .9 ohms.
.9 = 1/(1/3.6+1/3.6+1/3.6+1/3.6) = 3.6/4.
Not sure what device you are using, but you will need something that can handle 4.67 amps (4.2/.9), or possibly 4.11 amps (3.7/.9) if your device provides a steady 3.7v. That's not crazy high amperage, but it's more than a standard ego or similar device can handle.
Sorry for all the math. I'm at work, so I'm in math nerd mode. :)
That is incorrect with the Kanger coils If you run two Kanger coils at 1.8ohms then you will have a 1.8ohm device

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is incorrect with the Kanger coils If you run two Kanger coils at 1.8ohms then you will have a 1.8ohm device
I know that the dual coils register at their stated ohms, but wont the quad set up be divided like parallel coils do? I love complexity lol!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know that the dual coils register at their stated ohms, but wont the quad set up be divided like parallel coils do? I love complexity lol!
No bro remember ohms law when one says quad setup for simplicities sake just think of the turbo as 2 dual coils
Each dual coil is the ohm specified haha if I confused ya just send me a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks my man, I appreciate your time helping me!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
With all the creativity behind that.

Why didn't they make it with a glass tank!

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not familiar with the device, so maybe that's why I'm confused, but wouldn't this circuit contain 2 1.8 ohm resistors and therefore would contain a total resistance of .9 ohms.?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not familiar with the device, so maybe that's why I'm confused, but wouldn't this circuit contain 2 1.8 ohm resistors and therefore would contain a total resistance of .9 ohms.?
You are forgetting to divide by 2
so I made a RDA build last night wanted to get a bit higher than .3 ohms just kills me so
I build two coils each .5 ohms I put them in the RDA a TOBH anyway I fill them with japanese cotton remember two coils remember the crazy part is you add the resistance of both coils then divide by two :) Also some things that appear to be serial or parallel are not and that does change the way the final ohms will read.. So I have that cute little dual carto thing from Madvapes my GF got me I put two 1,5 ohm dual coil carts on it making it as the turbo says a quad what is my final ohm's... 1.5 if you need any other explanation the guys in the coil area know more than I I just build things and do not care about fancy builds where you braid your wire hehe :)

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are forgetting to divide by 2
so I made a RDA build last night wanted to get a bit higher than .3 ohms just kills me so
I build two coils each .5 ohms I put them in the RDA a TOBH anyway I fill them with japanese cotton remember two coils remember the crazy part is you add the resistance of both coils then divide by two :) Also some things that appear to be serial or parallel are not and that does change the way the final ohms will read.. So I have that cute little dual carto thing from Madvapes my GF got me I put two 1,5 ohm dual coil carts on it making it as the turbo says a quad what is my final ohm's... 1.5 if you need any other explanation the guys in the coil area know more than I I just build things and do not care about fancy builds where you braid your wire hehe :)
I'm not sure I follow. I have a pretty solid understanding of circuit analysis, and I'm not familiar with adding the resistances and dividing by 2. If you have 2 .5 ohms resistors in series, then you add the resistance and get 1 ohm of total resistance. If you have 2 .5 ohm resistors in parallel, then your total resistance is 1 divided by the sum of the reciprocals of each resistor, in this case 1/(1/.5+1/.5)=1/(2+2)=1/4 ohm. If you have a circuit with .5 ohms of resistance, adding a second .5 ohm resistor has to change the overall resistance.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ShanMods....here I come.
Math is the best! I do it all day!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure I follow. I have a pretty solid understanding of circuit analysis, and I'm not familiar with adding the resistances and dividing by 2. If you have 2 .5 ohms resistors in series, then you add the resistance and get 1 ohm of total resistance. If you have 2 .5 ohm resistors in parallel, then your total resistance is 1 divided by the sum of the reciprocals of each resistor, in this case 1/(1/.5+1/.5)=1/(2+2)=1/4 ohm. If you have a circuit with .5 ohms of resistance, adding a second .5 ohm resistor has to change the overall resistance.
Nope does not my friend I did not mean to sound as if I was questioning your intellect or knowledge but that is not right I suggest talking to the coil guys to explain I just build what I like and know how to compute it Its a series vs parallel issue

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
with an RDA for example I am running in series using the same positive pin that is why I am getting two .5ohm coils that are
Depends if it is serial or paralell :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sweet! thanks guys!

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope does not my friend I did not mean to sound as if I was questioning your intellect or knowledge but that is not right I suggest talking to the coil guys to explain I just build what I like and know how to compute it Its a series vs parallel issue
Hey, no offense taken (my intellect is doing fine). I'm not trying to be a dick, just don't want misinformation spreading. Either I just don't understand your explanation, or you have been misinformed. Check out this calculator to confirm what I'm saying: http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-paralresist.htm
There's also a good explanation of the math involved there. The algebra is somewhat different from what I explained, but it's all equivalent in the end.
I'm sure the coil people will confirm my understanding (I learned how to build coils through forums). I've observed these principles many times over while building coils as well as in other applications. This is the way it works.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats ok, I was born confused....wait...yeah, thats it. I was born that way!

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats ok, I was born confused....wait...yeah, thats it. I was born that way!
Hahaha. I don't think you need to be confused, your understanding was spot on from the beginning. Running 2 1.8ohm coils in parallel will give you a total resistance on .9 ohms. Still not sure what Scary is talking about.
I suppose it's possible the turbo puts the coils in series, but I don't see what the point of that would be. In that case, the total resistance would be 1.8+1.8=3.6.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I saw a review, where the turbo was tested with (2) 1.8ohm coils, BUT showed .8 ohm resistance o_O

Better use it on either a mech mod, or something like the Seven 30 variable mod; that can run down to .5

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, i plan on getting it to use on a ShanMod that I really want to get, but at the same time, I've been burning up kanger coils all week, I either got a bad batch or the shop I bought them at are selling knock offs...or the new invisiwic system just blows hard donkey cock.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been running the coils for months, and I've stumbled acrossed a bad/fake batch one time myself.

I've had the same happen with Aspire BDC coils; as well as nautilus coils, and it's a gutting feeling indeed. I'm going to start buying coils direct from kanger, and aspire this next go around. I'd rather spend the extra $1-2 a set, and KNOW I'm getting legit coils at this point.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just ripped this last coil open, it was three days old and it was so damn burnt, there was no wick left....Im starting to think its a design flaw, those stupid little holes are so small there is no room for juice to flow into the wicking area....grrrrr. Anyone know how I can open up the juice holes without damaging the coils?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger... Please!!!!!!
Why can't they make this rta... The giant was terrible,this will be worst...very nice design though!!
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I loooooved the giant....now falling out of love with it. Falling out of love with all things kanger at the moment lol.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have a lot of room for flexibility with this tank. The Turbo is a beast and will work great on mods. First ever quad coil, food grade stainless steel and 6ml for juice. I think these will fly of the shelves when vendors get them in stock. I like the look too. Reminds me of something to come out in an 80's science fiction tv pilot.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just ripped this last coil open, it was three days old and it was so damn burnt, there was no wick left....Im starting to think its a design flaw, those stupid little holes are so small there is no room for juice to flow into the wicking area....grrrrr. Anyone know how I can open up the juice holes without damaging the coils?
I really think you got a batch of fakes man, seriously.

I've had zero wicking problems on straight VG, and I Vape on these suckers to the tune of 5 ml a day! I'm a heavy vaper, and they never last me less than 4-5 days. Considering the workout I put them through, and NEVER having a dry hit?

After months; I don't think I'm just lucky.. Again, I did end up with a batch of fakes one time; that burned up very quickly indeed.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For anyone interested save your money the Turbo will be released soon and I will most likely have a place where you can get a good deal on them. Kanger is selling them on their site (sold out) at present for over $50. That's far too expensive. You don't have to spend that much. I'll keep you posted and try to save you some cash.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For anyone interested save your money the Turbo will be released soon and I will most likely have a place where you can get a good deal on them. Kanger is selling them on their site (sold out) at present for over $50. That's far too expensive. You don't have to spend that much. I'll keep you posted and try to save you some cash.
Keep us posted. I'm itching to buy one of these bro

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You got my word. It should be in about 2-3 weeks I will know more at that time.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, no offense taken (my intellect is doing fine). I'm not trying to be a dick, just don't want misinformation spreading. Either I just don't understand your explanation, or you have been misinformed. Check out this calculator to confirm what I'm saying: http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-paralresist.htm
There's also a good explanation of the math involved there. The algebra is somewhat different from what I explained, but it's all equivalent in the end.
I'm sure the coil people will confirm my understanding (I learned how to build coils through forums). I've observed these principles many times over while building coils as well as in other applications. This is the way it works.
You are correct I apologise I was thinking in reverse last night not much sleep apologies haha

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are correct I apologise I was thinking in reverse last night not much sleep apologies haha
No worries man, I've been there.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No worries man, I've been there.
For shits and giggles I just grabbled my double barrel my GF got me cause I love dual coil cartos it holds two cartos
so I put two 1.6 dual coil cartos in it and she is purring at .8 ohms and 23w on my Dna 30 haha its funny to look at but it does freak people out some so this is a quad coil... the cartos take mucho voltage as (Smoktech) dual coils
They recommend 5v for one I usually do 4.8 v but at .8 ohm I just cannot seem to like it over 4.4v 23w ;)

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For shits and giggles I just grabbled my double barrel my GF got me cause I love dual coil cartos it holds two cartos
so I put two 1.6 dual coil cartos in it and she is purring at .8 ohms and 23w on my Dna 30 haha its funny to look at but it does freak people out some so this is a quad coil... the cartos take mucho voltage as (Smoktech) dual coils
They recommend 5v for one I usually do 4.8 v but at .8 ohm I just cannot seem to like it over 4.4v 23w ;)
Nice man! Makes sense that you have to dial it back when in dual (or I guess in this case quad) mode. If you keep running it at 4.8v you get 28.8 watts in dual mode, twice as much as you get running 4.8v with just the single dual coil carto.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice man! Makes sense that you have to dial it back when in dual (or I guess in this case quad) mode. If you keep running it at 4.8v you get 28.8 watts in dual mode, twice as much as you get running 4.8v with just the single dual coil carto.
Yeah I did crank it to 5.v on my IPV V2 50w just as a test burnt nasty bad ;)

VU Sponsors