Become a Patron!

Question on using multiple tanks

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi,

So I have been bitten by the bug bigtime and have been amassing a collection of mods and tanks, and thus my question:

Is it best to leave tanks empty or with juice in them when they are not in use? I clean out my tanks when changing juices and only change coils when they are dead/dying, so is it ok to fill up with new juice and let it sit in the tanks when not in use?

Any help why/why not on this topic would be greatly appreciated. :)

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you read enough threads here, you'll notice people complaining about their tanks leaking if they sit too long, unused and full. My Subtank Mini leaks a little... maybe after 4 days to a week. I usually just vape the the juice out of them and put new wicks in... don't use tanks often.

If the tank's empty but there's still juice on the wick... I haven't done evaporation tests with VG/PG, but after much longer periods, even oils will evaporate and get gummy. The longest I've let a juicy wick sit in a Ziploc bag is maybe three weeks. Nothing bad happened. Not sure if room-temp juice degrades cotton.

The worst thing I've done is leave wet tank parts (water, not juice) in a Ziploc bag for two weeks. Thought for sure something would be rusty. Nope.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If there's a little juice left, I wash it out and let it dry, rinse the coils out and let them dry.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If I know I am not going to use a tank for a while I clean it out and store it dry. If it is in my rotation and it's only going to be a few days before I use it again, then I will store with eliquid in it.

-- via Tapatalk

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If I know I am not going to use a tank for a while I clean it out and store it dry. If it is in my rotation and it's only going to be a few days before I use it again, then I will store with eliquid in it.

-- via Tapatalk
thank to everyone, I am going to dry storage the ones I am going to change to fresh coils and keep the one's with new coils loaded and ready to Vape!

I appreciate the help and insight :)

VU Sponsors