Become a Patron!

Question: Smart mode

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm a newbie to the whole Vape MOD scene. I'm working off of a Revenger X and Serpent SMM combo and noticed recently after a change in coil and wick that the Ohms keeps changing on me. I'm not learned in the whole coil building of wattage/ohm/amps things but do understand the dynamics of ohms law in general.. I usually depend on smart mode to tell me whats the recommended wattage to vape at.

My previous coil builds recommended a 30 W but now its 20... I also noticed that my ohms starts off at 0.9 but throughout the day it goes down to 0.75 - basically it fluctuates since it also goes back up. I still adjust wattage to find the flavored sweet spot but was wondering why the changes.
Could it be the amount of saturation in the cotton that's creating the jumps?

Last edited:

whodat2112

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm no expert, but I find when my ohms "jump" on a coil that I've built it's because one of the grub screws aren't tightened all the way.
Hope this helps

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If it’s bouncing about suggest to me coils aren’t tightened or it’s dodgy 510 connection...did you remove the atty and set it back in place at room temp to set its initial resistance before heating?

Resistence will increase as you heat some metals depends what you used though in the coil, it shouldn’t really drop from initial setting

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checked on the connection and it was secure and tight. regardless I wanted to put in a different flavor so I took apart, cleaned, and re-wicked the setup; making sure the (same) coils were secured.. now my ohms pop up about 0.6 per smart mode.

WEIRD..

I up my wattage to about 30 when i vape.. think the sweet spot is around 28 though..

thanks for all the comments.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Have you tried just straight up wattage mode see if it does the same thing in there? Start low say 25w and work up until comfortable

It could be this smart mode causing the issue

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried just straight up wattage mode see if it does the same thing in there? Start low say 25w and work up until comfortable
It could be this smart mode causing the issue

Yep I have. Its just in the last build (using the exact same coils) it was jumpy.
the only thing changed was wicking and juice. . coils might have not been as tight tho

The flavor was always sweet at around 28.4.
;)

VU Sponsors