Become a Patron!

Questions about coil ohm's

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why do my coils in the istick 60w always show a higher number then rated? I have 1.6 ohm Atomizors and the istick sees it as 1.75 ohm, why is that?? Thanks, Rob

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Why do my coils in the istick 60w always show a higher number then rated? I have 1.6 ohm Atomizors and the istick sees it as 1.75 ohm, why is that?? Thanks, Rob
That is not very much of a difference. The coils could just be that ohm or just the mod is off a little on the reading. But not a issue, you should always go by what you like vaping, and forget about what it reads.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a .25 Ni200 coil in my Herakles and the IStick 60 reads .28, so, it's not real accurate, but for a $20.00 mod it's close enough.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. iStick isn't known as the standard bearer as far as quality control goes - the built-in reader could be off.
2. Manufactured throwaway coils don't tend to be the most accurate, either - I've ran them in a half dozen different tanks from different manufacturers, readings from 0.05-0.1 off of what they advertise is pretty typical.

But like @SMOKIE says, just go with how the vape feels and for the most part ignore the numbers - turn your power up or down to compensate for the bad readings/off coils/whatever's causing the problem that really isn't one...

VU Sponsors