Become a Patron!

Questions about tanks and coils.

So I am pretty new to all this, using this as a way to quit smoking and is it working!

I got a used mod from a friend, Smok Cube Mini 75W TC. I bought a tank to start out Vaporesso with ceramic coils. I feel I have grown out of that, and tbh it is terrible and should have done my research.

So looking into buying a new setup trying to keep my Smok mod I have questions so I don't blow something up.

I am looking at the
SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast Tank: http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/the-tfv8-cloud-beast <-- For an idea, and hoping that my Mod is enough.
I have 3 LG18650 3.7V 3000mAh and two LGDBHG21865 0334K 302AH batteries and have been reading that these may not be enough.

Am I going to big with even the basic coils? I want to eventually build my own but I need to research more on doing so, but this tank has both prebuilt and RTA coils so I was hoping to kill two birds so to say.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That may be a bit much for 75w device. It won't blow up your batteries, but you might go through 3 a day.

The Big Baby Beast would be a better choice, imo. I've been using the Baby for a couple of months now with great results. Great clouds and flavor. Not as great as the full-size Cloud Beast, but they only need around 50-60w to shine.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I am pretty new to all this, using this as a way to quit smoking and is it working!

I got a used mod from a friend, Smok Cube Mini 75W TC. I bought a tank to start out Vaporesso with ceramic coils. I feel I have grown out of that, and tbh it is terrible and should have done my research.

So looking into buying a new setup trying to keep my Smok mod I have questions so I don't blow something up.

I am looking at the
SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast Tank: http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/the-tfv8-cloud-beast <-- For an idea, and hoping that my Mod is enough.
I have 3 LG18650 3.7V 3000mAh and two LGDBHG21865 0334K 302AH batteries and have been reading that these may not be enough.

Am I going to big with even the basic coils? I want to eventually build my own but I need to research more on doing so, but this tank has both prebuilt and RTA coils so I was hoping to kill two birds so to say.
yeah 75 watts isn't enough to push the cloud beast at all. Look at the clieto, freemax starre pure, or smok baby beast they are all good under 75 watts. the cloud beast needs more then 75 watts to be good

Awesome, thanks.

I ordered the smok baby beast. Can't wait for it to get here, I am sick of the one I have now. Funny thing is I bought it cause I read that it was a guaranteed no dry hits, which is not true.

Thanks again for you help.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Awesome, thanks.

I ordered the smok baby beast. Can't wait for it to get here, I am sick of the one I have now. Funny thing is I bought it cause I read that it was a guaranteed no dry hits, which is not true.

Thanks again for you help.
the only true way to guarantee no dry hits is with temp control. some coils wick better then others but dry hits are always possible when chain vaping unless using temp control

the only true way to guarantee no dry hits is with temp control. some coils wick better then others but dry hits are always possible when chain vaping unless using temp control

I read that, problem is that the mod I have does not do TC for the kanthol coils, and I can not find another coil type for the tank I bought. So hoping the new tank will be an all around better buy.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I read that, problem is that the mod I have does not do TC for the kanthol coils, and I can not find another coil type for the tank I bought. So hoping the new tank will be an all around better buy.
It will. Baby beast wicks good. Just if u chain hit too much it'll burn so give it a second or two between hits to wick itself

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

I am looking at the

I doubt you would like that tank with your mod, since you should have over 115W to get a decent vape. It will run lower, but why not just get a tank that performs better on your mod? You can always buy one later when you upgrade the mod.

You probably should avoid TC until you are more familiar with your mod. VW is much easier and cheaper. Since you don't have to buy SS or Titanium coils.

I think the baby beast you ordered is probably better. I will say, if you want to really get into it, something like a Tsunami, kennedy, MutationX or TwistedMesses RDA are pretty cool. You have a lot more control over your wattage, clouds, flavor, etc than you do with a tank. But you do need to learn how to build coils to really enjoy them

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If your new do you prefer great taste or cloud?

I've used the TFV4, TFV8, Uwell Crown and some other shit leaky kangertech tank I won't even honour calling out

The crown is epic in terms of taste I still think it's a nicer tasting vape than the TFV8 beast, having said that I like getting the hit from the beast the clouds are insane but I hope your into DIY cause that baby drinks juice!

Getting the TFV8 over the 4 is a no brainer it's better it just is...

I'm not claiming I'm an expert in comparison to some of the seasoned vets on here in terms of trying out gear but these are my thoughts so far

VU Sponsors