Become a Patron!

Questions from Colorado:

What's up everyone? Just started vaping a few days ago and I got some questions, especially one in particular.
My setup:
Kangertech Kbox 120
2x IMR 18650 3.7V 2500MAH
Uwell Crown Tank (don't know the specifics of the atomizers/coils it came with)

b67c300892b51ad63dafd31cea4e083d.jpg

I've been vaping at 45W, .26Ohms, 0.00v going off of what the display says. I don't have an external charging bay so I've been using the micro USB on the Kbox. Last night I used an old iPhone adapter (the bigger kind) which I heard is a big no-no. It was on the charger charging from one bar for about 3 hours when I unplugged it. Used it a bit last night and this morning for a couple hours. Shared it with two people and one of them was taking HUGE hits and holding the fire button the whole time. So no more of that. I can't be buying juice/coils every f***ing day for other people. Now it's down to two bars and the day hasn't even started yet.

So, my question is did I ruin my batteries by charging it on the iPhone charger? Or did I kill it by being stupid and letting other people use my vape? Also, any other advice on my setup/settings would be appreciated. I already got a different USB wall adapter from the vape store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome welcome
Buy an external charger
And no ur batts are ok...

Vape On

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
What's up everyone? Just started vaping a few days ago and I got some questions, especially one in particular.
My setup:
Kangertech Kbox 120
2x IMR 18650 3.7V 2500MAH
Uwell Crown Tank (don't know the specifics of the atomizers/coils it came with)

b67c300892b51ad63dafd31cea4e083d.jpg

I've been vaping at 45W, .26Ohms, 0.00v going off of what the display says. I don't have an external charging bay so I've been using the micro USB on the Kbox. Last night I used an old iPhone adapter (the bigger kind) which I heard is a big no-no. It was on the charger charging from one bar for about 3 hours when I unplugged it. Used it a bit last night and this morning for a couple hours. Shared it with two people and one of them was taking HUGE hits and holding the fire button the whole time. So no more of that. I can't be buying juice/coils every f***ing day for other people. Now it's down to two bars and the day hasn't even started yet.

So, my question is did I ruin my batteries by charging it on the iPhone charger? Or did I kill it by being stupid and letting other people use my vape? Also, any other advice on my setup/settings would be appreciated. I already got a different USB wall adapter from the vape store.

I phone charger is fine for 18650 bats it is a 1 amp charger.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your mod probably charges at .5 amps. Charging two 18650's at that level will take a long time. Get two spare batteries and an external charger. It will be better for you and better for your batteries.

Before you buy more batteries or a charger, get advice from us on which ones to get. Crappy batteries or chargers can cause bad things to happen and unfortunately most vape shop employees know just enough to be dangerous. Best to consult this forum. Glad you found us. ;)

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Your mod probably charges at .5 amps. Charging two 18650's at that level will take a long time. Get two spare batteries and an external charger. It will be better for you and better for your batteries.

Before you buy more batteries or a charger, get advice from us on which ones to get. Crappy batteries or chargers can cause bad things to happen and unfortunately most vape shop employees know just enough to be dangerous. Best to consult this forum. Glad you found us. ;)
Here is using a I phone charger which is 1 amp. 1 amp is recommended for 18650 bats.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Noted on the batteries. Is it okay to use the USB in the mean time? Does it just not charge the cells enough or too unregulated or something?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the quick responses!

Noted on the batteries. Is it okay to use the USB in the mean time? Does it just not charge the cells enough or too unregulated or something?
What brand bats are you using?

Imren high drain rechargeable bat max: 40A

...May have found the problem, but that still seems like a lot of drainage.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you just unplug the charger after 3 hours or did the mod say battery charged and shut off? I would think a dual 18650 mod using the usb should take about 5-6 hours to fully charge.

Also vaping at 0.26 ohms is going to drain batteries fairly quick.

If this is your first mod are your expectations of battery life realistic? Not being a smart ass but trying to get info and help.

Last edited:

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have noticed that my battery life on the kbox 120 isn't that great...I use lg he4's and running it with either my crown, arctic v8, or tfv4 drains it pretty fast, for example I put fresh batteries (externally charged to full 4.2v) in this morning before going to work at 6am, vaping on my breaks and on the way home and I am at two bars remaining. Pretty much the nature of the beast... Vaping it around 90watts is just going to drain them fast, so always a good idea to have spares with you if you are going to vape in higher wattages... I do find that I get better life out of my Cuboid and of course my RX's. Overall it is a great mod and you have it paired perfectly with the Crown, although 45watts is kind of on the low end of that coils range, try 60-65 watts.

For batteries I typically order from www.illumn.com. They have great prices, usually right around $5ea for sony, samsung, or lg's. The 25r's are great, vtc 4/5's, lg hg2's and so on. They ship fast and send the batteries in plastic cases which you should have for carrying and storing your batteries. A good two bay charge like the efest luc s2, or nitecore digi 2 will serve you well and can be had for under $20.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't see any reason for concern. A charger is preferable, but not necessarily needed. I use the efest LUC, they're about $20. I wouldn't buy that brand of batteries though.

I vape the Crown .25Ω coil at 70 watts plus(2-4 second pulls,) at 45 watts it sucks.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hopefully someone with that mod will jump in and say how long battery's last them. I know when I'm chain vaping I can drain a pair of Samsung 25R's In a few hours that's why I have 14 batteries.

Imren's are ok batteries I still have one I'm using the other ones I had were 20A Samsung re-wraps.

If you do decide to get new batteries buy only Sony, Samsung or LG as they make the batteries and everyone else re-wraps there B stock.

I also suggest Liionwholesale.com as a trusted dealer with good prices.

I might also suggest you start a new thread in the Regulated mod section and ask About " Kbox 120 battery life " you'll get a lot more help. The folks on this forum are generally friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
  • I second liion wholesale. I'm currently running vtc5's in my koopor plus and can go a day and half. Some times 2 depending on how much I vape. I also have a second set charged ready to go.

VU Sponsors