Become a Patron!

Questions on the settings for coils type

I am really new at this I just changed my coil in my smok osub tc 80w for the first time I put in it a baby t8 coil I think I pressed some buttons by accident why trying to do this i need to know should it be set to ni200 titanium or steel I really need to know or of it matters what that is set to

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am really new at this I just changed my coil in my smok osub tc 80w for the first time I put in it a baby t8 coil I think I pressed some buttons by accident why trying to do this i need to know should it be set to ni200 titanium or steel I really need to know or of it matters what that is set to
Your vaporizer (a.k.a. a mod) should be set to wattage mode (a.k.a. power mode). Ni200 and titanium and SS (stainless steel) are only for when you make the coils yourself with those materials.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What material is the coil made from? Which coils are you using?
Post pic if coil if you don't know......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a Kanthal coil. It is ONLY for wattage mode, as I said -- NOT TC.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That wouldn't happen.... the mod just wouldn't fire.. automatically switch to VW mode.... or at worse give you a nasty tasting vape.

I was going to say the same but I wanted to commend him on being safe instead of going balls-to-the-wall and just seeing what happens.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just don't want FEAR to be basis for safe vaping.

Fact Is vaping regulated IS safe..... Vapers sometimes can be unsafe.

VU Sponsors