Become a Patron!

Quick Battery Question

ModularMist

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey there,

So i have recently picked up vaping (about a month and a half ago) and have picked up the "hobby" bug. As I write this, my first 18650 battery mod (smok al85), an RTA (kylin), and coil building gear is in transit to my home via USPS.

I just had a quick question regarding my battery. I know that you should always "marry" your batteries to their associated device, but would it be ok to use the same battery in my al85 as I use in my ohm meter? It seems unnecessary to me to have a dedicated battery for my ohm meter, but again, im new. I could be completley wrong here. Any advice?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Married batteries are a pair of batteries, you can use them in other devices but they always stay together. Doesn't apply for single batteries, but single batteries should always stay single and not paired, fine to use them in other single battery devices.

What I do is use a label maker, mark if married or single and the date. Also if married each married pair have a matching symbol so they don't end up swinging with other pairs.

Drake m

Member For 2 Years
You can never have to many batteries. I have 10 pairs always fully charged and in rotation on the 4 mods the rest are built in bats. Inspect the plastic covering every so offten for rips and stuff dont want a bat to explode or leak cuz of neglect. I always fully charge mine and never let them die completely(new pair at about 1/4 ish)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You marry batteries to each other, not to gear. I have several mods and don't worry about which batteries I use with which mod. All my builds and coils have similar resistance and vaped at mid wattage.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Marrying batteries means to each other and not the home they live in or car they drive!

Last edited:

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always wondered this as well..thanks for clearing that up..Thought If I bought another mod I need 2-4 more batteries. Good to know I can use the ones I already own :D

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
On a side note, good luck on getting that RTA to work, to any kind of satisfaction. Al85 is a single battery mod, even RTA run at low wattage with a good custom/diy coil build, is tricky and not recommended. I had to upgrade my beginner mod, which was the al85 to a 220/200 mod, or at least a 150w. You can stick with your mod of course, but I doubt you are having any luck with that. Better off with the tfv baby or big baby rba, if you don't want to go tank with prebuild coils of course, I personally don't like em, but that would be more recommended. My 2cents.

Drake m

Member For 2 Years
Just cant go to complex on the build with a single battery. keep it stupid simple you probly wont be doing an alien or something right off the bat any how. Its all goimg to depend on what size battery you got.

VU Sponsors