Become a Patron!

rayon flavor adjustments

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i read somewhere that when using rayon to wick,, you dont need as much flavor........but i can't remember if the poster said 'use only 1/3 or to cut flavoring by 1/3'

i noticed that when my topbox gets low into the airhole range with a flavor,,, i tend to top off with nonflavored (the next refill is flavored,,,the same or dif,, dont matter) that there seems to be 'just enough' of the old flavor to give a decent flavor of the nonflavored juice..

anyone have a decent ratio they use to cut their flavoring with rayon?

huge THANKS for any input

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use rayon and japanese cotton depending - I've never, ever had to adjust my flavoring!
noted,, i cant remember/find the details of where i read it. in my case i think i can cut the flavoring some...flavors are coming thru quite nice and sharp on rayon.. but i dont need them that sharp.....(2 weeks ago i couldn't imagine that :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
noted,, i cant remember/find the details of where i read it. in my case i think i can cut the flavoring some...flavors are coming thru quite nice and sharp on rayon.. but i dont need them that sharp.....(2 weeks ago i couldn't imagine that :)
Many things affect how much flavoring you need, including your tastebuds changing, equipment, and wattage. Just make what tastes right to you!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use less flavoring all the time, but I attribute that to taste buds being happier not smoking. I do get better flavor with rayon, but I've not heard, before now, that rayon allows you to use less flavor. And some juice is just really flavorful, too.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use less flavoring all the time, but I attribute that to taste buds being happier not smoking. I do get better flavor with rayon, but I've not heard, before now, that rayon allows you to use less flavor. And some juice is just really flavorful, too.
i will keep searching for the information,,, in a 'lost memory nutshell' the thesis was basically rayon vaporising cleaner allowed for lower flavoring. i'll send you some info if i ever find it :)

i know that humidity has played a major role in taste,, so much so that i bought 2 humidifiers and i live in Houston!,, where humidity was/is born hahaha :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i will keep searching for the information,,, in a 'lost memory nutshell' the thesis was basically rayon vaporising cleaner allowed for lower flavoring. i'll send you some info if i ever find it :)

i know that humidity has played a major role in taste,, so much so that i bought 2 humidifiers and i live in Houston!,, where humidity was/is born hahaha :)
Drinking a lot of water is important. If the air is dry of course you need even more.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the wick ever affects the flavor.... I know I did something wrong. Correctly wicked the wick carries juice to the coil and imparts NO flavor. I start tasting wick. There a problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have found that with "Some" of my RTA's I have to lower my Nic level when running Rayon, but I have not had to adjust for flavor. I have to stipulate that I run either Menthol or Unflavored (which really does have some flavor to it).

VU Sponsors