Become a Patron!

RDA burns the holy crap out of my throat

So I've had a .2(something) ohm build on my mech mod that didn't really hit hard, but I could tell that something was starting to feel wrong. So once I had got my box mod it would be ok at around 10-30 watts but if I cranked it up any higher it would burn the holy shit out of my throat like I was inhaling acidic metal, I felt like it was my coils so I mad a new built that came out to around .3(something) ohms and wicked it pretty good, so now im thinking I "over" wicked it. So Im asking for your guys help before I waste anymore cotton, I clean my RDA fully by taking the screws out and clean dow. The holes and all around I even took the center post out and cleaning that, I didn't wash it out but I dont be live that would do it. My juice it just fine its 5 nic with 90/10 and is still good. But it taste like straight burning cotton so I might have just over wicked or did I build to low and the coils are burning out or what I used a 5 wrap 28 gauge wire.
272cedefc960ef6864b6caa1ddf888dd.jpg
I was using it so it was a little dry but plz help its really pissing me off because I have had this problem before but changing the coils did the job

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By looking at that pic I can tell you that your coils are way too small in diameter. Use a 3mm mandrel and wrap your coils larger. What gauge Kanthal are your using? For a dripper like that, I would use 24-26 Gauge Kanthal. Bigger coils means more surface area for the wick to contact, meaning more vapor. I think that the combination of small coils plus lots of power is giving your the harsh throat hit.

What nic level are you using and what % of PG/VG? With Drippers, it is better to go High % VG over PG. PG will hit the throat hard with the volumes of vapor RDA's put out.

Lol I said everything you asked in the description but I use 90/10 vg/pg 5 nic and 28g. this time I put a bigger wrap came out to .5 ohms but still get the same thing and i wasnt even use much power i was using about 45 watts. so I'll consider getting 24-26g wire and its the dodge 2 RDA. I think its the wire though honestly

Caboose

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree with Zam, your coils looks very small. All of my builds on my RDA are using 3mm diameter coils, 5-6 wraps of 24 or 26 gauge. Your running a decent amount of wattage through a very small coil and it probably just can't wick fast enough.

VU Sponsors