Become a Patron!

RDA for huge clouds

Guys, can i ask for help? newbie here about vape. just like to ask, what RDA for cloud chasing do you recommend when i'm using the evic vtc mini?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome! I am loving the Velocity right now. Mods are cheap in price anymore. Any questions you have will get answered because were a great Family. :):cool:

How bout variable mod, what can you suggest for a variable mod that is only required to use 1 batt and is good quality?? Thanks in advance for the help :)

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How bout variable mod, what can you suggest for a variable mod that is only required to use 1 batt and is good quality?? Thanks in advance for the help :)

For a single 18650 battery mod, check out the IPV D3. Good sale in it now, link on Vapor Joe's.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vicious Ant makes a 26650 28.5 mm 5 pole atty that rocks. Goliath is the model. Fast Tech has them. About 12.00

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
comparison : ipv d3 vs evic vtc mini? Thanks again in advance :)
Well, having both, I personally prefer the Evic VTC mini.

If you are wanting to get into clouds though, it is likely you will be running at a fairly high wattage-a dual 18650 device may be much more suitable for your needs, due to the battery life you will experience. Any single, 18650 powered mod I find is not the best if you are looking for clouds with a dripper.

Sure, it will work, but battery life will suffer. That is, unless, you are not after humongous clouds at high power, you can achieve decent clouds at a lower wattage with a dripper, but just by what you are asking, I feel you are after bigger clouds. I apologise if I am wrong.

There are many good mods out there, I own a fair share of them, and at its price point, I really, really like the Cuboid. It is also small for a dual 18650, regulated mod.
It can be had for a similar price to the Evic VTC mini, and offers 150W. (It does offer 200W with an update, but it is classed as a 150W device).

Well, having both, I personally prefer the Evic VTC mini.

If you are wanting to get into clouds though, it is likely you will be running at a fairly high wattage-a dual 18650 device may be much more suitable for your needs, due to the battery life you will experience. Any single, 18650 powered mod I find is not the best if you are looking for clouds with a dripper.

Sure, it will work, but battery life will suffer. That is, unless, you are not after humongous clouds at high power, you can achieve decent clouds at a lower wattage with a dripper, but just by what you are asking, I feel you are after bigger clouds. I apologise if I am wrong.

There are many good mods out there, I own a fair share of them, and at its price point, I really, really like the Cuboid. It is also small for a dual 18650, regulated mod.
It can be had for a similar price to the Evic VTC mini, and offers 150W. (It does offer 200W with an update, but it is classed as a 150W device).
Thank you for that advice :) i just want to know more about the device use for vaping and what are the things that will satisfy my needs :)

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpeg Mutaion X v4 here and...(drum roll please)
I just got this! Fogwind Alliance V2! Massive post holes, super deep juice well, and creates clouds like A Texas Storm.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmmmmmm i'm choosing between these 3 RDA's, mutation x v4, samurai v2, baal v3..any suggestion,comments,advice? :)
I would say the samurai is a little small for big clouds, I would say that is more for flavour chasers by its flat, derringer style.
The baal is OK, I don't own the mutation V4 yet. EDIT: Sorry, I own the OG baal, not the V3.

If I had to pick from the 3, based on experience of RDA's, I would choose the mutation-although you can't go wrong with a Velocity in my opinion :). Lots of people have it, but there is a reason why they do.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would say the samurai is a little small for big clouds, I would say that is more for flavour chasers by its flat, derringer style.
The baal is OK, I don't own the mutation V4 yet. EDIT: Sorry, I own the V2 baal, not the V3.

If I had to pick from the 3, based on experience of RDA's, I would choose the mutation-although you can't go wrong with a Velocity in my opinion :). Lots of people have it, but there is a reason why they do.
Have you checked out the Fogwind Alliance v2+? It comes with 3 different air flow barrels, 3 different drip tips, 3 different positive posts 1 double T style and 2 singles copper and SS, and a single and double coil air flow attachments that unscrew from the top Heat Sink, removable bottom Heat Sink, screws, o-rings, spare peek insulators, and a cooling extension for the barrel. It is a Beast! And all that for $50.00. And the juice well!!!! Massive!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you checked out the Fogwind Alliance v2+? It comes with 3 different air flow barrels, 3 different drip tips, 3 different positive posts 1 double T style and 2 singles copper and SS, and a single and double coil air flow attachments that unscrew from the top Heat Sink, removable bottom Heat Sink, screws, o-rings, spare peek insulators, and a cooling extension for the barrel. It is a Beast! And all that for $50.00. And the juice well!!!! Massive!
I did see your post about it, I liked it as I really liked the look of it.

By the sounds of it, I think I want one myself. I usually vape at pretty sedate levels, but do enjoy a higher powered fun blast every now and then.
I will have a look for it in the UK, I like deep juice wells, the only thing I dislike about RDA's? Having to drip lol!

I also like the cooling extension for the barrel, is it similar to the mutation, I can't remember which version, and extends the top, or is it more like a heatsink?EDIT: I have found it in the UK, it comes with a lot!
Also, how is the flavour from it? I understand it is more for clouds, but I do like nice flavour with my clouds :).

Thanks man.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

By the sounds of it, I think I want one myself. I usually vape at pretty sedate levels, but do enjoy a higher powered fun blast every now and then.
I will have a look for it in the UK, I like deep juice wells, the only thing I dislike about RDA's? Having to drip lol!

I also like the cooling extension for the barrel, is it similar to the mutation, I can't remember which version, and extends the top, or is it more like a heatsink?EDIT: I have found it in the UK, it comes with a lot!
Also, how is the flavour from it? I understand it is more for clouds, but I do like nice flavour with my clouds :).

Thanks man.
The extension almost a doubles the size, and unlike the plastic threaded mutation its SS and press fits.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Thanks man.
The flavor is almost as good as my Mutation X v4, it isn't bottom air flow, but with all the options you can really tweak your vape to perfection. So to answer your question, the flavor is really great.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you guys for your advice, how bout Wismec Indestructible RDA? any comments? helping a friend :)
The Mutation is easier to build on, just from looking at it, and with the Mutaion X v4S you get a Velocity style build deck with bottom air flow. They are only $21.99 on Vaperoyalty.com and I have ordered several items from them and they are really good to their customers.

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
best rda for huge clouds is always going to be the one with the largest deck. drop in some fat coils with monster surface area. drill out extra airflow. done!

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Best builds for clouds arent from specialty wire nor do they use giant decks...
A 20g 5 wrap dual coil on a simple 3 post deck will blow crazy amounts of vapor...
Most comp rdas are little 3 post bullets and the post holes arent that big either.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
rdas with the largest decks have the greatest overall potential. there is no replacement for displacement and rdas have no blowers!

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
rdas with the largest decks have the greatest overall potential. there is no replacement for displacement and rdas have no blowers!
Ok..:. I'm curious, what do you consider a large deck, and which attys. What I consider small...ish, might be large to you. martnargh is right, about comp attys being smaller, and the Mutation X series is in the top 5 Comp winners, that's not a big deck in my opinion and the Doge series are smaller as well.

Last edited:

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
comp attys are smaller depending on the class. large attys in outlaw classes include the buddha and anything over 30mm! tube class attys are always going to be smaller because there is only so much power you can push to them and there would be way too much air volume for density.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Comps have always been with tube mechs..... i thought those were the comps we were talking about. Didnt know there were other comps.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IMHO it's all about knowing how to use the tools you possess.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Comps have always been with tube mechs..... i thought those were the comps we were talking about. Didnt know there were other comps.

Most Mech Mods are not capable of safely handling super sub ohm builds. Now I did say most, some can, but when you get down around .1 ohms single battery tube mechs will not Safely power them. I am in total agreement with you that for pure cloud production single wire builds will produce with no issue, and I don't believe that you have to have a 40mm Fat Boy with 8+ coils to generate a massive cloud. I chuk some thick beasts with my Alliance V2, and I have a pic of one using a Staged Clapton in that little 22mm monster. As for Cloud Comps today, some have made provision for VV/VW mods, I just watched one on YouTube that obviously had no rules regarding mod type, it was just as simple as; "The biggest cloud wins".

YouGotEJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The Phenotype-L RDA. It has ridiculous airflow and enough space to build whatever you need. A 2 post design makes building a dream.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to make a correction. When I bought my Alliance V2 I thought I was finished. I just got a 13Heavens 9Hells in the mail yesterday. This thing has tons of room, huge holes, massive well, and will Fog Out a Room.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
13h9h is one of my fave rdas... i used it with my noisy cricket but left it on the roof of my truck and drove off by accident, so thats all she wrote. probably going to get it replaced... the rda not so muxh the cricket.
as for comps.. there are 3 diff "modes" ive heard of... one is straight tubes, sometimes the host will set an ohms limit, usually its .1. Theres one for tricksters, which gives em like 60 or 90 secs to do your best tricks. then theres like an anything goes cloud comp where you can bring in any mod, any build, anything and whoever blows the biggest wins. people with pwm boxes will probably always take those...
star of the night is always tube mods though... biggest prizes always goes to tubes..
just saw one the tube contest won 1000 bucks... not too bad, i wouldnt mind 1000 bucks to chuck some clouds, right?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
13h9h is one of my fave rdas... i used it with my noisy cricket but left it on the roof of my truck and drove off by accident, so thats all she wrote. probably going to get it replaced... the rda not so muxh the cricket.
as for comps.. there are 3 diff "modes" ive heard of... one is straight tubes, sometimes the host will set an ohms limit, usually its .1. Theres one for tricksters, which gives em like 60 or 90 secs to do your best tricks. then theres like an anything goes cloud comp where you can bring in any mod, any build, anything and whoever blows the biggest wins. people with pwm boxes will probably always take those...
star of the night is always tube mods though... biggest prizes always goes to tubes..
just saw one the tube contest won 1000 bucks... not too bad, i wouldnt mind 1000 bucks to chuck some clouds, right?

Suicide Bunny is hosting one at The Bomb Factory in Dallas on July 25, $15,000.00 1st place.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I live here so I'm thinking about entering.
Single Battery
Tube Mech
.1 ohm minimum
20 gage maximum
Single Wire (Dual coil allowed)

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Suicide Bunny is hosting one at The Bomb Factory in Dallas on July 25, $15,000.00 1st place.
thats pretty bad ass... 15k is a lovely amount of loot. good luck dude.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mutation v5 or Velocity Tobeco clone, for new builder? Want option for 510 drip tip, deep juice well, 2 post, and something that might last. Others in this class, for both clouds and flavor? Sort of ruling out the ones with bottom airflow, or only a chuff cap..... that narrows the field considerably.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mutation v5 or Velocity Tobeco clone, for new builder? Want option for 510 drip tip, deep juice well, 2 post, and something that might last. Others in this class, for both clouds and flavor? Sort of ruling out the ones with bottom airflow, or only a chuff cap..... that narrows the field considerably.
strongly recommend the mutation v5.and tsunami is known by more people,I got it too,but to be honest,I think mutation v5 would be better than it definitely

VU Sponsors