Become a Patron!

RDA no flavour?! :(

flynncrem

Member For 1 Year
I am a new vaper and got my first one 3 weeks ago. I wanted to start Vaping for flavour (i have never smoked, hence why I vape 0 nicotine) so I got myself a Voopoo Demon RDA sitting on a Voopoo Drag 157... I read how RDAs give the best flavour, so I got my essentials too; cotton bacon, demon killer 8-in-1 coils and some fantasy lemonade, although I am now vaping Hula strawberry doughnuts

Anyway, the first build I made was 2 Clapton’s reading 0.16 and now a dual alien build reading 0.22... although the vapour production is great, I get hardly any flavour compared to my friends who use tanks (TFV8 baby beast with fantasi lemonade and It tasted sooo much better than my rda but obviously less clouds) and I would consider myself a flavour chaser as I only care about flavour. No matter what air flow or wattage I use, normally around 80, I get little or no flavour and it confuses me as I thought RDAs are amazing for flavour
P.s. my cotton keeps sitting in the middle, ‘wick collapse’ or whatever and I don’t know why...but I know this isn’t the reason wh there is no flavour as there is no flavour even when the wick is fresh

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I am 200% againsts vape-cuz-it's-cool. Sadly, I must admit I managed to get an EE interested enough to Vape, and he had never smoked. (yes, I want to hurt him and myself).

I am fully aware that Vaping can also help folks with eating issues, and would love to hear why else it would be acceptable - but, I am sorry: I have no interest in poseurs vaping for "cool".

I will help anyone that HAS smoked for years to cope and cease. I don't care if they vape forever; Hell, I don't even mind smokers. I just get hugely peeved with nonsmokers vaping. (and don't even remind me about celebs and their dopesticks).

Good luck.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am a new vaper and got my first one 3 weeks ago. I wanted to start Vaping for flavour (i have never smoked, hence why I vape 0 nicotine) so I got myself a Voopoo Demon RDA sitting on a Voopoo Drag 157... I read how RDAs give the best flavour, so I got my essentials too; cotton bacon, demon killer 8-in-1 coils and some fantasy lemonade, although I am now vaping Hula strawberry doughnuts

Anyway, the first build I made was 2 Clapton’s reading 0.16 and now a dual alien build reading 0.22... although the vapour production is great, I get hardly any flavour compared to my friends who use tanks (TFV8 baby beast with fantasi lemonade and It tasted sooo much better than my rda but obviously less clouds) and I would consider myself a flavour chaser as I only care about flavour. No matter what air flow or wattage I use, normally around 80, I get little or no flavour and it confuses me as I thought RDAs are amazing for flavour
P.s. my cotton keeps sitting in the middle, ‘wick collapse’ or whatever and I don’t know why...but I know this isn’t the reason wh there is no flavour as there is no flavour even when the wick is fresh
Post some pictures...could be several related items which compromise flavor.

flynncrem

Member For 1 Year
Post some pictures...could be several related items which compromise flavor.
Just put in a fresh Build, alien coils reading 0.22 (although single is 0.36 so dual should be 0.18) and I spaced the coils out as I’ve read this increases flavour. I raised the coils and put them as close as possible to the airflow. Just charging now hopefully there’s a change but I doubt it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg