Become a Patron!

RDA on 20W mod

mcVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys

I am wanting to order a mad hatter rda for my Kanger K-Simar 20 Gravity Mod but was told that 20watts is to low for dripping. Is this true?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not entirely buts it's pushing it.
28-32g is gonna be your range for wire.
you can build for it since the mod will fire to .5 but don't expect to be blown away with massive clouds and flavor.
I would build it as a dual 32g with7-8 turns@2mm and aim for .7ohm

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe get something cheap that's 50 watts

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I enjoy RDA's at 15 to 20 watts. 28/ 30 / 32 kanthal. Plenty of flavor. Taste is subjective, try it, and determine for yourself

mcVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have ordered a Kanthal GA 30 on ebay, will give it a shot. From what I have seen on Youtube, the 50 watts is to dry?? What is a decent mod for dripping?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi guys

I am wanting to order a mad hatter rda for my Kanger K-Simar 20 Gravity Mod but was told that 20watts is to low for dripping. Is this true?
I'm assuming you're new The RDA idea and are curious if you cam give it a shot without getting another mod. Or is another mod a necessity to try.
No not at all! Especially if you're new to it. You probably will eventually want more power but to try it you're fine.
You will have to build within the parameters of your mod... maybe 28-30g wire and 1-1.2ohm coil. You definitely wanna go with a single coil, and yo won't be winning cloud comps; but 20w in a single coil RDA can be quite a satisfying, well performing vape.

Some people forget that it wasn't long ago where 20 was shitting in high cotton. My first attempt at it was a provari, with a 1.4 ohm, coil on a patriot. I would have vaped a pigs ass for 20w.

Last edited:

gliv52759

Member For 4 Years
I have ordered a Kanthal GA 30 on ebay, will give it a shot. From what I have seen on Youtube, the 50 watts is to dry?? What is a decent mod for dripping?
You're gonna find yourself to be very disappointed in the future for not getting a device with more watts. 30g kanthal is a little difficult to work with and it limits your build options a lot. The more you experience dripping you're gonna find the 50w is a good range for drippers. With some builds I find that 50w isn't enough at times.

mcVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha vaped a pigs ass:D Will try this 20 watt, already dedicated to building the coils, or should i say coil, for it...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
haha vaped a pigs ass:D Will try this 20 watt, already dedicated to building the coils, or should i say coil, for it...
Awesome,just like everyone said, the norm is people start looking for more power. But, you'll know after a some time with that you've got!
Enjoy!

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can get RDAs that are designed for anywhere between 7-100+ watts. IMO the Mad Hatter is designed for the higher end of that range, but I don't have one, I only had a look at it online and that's just my opinion from looking at a picture.

If you try to set this up for 20 watt use with 30 gauge wire you have 2 options - a single coil that I would aim for 1.7 ohms with, or dual coils at 0.6 ohms total. The single coil build will be the warmer vape at 20 watts, but you'll have to be careful not to go lower than 1.7 ohms or IMO you'll start burning juice at 20 watts and you'll have to lower the power.

That RDA has two large air flow channels from under the coils that you can close down (and you will want to close them down at 20 watts), but if you use a single coil I think you'll want to close off the other one completely or you'll lose a lot of vapor and flavor.

Best of luck with it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to use a vicious ant Cyclone dripper with 32 Gauge coils and a 15 Watt Vamo V5. Worked well for me. 20 Watts is fine, just don't expect massive clouds, aim for max flavor.

mcVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the solid info. Very helpful indeed!

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great question McVape!!!! This has helped me as well.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got by with a Patriot RDA running 20 watts on my IStick 20 worked ok, but it's much better with more wattage. You can find a KBox 40 for under $20 online at several places. You will need a battery and charger to use it though.

VU Sponsors