Become a Patron!

Rda with two 0.5 ohm fuck up the battery of my ijust 2?

Mclayno

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im a beginner just got into vaping to quit smoking.
Im planning to buy the cigreen dragon rda and put 24gau kanthal a1 premade coils.
I need advice if its going to work or not. Thanks in advance to whoever can help.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds like a normal build. Specs say not to go below 0.15. had to look it up, so check your user guide if you still have it.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The ijust2 is rated for a .30 ohm coil so, I don't think it would fuck it up per say...However two .5 coils together would make a .25ohm load so it may not fire..You want two 1ohm coils to get .50 ohms..Luckily for you it has a protection circuit built in.

Mclayno

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I already have the premade 24gau kanthals its says its 0.5 ohm.
Is it ok if ill just put a single coil?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If "ONE" coil is rated at .50 then 2 will end up being .25 ..One coil at .5 will work just fine and is within the limits of the mods rating.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you want dual coils to end up at .50ohms then you need to buy 1 ohm pre made coils.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Eleaf makes a .18 ohm dual coil, so I suspect that a .25 ( IIRC .5 x 2 = .25) ohm dual coil should work just fine, but that is purely a guess since I don't have one to test with.

Here is what they advertise for the iJust2:

ECL Head Specifications:
  • Dual Vertical Stainless Steel Coils
  • Organic Cotton Wick
  • Compatible With VW & TC
  • Large Wick Inlets
  • 50W - 80W (0.18Ω)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eleaf makes a .18 ohm dual coil, so I suspect that a .25 ( IIRC .5 x 2 = .25) ohm dual coil should work just fine, but that is purely a guess since I don't have one to test with.
The manufacturer specs the ijust 2 as having a .30 ohm limit..so that's what im going by..If it fires lower I have no idea but I wouldn't risk it...chances are its not a very high quality 2600mah battery to begin with.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
The manufacturer specs the ijust 2 as having a .30 ohm limit..so that's what im going by..If it fires lower I have no idea but I wouldn't risk it...chances are its not a very high quality 2600mah battery to begin with.
I agree with your thoughts on the manufacturer specs, but here is what I am working off of direct from the manufacturer site:

http://www.eleafworld.com/ecl-0-18ohm-head/

If not for that, I would be in complete agreement with you. Battery safety is absolutely priority number one, and I don't believe the manufacturer would knowingly create coils that could potentially cause their own product to vent.

I'm really hoping someone with an iJust 2 will weigh in on this with actual experience. I wish I had one so that I could answer more definitively.

Just my $0.02 on the topic ... HTH

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't trust their recommendations in any case...I can see a .30 coil with 20 amps but not .18ohm...A .14 ohm coil wants 30 amps..I doubt eleaf has a special 18650 with 2600mah and over 25 amps that no one else has to tell people its ok to use a .18 coil with a 2600mah battery with a max recommendation of .30 ohms for the device being sold.

I don't own one either nor want one but common sense slices right through that claim they make.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Anytime! There are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge that try to help in these forums. It's what sets them apart from many of the other sites. :D

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
ijust is a regulated mod, so will not fire if your coil resistance is lower than the limit set at the factory. That said, it is nearly impossible to get a battery in a regulated mod to vent IF used and charged properly. Don't toss it around or carry it in a purse or pants pocket (where it might bend if you sit), use a proper charger and charge according to manufacturers directions. Basically, as simple as this sounds, these vaping devices *all of them* are not toys and you can not treat them as such. Tossing them in a box or carrying them in a pocket like a kids slingshot is bad juju. Use as directed, and treat them with respect and properly care for them, and you will not have any issues. Also, a bit of study on what to do IF you do have an issue will come in handy. A venting battery is nothing a bowl full of toilet water wont fix. :)
toilet bowl that is... not like a soup bowl you fill from the toilet... unless you plan on pranking your kids.. heh heh

VU Sponsors