Become a Patron!

Re wicking Atlantis Coils

SMielke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How many people have done it? I just re wicked one of my old coils since I was getting a burnt flavor. My local vape shop doesn't carry coils for the atlantis all they carry is the Melo coils. They work but I noticed that atleast for me it didn't seem like they would wick thicker juices. I destroyed my first coil so I tried with my second one it works great and since I took the outer wicking/shield cotton and only put it back on the holes that were blocked it seems to be wicking better and I get better flavor (it might just be that I got used to the Melo flavor and wicking)

SMielke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Noticed that if stored upright your coil will get flooded

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't done it yet, but I got an Atlantis a couple of weeks ago and will be getting to it sometime. I'm planning to re-build the heads when they need it. Are you using cotton in yours?

I'm really liking my Melo right now. Will be interesting to see how the Atlantis compares. Let us know how it goes with the flooding issue.

I have found that the easiest is the Atl Coil Hack -- >
5 or 6 wraps of 24 ga Kanthal / cottonbacon wick... yields ~ 0.5 Ohm and lasts longer than the original. Taste is better... and you can simply re-wick or repeat when needed...

SMielke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It flooded whenever I let it sit. I'm using my pressed Japanese cotton that I use in my Tugboat. I might try the coil hack next. I went back to my last Melo coil and it's already tasting burnt and I just had it in for a few minutes. I may just go out and buy a nice RTA. I also need to get a new tank for my Vision Spinner 2. I might try the Aspire Nautilus mini with a 1.9 coil head.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It flooded whenever I let it sit. I'm using my pressed Japanese cotton that I use in my Tugboat. I might try the coil hack next. I went back to my last Melo coil and it's already tasting burnt and I just had it in for a few minutes. I may just go out and buy a nice RTA. I also need to get a new tank for my Vision Spinner 2. I might try the Aspire Nautilus mini with a 1.9 coil head.
Don't remove the outer wicking/shield from the other holes. That is what is causing it to leak. I use the same cotton on the coil that you use and have no wicking or leaking issues. I use max vg ejuice.

SMielke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I pulled my coil out the outer wick came out with it.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I pulled my coil out the outer wick came out with it.
Before pulling out your coil use a small screwdriver or paper clip anyway something small and push back the cotton on the coil where it feeds in from the two sides separating it from the outer wicking. Also do this with the coil/wicking wet. What happens when you remove the coil sometimes without doing this is it is stuck to that outer wicking material and it comes out with the coil.

dirtygary

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I covered my hack on another thread but here it is again. 3 mm bit make coil remove all cotton and padding place coil horizontal in head run bit through two opposite wick holes install as normal with pos negative leads through grommet . Then use 400 stainless mesh to cover the other wick holes it will slide between the wall and the tab on the inside of the head. Now run cotton or rayon wick through holes and coil cut flush on the outside. Prime. This has better preformence.

VU Sponsors